WHERE IS ALL THE POWDER

joedirt

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks rdinga just bought 8 lbs. I've been reloading for about a year now and only have experience with PB and Accurate No5. A while back I chronod some 700x and it was kind of all over the place. Probably did something wrong.

Not sure if WSF is the right choice for 9mm, but it may keep me in business if this nonsense doesn't let up.

Edited by Just4FunLP

How does it work in 9mm minor 125gr?

Good powder, not as soft shooting as some but accurate.

~4.7 grains under a 124 PD JHP loaded short ~1.1 OAL runs about 1,080 fps out of my G17 and groups under 2" at 25 yds for 10-rounds.

Looks like it is getting better...was able to pick up a 8# canister of Titegroup at a local store last Saturday. When I walked in I saw two of them, but the guy who was walking in in front of me got the other one. So, I was lucky.

They also had all kind of 1# around. However, there is a lot of rifle powders on the shelves wherever I go.

Noticing Powder Valley is getting delivery from Hodgon once a month. LGS is starting to get 100x 1lbs of Titegroup every 6-8 weeks. They also have a ton of CSB-1 you buy for $20 per lbs if you get 8lbs or more.

Noticing Powder Valley is getting delivery from Hodgon once a month. LGS is starting to get 100x 1lbs of Titegroup every 6-8 weeks. They also have a ton of CSB-1 you buy for $20 per lbs if you get 8lbs or more.

Do they have Clays?

CLAYS may hit this coming spring.....In the mean time try E3 or CLAYDOT.......as cheap as CLAYDOT is I may not buy CLAYS...for awhile...LOL

DougC

agreed...claydot does seem to be 1-1 replacement, at least in the lots i've used.

CLAYS may hit this coming spring.....In the mean time try E3 or CLAYDOT.......as cheap as CLAYDOT is I may not buy CLAYS...for awhile...LOL

DougC

agreed...claydot does seem to be 1-1 replacement, at least in the lots i've used.

Well aware of this, but even Claydot is not there. :)

Given the options of what is out there now... what are people suggesting for 9mm major loads? The only thing close I can even come up with in my neck of the woods is maybe 700x. I'm new to the pistol reloading scene, so all I've got now in terms of powder is Varget for my .308, and a pound of Red Dot that I was going to use to fireform some brass.

On a related note... how do the flake powders meter in something like a Hornady LNL powder dispenser? I've never tried anything that wasn't ball or rod powder in one. The only thing I've ever used flake powder for was a charge bar in a MEC Junior. :)

I was at Fur, fin and feather in Ashland Oh two weeks ago and they had a bunch of 8lb kegs of power pistol and red dot.

Should have gone in last week. They got a new shipment of Alliant and Hodgdon. They had Bullseye, 700x, and the ones you mentioned in 8lbs and everything alliant makes in 1 pound containers. (randomly walked past the ammo cabinet at Walmart last Tuesday and grabbed a couple 555 Winchester .22 bricks. The Fin has .22 all the time but they mark it up $5-$10 more than Walmart) In fact, I haven't seen them run out of anything Alliant in a couple months now. they are getting powder about every 2-3 weeks it seems.

If anyone is close by in the Cleveland area and wants Titegroup, I have an unopened 4lb container I'd like to sell. My cost was $75 with tax. Looking to break even.

I went over to one of the large shops in South Central PA that usually has good supplies of powder. All I could get was CFE Pistol and there was a large sign on the shelf. No Clays until 2015.

That's what I heard in my store, the owner said "end of 2015 if they are lucky".