WHERE IS ALL THE POWDER

joedirt

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a pound of Clay's that I have had on the shelf for a year, just never got around to using it. I'd sell it but shipping would cost a bunch.

unless you are a hazmat shipper, or know someone who is, you can't ship it for any amount of money legally.

I'm starting to see powder in stock at local stores at about $20 / lb. Grabbed some N310, 231, and WAC last week. Titegroup was available.

I probably already mentioned them on this thread, but you can try D&L in RI (401-738-1889). They don't show current stock online but they do ship and have reasonable prices.

If you're looking for AutoComp or Titegroup they've probably got it. CCI primers at 25/K.

I got there before the WST was gone. I put 2 4lbs in my cart and then decided that between what's left of my open jug of WST, a near full 8lb of Clays, and nearly 16lb of Promo, I just don't need more WST right now. I don't think it does anything I can't do with Promo other than meter better.

(null)

I got there before the WST was gone. I put 2 4lbs in my cart and then decided that between what's left of my open jug of WST, a near full 8lb of Clays, and nearly 16lb of Promo, I just don't need more WST right now. I don't think it does anything I can't do with Promo other than meter better.

(null)

I applaud your restraint. :cheers:

IMG_1862.jpg

IMG_1863.jpg

IMG_1861.jpg

Missed going to the range last week, but made it today. Here what they have on the shelf @ Brown Bear sporting goods in Macomb county Michigan

bottom is 700X 8 pounders, 600x in the 1 pounders

Yes seeing this photo made me cry. :blush: Still mostly unavailable in the local shops in where I live in Pinellas county. I will go to a shop I do business with today and ask. I am down to my last 2 pounds of AA2 and have no more pistol or shotgun powder. Will be out of action, most of my fellow shooters are seeing the same thing.

While powder is coming back and the pictures show shelves somewhat full there is still a shortage of the popular pistol powders. Most of the stores are getting the rifle and shotgun powders but we are still eagerly awaiting the pistol powders.

I was a week late, but I asked if they had 231, and they did last week. Too bad I live an hour from this shop and only stop by when passing through.

That's interesting because their other stores claimed they hadn't gotten and W231. They have had a lot of different powders the past year (but no Vihtavuori at all which they carry when available).

While powder is coming back and the pictures show shelves somewhat full there is still a shortage of the popular pistol powders. Most of the stores are getting the rifle and shotgun powders but we are still eagerly awaiting the pistol powders.

Most shotgun powders can be and are used quite a bit for pistol powders. See what is available and then check that manufactures website loading manual. No reason to go without, even thou you may not find your favorite pistol powder you can still shoot your pistol with shotgun powder.

jj

Went to a small gun show today and one vendor had powder. He was asking $25 a pound for pistol powder. Several good choices available.

Then went to a LGS a little off the beaten path. They had a plethora of powder including WSF. I couldn't resist adopting a couple pounds of the WSF.

It appears the supply chain is slowly catching up. Baby steps of progress are good!

Just used up the last of my IMR PB. I've been reloading now for about 10 months and have probably made and shot 15,000 9mm 125gr rounds. It's being discontinued and I don't see it online, so I guess that's it. I have some Accurate No 5 and some IMR 7625 (which is also being discontinued). I went out to crono a couple of No 5 loads today and was able to compare them with a mag of PB. After testing the No5 I almost wanted to cry when I shot the PB. It really shoots sweet. I never realized how good it was. Not to mentione it metered perfect.

Oh well.... I'll just have to adapt to something else. At least I have some powder. :)

Just used up the last of my IMR PB. I've been reloading now for about 10 months and have probably made and shot 15,000 9mm 125gr rounds. It's being discontinued and I don't see it online, so I guess that's it. I have some Accurate No 5 and some IMR 7625 (which is also being discontinued). I went out to crono a couple of No 5 loads today and was able to compare them with a mag of PB. After testing the No5 I almost wanted to cry when I shot the PB. It really shoots sweet. I never realized how good it was. Not to mentione it metered perfect.

Oh well.... I'll just have to adapt to something else. At least I have some powder. :)

They have PB on the shelf at a few of the LGS I stop at regularly.