Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Red vs Green Front Sight

csailer

It's personal preference, also, your eye protection plays a role... Some make a different colors stand out more. I have a pair of glasses that make green bright. I have A pair that make red bright. Test both out, you'll like one more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green is easier for me to pick up as well. I actually like the way the red looks more but found it harder for me to pick up quickly. As others have said though try as many as you can, the rods are not that expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Overall I find it really depends on your eyewear and the lighting condition. But, I like to switch them back and forth between green and red. I find that after a couple months of shooting one color the front sight will wash out and I will effectively not be able to track my front sight. But once I switch, I have no issues. That's my $0.02

I change back and forth, I find that having a different color focus's my attention on the front sight. It takes about a month or so for me to get used to the new color again and stop paying proper attention to it.

Basman, that is the best advise for most!!! Unless you have a specific vision issue as FlightMurse stated.

Your brain gets use to seeing the same thing over and over and slowly begins to ignore it trying to find something new. Switching colors every 6 months to a year is the best option for most.

Try it at your next match and your will see how your front sights pops and how more obvious it is in your sight picture.

Good Luck And Be Safe!!!

:D

Edited by szhttm