Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

kneelingatlas

Hi.....I have a question

My Shadow safety doesn't engage ...not even in S/A

In a way is good but I might get checked one day at a Competition

Where do I file to get it to work ??

You can either file the safety or the sear, the sear is cheaper, but the safety is easier so it's up to you. Just go slow and check frequently because the difference between a functioning safety and a ruined part is less than the depth of your hammer hooks :surprise:

IMG_20140124_242001_489_zpsb0b533ee.thumb.jpg.a3157c6161e0e68e6375a89876c46d04.jpg

Edited by kneelingatlas

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Had a trigger return spring break on me during dryfire this morning, had a replacement part laying around but had never fully disassembled my shadow before. What a great resource this was, went easy as can be.

I had the same thing happen on my SA that I have shot around the neighborhood of 25k rounds last month. Luckily I realized that I ordered too many CGW return springs. I also broke the sear spring after truing and repolishing the sear.

Mine went well short of 25k that's for sure, tough to gauge exactly how many trigger pulls with dry fire and all though. Hopefully the new CGW return spring gives me a little more life but we shall see. Atleast next time it breaks it will be easier to replace thanks to their floating trigger pin.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Atlas one of my CZC hammers has much higher hooks than the other. Came on different models from CZC made several years appart. You have any pics of the angle to hit to clean that hammer up? The SA on that gun is almost a pound higher than the new ACCU. Also as above any hardening issues?

I take material off the ends of the hooks to shorten them, but only polish the surface where it catches on the sear. I've never case hardened after and never worn out a hammer, but then again I don't have any with more than ~10K rounds on them so maybe it's a good idea.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to say that I have an SP-01 (with firing pin block) that I did almost all of this to. I just got an ACCU Shadow and other than the reset, the trigger on my regular SP-01 is better. Now I get to pull apart my ACCU and do it all again. Lucky me!

Edited by flyingchipmunk

Haven't taken my Accu-shadow apart before, but wanting to install the DSperman extra power safety springs that I got a week ago. My question is, do I have to remove the hammer spring first? I was checking the guide and the step prior is to remove the hammer spring.

Or, is the guide in no particular order, and all I have to do is push the sear spring leg out and remove the sear cage so that I can access the safety detent?

No, you just need to take the top end off, remove the safety, sear cage (complete) and you can access the detent.

Thanks for the quick reply. Any tips you have for not having the detent shooting out or just any tips in general? I'm paranoid. I'm thinking of building a box to take the gun apart in so that if something shoots out, like the detent which is under spring tension, it will land in the box.

Haven't taken my Accu-shadow apart before, but wanting to install the DSperman extra power safety springs that I got a week ago. My question is, do I have to remove the hammer spring first? I was checking the guide and the step prior is to remove the hammer spring.

Or, is the guide in no particular order, and all I have to do is push the sear spring leg out and remove the sear cage so that I can access the safety detent?

Taking tension off the hammer strut makes reinstallation of the sear cage easier but it is not necessary.

No, you just need to take the top end off, remove the safety, sear cage (complete) and you can access the detent.

Thanks for the quick reply. Any tips you have for not having the detent shooting out or just any tips in general? I'm paranoid. I'm thinking of building a box to take the gun apart in so that if something shoots out, like the detent which is under spring tension, it will land in the box.

Gallon ziplock bag for the win

If ur afraid parts flying, I usually use those 3M blue painters tape over the slide while I punch a slave pin through or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prefer using a large towel and a fairly large magnet tray.

• 2 weeks later...

Now to the lower half of the pistol:

I will install CZ USA's race hammer, a Shadow mag release, 97B trigger (the same as the old style 85C trigger, but without the over travel screw), a flat hammer spring plug, and the following CGW parts: 11.5# hammer spring, reduced power trigger return spring and type one short reset disconnector.

IMG_20140123_223434_690_zps4d8facac.jpg

Step one: remove the grips.

IMG_20140123_223653_486_zps6e871b53.jpg

Next depress the hammer spring plug slightly and remove the retaining pin.

IMG_20140123_223711_997_zps49ecdf3e.jpg

IMG_20140123_223805_003_zps88649a3b.jpg

Then remove the top retaining pin on the magazine brake and remove the brake.

IMG_20140123_223911_568_zps339ce96a.jpg

Removing the safeties: using a jeweler's screwdriver, lift the long leg of the sear spring out of the groove and set it aside on the safety.

IMG_20140123_224044_148_zps0577a711.jpg

Newbie question here... what's the difference between the stock and a Shadow mag release? Can't really find any photos comparing before and after. Did you procure the mag release from CZC or from David?

Newbie question here... what's the difference between the stock and a Shadow mag release? Can't really find any photos comparing before and after. Did you procure the mag release from CZC or from David?

The Shadow safety sticks out further. This makes it easier to hit in a hurry.

So I got the SP-01 Tactical apart, polished, reassembled and put back together, but the hammer won't hit the firing pin. It stops about 1/16"-1/8" away. New parts are CGW firing pin, hammer Springs, trigger return spring and disconnected. Hammer is CZC. I'm using my P-01 as a model, and things look pretty similar. I don't have the decocker levers back in. Trigger works in SA and DA.