Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fiber Optic color

jstagn

I find green stands out very well against dirt, and red/orange stands out very well against grass, so it depends on where most of your ranges are. I've read more than a few places that the eye can distinguish more types of green than any other color, and that this means green picks up faster, but personally I find contrast more useful. I am not an ophthalmologist though.

I use red on my shotgun and green on my pistol, so wherever I am, one or the other is going to be not optimal :D

Edited by thermobollocks

I like orange myself the most.

I would suggest changing colors every six months or so. Your brain starts to get use to seeing the same over and over. You will notice a huge difference when you change colors every six months or so as I suggested above.

Good Luck And Be Safe!!!

:D

I use red for 2 primary reasons: 1) I use Rudy Project Laser Racing Red lenses ( the red fiber optic really stands out) and 2) I don't want to be switching from a bright green sight on my pistol to a bright red dot on my rifle (when I look for a sight picture I want to see "red" no matter the shooting platform)

Edited by Butterpuc

Always used red and got an STI last year with green in it. Tried using it for about 6 months but the red seemed easier and faster for me to pick up so put red in it.

I've tried red, then green. Felt like my 57 yr old eyes picked up the green better. Then I went back to black front sight, and havent changed back. I think there are less distractions for the eye to pick up the front sight with it black rather than a F/O. Of course, YMMV