Reshoot

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I shoot what I like.

That's great...so let others who wants to shoot CO shoot CO because they like it...I don't see any reason why anybody should bash the division...if you don't like it, don't shoot it...

Is it just too early? Inquiring minds want to know!

Yes, it is still far too early.

As stated, some people who already had what would've been expected to be legal guns turn out to be excluded under the provisional rules.

The rest of us, who may have been tossing around the idea, still have to get guns built. I held off on having one built in part to see what the proposed rules would be.

I will be shooting it before the end of the year, but just how long until I will be shooting it, I don't know

And also, some clubs weren't geared up to recognize it yet (see in the other thread about clubs making September their first monthly match to recognize CO). I believe there was some debate concerning division codes in Practiscore or some such until just recently that complicated matters; though I may be mistaken there, as I don't set up stats for any of the local matches and haven't followed things quite that closely.

USPSA has always been on the cutting edge. It wont be long before slide riding dots are common on carry or duty guns. This is what will keep bringing new members into the ranks. I remember when offering Limited divison was a hot topic.....

After more thought Ive decided I will give it shot at this indoor event I occasionally go to.The lighting is so bad I can barely see my sights anyhow.. So I cannot do worse... :roflol:

I already have a legal gun and equipment for it. Just have to figure out what optic.

Edited by tarosean

All the equipment rules confuse me so I shoot open. I think CO ( or whatever is finally decided to call it) will be a good thing, it will allow people to "play around" with open, then make the decision (or not) to go for it. Don't see a real downside to any of it. (other than all the whining about the provisional rules) :sight:

I petitioned my Director face to face today for the following:

All productions guns on the approved list available for CO

Adjust weights accordingly

Make factory magazine capacity the maximum for each gun.

Let the free marked decide who shoots what.

As usual the voice of reason, Thanks Gary!

Eric

I shot Carry Optics today for the first time. I was the only one shooting the new (provisional) division, and I'm probably the earliest adopter in my section. What a blast! I don't want to go back to shooting irons, and I've primarily been a Limited shooter for the past 10 years. I had my Glock 23 cut for an RMR by Grizz Precision. Just got it back the middle of this week. Sighted it in yesterday and shot a match today. I love it!

Hummmmm!?!?!?! Thought CZ and EAA/Tanfoglio had pistols which would meet weight limit. All have polymer pistols weighing 31-31.5 oz. leaving 3.5 to 4 oz. for sight and magazine. Most carry optics are in the 1 to 1.5 oz. range. Not certin if with or without mount. Unfortunately have no idea what a P09, Witness Polymer Full Sized, or Tanfoglio Force mags weigh.

Hummmmm!?!?!?! Thought CZ and EAA/Tanfoglio had pistols which would meet weight limit. All have polymer pistols weighing 31-31.5 oz. leaving 3.5 to 4 oz. for sight and magazine. Most carry optics are in the 1 to 1.5 oz. range. Not certin if with or without mount. Unfortunately have no idea what a P09, Witness Polymer Full Sized, or Tanfoglio Force mags weigh.

CZ P-09 with a Springer mount and Doctor Sight makes weight no problem. I think mine is a bit under 32 oz.

I'll toss a dovetail mount on a G17, screw down a spare Docter sight and give it a whirl.

Already ahead of you, Mr. Bill, at least with the G17, dovetail mount, and spare Docter. Now, I just need to take my new welfare open gun for a spin at a match. Despite the optic, I think 10 rounds is probably still going to suck. :devil:

I'll toss a dovetail mount on a G17, screw down a spare Docter sight and give it a whirl.

Already ahead of you, Mr. Bill, at least with the G17, dovetail mount, and spare Docter. Now, I just need to take my new welfare open gun for a spin at a match. Despite the optic, I think 10 rounds is probably still going to suck. [emoji317]
Are you guys saying I need to have that division up and running this month?

It sure would be nice if HQ had sent any information at all about it to the club contacts. They seem to be able to charge my credit card for activity fees and send me the the receipt for it so I'm pretty sure they know who I am, would have been nice to be told it's officially a go, you know I read it on the Internet isn't always the best way to gather official information.

Hello: My idea for carry optics is any gun with a slide mounted optic. Limit the round count to 10. No comp and minor 125PF minimum. That way almost anyone can use any gun they may already have. Single stack, limited, revolver or production with optic on slide. More guns can play so more fun for everyone. Thanks, Eric

"Are you guys saying I need to have that division up and running this month? "

Yep, might be a wise thing to investigate. We shall see. I heard it was up and running for EZWinscore. Maybe I will try to confuse them next Saturday at ARPC first just to see how it goes.

Hey, you found out about it the same way I did. I just happened to see the announcement and rules posted on the USPSA website and figured what the heck! MMO - motive, means, and opportunity.

I was born too late in 1990 to shoot any that season...

I have shot Production and Limited only since starting USPSA this year (shoot both with my Glock 34)

I have no interest in this class as it seems like we have enough divisions and the way they made the rules exclude heavy guns rubs me the wrong way. Also a "carry" class with downloaded mags.

Three of us shot CO on Sunday, first match at our club with the new provisional division. Was a lot of fun, although not as much fun as would be with my Accu with red dot (Production Optics!!). But I just need to get more time in with my P09 trigger, and it'll be better than nothing ....