WHERE IS ALL THE POWDER

joedirt

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm beginning to believe this shortage is B.S. You get 7000 gr of powder from a pound, on average you can get 1200 to 1400 hundred rounds reloaded. So, how come there is no shortage of bullets and primers this year????

Primers and bullets were difficult to acquire for a while, things seemed to loosen up, but we are not to pre-12/12 availability/pricing by any means.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Two weeks ago a LGS/Sportsmen's Shop had 96lbs of Titegroup. I bought 6lbs at $19.99 per pound. I have seen some reloading shops and LGS charge as high as $24. They will not get my future business. I will stick to the places that charge a fair price. I understand supply and demand but I choose to do business with folks with a higher sense of moral character and fairness. From my perspective my future business is worth more than short term price gauging because you can.

Two weeks ago a LGS/Sportsmen's Shop had 96lbs of Titegroup. I bought 6lbs at $19.99 per pound. I have seen some reloading shops and LGS charge as high as $24. They will not get my future business. I will stick to the places that charge a fair price.

I hope that there are lots of people who steer clear of powder at $24/lb. That means plenty for me to buy at that price!

One man's "places that charge a fair price" is another man's "places that rarely have anything in stock".

Two weeks ago a LGS/Sportsmen's Shop had 96lbs of Titegroup. I bought 6lbs at $19.99 per pound. I have seen some reloading shops and LGS charge as high as $24. They will not get my future business. I will stick to the places that charge a fair price.

I hope that there are lots of people who steer clear of powder at $24/lb. That means plenty for me to buy at that price!

One man's "places that charge a fair price" is another man's "places that rarely have anything in stock".

Couldn't agree more. I'd pay $40 and maybe even $50 a pound if I could get some Solo 1000 right now. Those who refuse to raise their prices when there's a shortage are just making the shortage worse. If I need it bad enough, I'll pay more for it.

When my LGS has Winchester powder on the shelf for $24 I buy every can of WSF and 231 they have and walk out happy. Would I prefer to be buying 8 pound kegs cheaper, yes....but those unicorns have eluded me for the short term

Need to start looking for .223 rifle powder... haven't bought any for 3 years or so

I have enough for the next reloading session (about 8 pounds)..

Been using 2230 for the last few years.. but H335 would be good too.. any others that people are finding innstock anywhere?

Need to start looking for .223 rifle powder... haven't bought any for 3 years or so

I have enough for the next reloading session (about 8 pounds)..

Been using 2230 for the last few years.. but H335 would be good too.. any others that people are finding innstock anywhere?

3rd generation shooters supply has some H335 and Aliant 1200R in 1 pounders. Limit of 5 of an item per order.

I have not made a purchase from PV in so long- I have deleated them from my MEMORY BANK!! LOL

Yeah, me too. It seems strange that a company that has made a name for themselves in the reloading business and has " Powder " in their name they seem to be having a very hard time getting supplied with any kind of powder. You would think they would have better resources and connections than the LGS, that seems to be getting resupplied every week.

Does anyone have any idea why PV seems to be having such a harder time than LGS's finding powder to sell. I had been buying from them for years but have been finding the powder I need locally and at fair prices.

Since they still have the No Back Orders on their site they could still be filling some giant back orders.

Clays won't be available - except for a lucky find on some shelf - until the Company in Australia starts putting it out again after their fire/explosion.

I have not made a purchase from PV in so long- I have deleated them from my MEMORY BANK!! LOL

Yeah, me too. It seems strange that a company that has made a name for themselves in the reloading business and has " Powder " in their name they seem to be having a very hard time getting supplied with any kind of powder. You would think they would have better resources and connections than the LGS, that seems to be getting resupplied every week.

Does anyone have any idea why PV seems to be having such a harder time than LGS's finding powder to sell. I had been buying from them for years but have been finding the powder I need locally and at fair prices.

You're being unrealistic on your demand from each venue. Your LGS doesn't deal in the volumes PV does. I remember seeing not too long ago that PV had received 600 lbs of Varget. It was gone in a matter of minutes. Your LGS couldn't move that volume ANYWHERE NEAR that quickly. Whatever PV gets, they are able to move immediately.

With today's purchase i'm sitting on 5 lbs of N320, 5 lbs of Titegroup, 1 lb of WSt and 1 lb of 800X ... Should be able to make it to the end of te year now ....

I also have 2 lbs of unopened BL©2 I need to sell since I'm out of the 223 business. If your in the central Fl area hit me up ...