Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

kneelingatlas

Kneelingatlas, thanks for the post. I have a question regarding making the reset shorter on a cz that has a fpb. Aside from using/modifying a disco 1, modifying the lifter arm, and the trigger bar; is there anything else necessary that has to be done to achieve the shorter reset? Thanks again.

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't use the word necessary, but the steps you describe are those I took to make the shortest reset I could using the ideas that popped into my head at the time (and that I was interested in pursuing). There certainly may be more things to be done (modification of the firing pin block surfaces is one which comes to mind), but this is what I did and the result was pretty good. The more you do the better it will be unless you do too much :roflol:

You could always hand fit a type 1 disco without messing with the lifter or trigger bar; it would probably still yield a shorter reset than a type 2, maybe not as short as if you did, but without as much risk of destroying parts. Everything is a trade off.

Edited by kneelingatlas

At the World Shoot ( Tanfoglio Armorers bench ) I learned that Tanfoglio has an Extended FPB in order to be activated sooner... CZs dont have that but I think that by grinding the part that actually touches the FP to release it sooner might help

I wouldn't use the word necessary, but the steps you describe are those I took to make the shortest reset I could using the ideas that popped into my head at the time (and that I was interested in pursuing). There certainly may be more things to be done (modification of the firing pin block surfaces is one which comes to mind), but this is what I did and the result was pretty good. The more you do the better it will be unless you do too much :roflol:

You could always hand fit a type 1 disco without messing with the lifter or trigger bar; it would probably still yield a shorter reset than a type 2, maybe not as short as if you did, but without as much risk of destroying parts. Everything is a trade off.

Thanks; i'll definitely try this, including working on the surface of fpb. My lifter is from CGW; so it's been modified already. The first thing I'm planning to do is work on the wedge of the disco 1. Thanks again!

• 4 weeks later...

Can you guys average how many times you installed and uninstalled the sear in order to fit the Disco

Ps. I have a decocker :'(

3 times on one, 5 times on another. 4?

The decocker sear cage was designed by a devil.... I hate that thing.

Emjei,

I disassembled and reassembled probably close to 10 times. However, I only did file work on the disco. I only had spare discos. I did not have spare trigger bars or lifter arms. I left the sear cage intact in fear I might take off too much metal from the lifter arm. My suggestion - just get a slave pin and leave the sear cage as one whole piece if you don't feel like dealing with it.

I've worked on about a half dozen SP-01 Shadows, 4 SP-01s, a P-01, and a 2075 RAMI. I hate the P-01 and the RAMI, but I did my best work on those two. Now I have to go back and do more work on the others....

Please describe the fitting process of the CGW Type 3

The area behind the wedge must be filed down:

IMG_20140123_233242_863_zps3acfbf61.jpg

Awesome thread. I had no idea it existed till now. Instead of modifying the disco I modified the trigger bar where the Disco rides on until the trigger reset. Edited by himurax13

My PO1 is currently without the FPB due to the fact that I installed a Disco Type 1

I wonder if it would still reset with the FPB installed ??

Or perhaps just a bit of filling will do

I had to install a modified safety lever (another CGW part). It would work in DA but not in SA.

^^^ PO1 is Decocker ;)

Yes, I know. It also has a FPB. It would fire in DA, but wouldn't release hammer in SA. Put in the modified safety lever (it's the small metal part that pushes up on the block, #14 on exploded view).