Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

kneelingatlas

After polishing the center rail and working the breech face edge I was still having issues with the top round getting pushed forward. I ended up working the breech face a little more and polishing a little more. I use dremel so I know for sure its a nice finish that is pushing the next round. Hopefully it won't do it anymore because its really annoying having to pull the mag out all the time.

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everywhere I've read has said the Mecgar mags are the way to go so I'm wondering why I'm having issues with them. Maybe in need to leave the mags full when I'm done shooting to break in the springs a little.

This might be a ridiculous suggestion, but try taking the guts out of a mag that works and put them into a tube that doesn't. That will address the spring variable as well as the follower. Then I would compare the width of the lips on both tubes. If they are consistently wider on all the mags that don't work, you might have an answer.

I installed the CGW disconnector but now the hammer will not fall in double action. Single action seems fine. If I press down on the sear cage while pulling the trigger in double action, the hammer will fall. Any ideas?

I bought a surplus Compact D and was impressed by how nice the trigger was when I got it. But, even then there is still a few changes I wanted to make. The ribbed trigger I didn't like at all. So yesterday I tore it down and while apart smoothed and polished the usual parts. When reassembling it I installed the smooth trigger from my transitional pre B I converted to SAO. After reassembly I was surprised that my reset was noticably shorter than before! Anyone have any ideas on how that happened? I compared the old and even older triggers and they looked identical to me.

I have a type 1 disco coming that I plan to fit to my SP01 to get the shortest reset possible. After that the type 2 from the SP01 is going to get installed into the Compact along with a CGW SRS-2 to hopefully improve the reset even more. The one thing I didn't like about the Compact D other than the trigger was the long reset. These upgrades should hopefully reduce that.

I bought a surplus Compact D and was impressed by how nice the trigger was when I got it. But, even then there is still a few changes I wanted to make. The ribbed trigger I didn't like at all. So yesterday I tore it down and while apart smoothed and polished the usual parts. When reassembling it I installed the smooth trigger from my transitional pre B I converted to SAO. After reassembly I was surprised that my reset was noticably shorter than before! Anyone have any ideas on how that happened? I compared the old and even older triggers and they looked identical to me.

I have a type 1 disco coming that I plan to fit to my SP01 to get the shortest reset possible. After that the type 2 from the SP01 is going to get installed into the Compact along with a CGW SRS-2 to hopefully improve the reset even more. The one thing I didn't like about the Compact D other than the trigger was the long reset. These upgrades should hopefully reduce that.

I slight difference in the distance between pin holes could effect the reset length.

I´m having a trigger problem with my Tactical Sport.

The trigger bar doesn´t connect with the disco (trigger unit in the back).

The trigger bar is lose somehow, it "hangs down" a bit.

If I´m pulling it up a tad from inside, it fits the disco and I can brake one "shot", after that it is lose again.

How can I fix that?

I want to start on the German Steel Challenge tomorrow, so I´m begging for help.

:cheers:

There is a spring wire under the trigger bar?

Do you mean the sear spring?

How is this connected with the trigger bar?

I'm out of town, so I can't take a photo, it's not a spring per se.

It is the thing that is held down by a screw just behind the trigger return spring and fits in a groove under the right side trigger bar

I just have to say thanks to kneelingatlas for starting this highly informative thread and all posters along the way. My CGW parts arrived and I installed the Type 1 disco in my SP-01 and its Type 2 disco into my Compact D. I would have not attempted to fit a part if it wasn't for this thread. The SP-01 went easy enough after fitting and getting it to reset correctly. The Type 2 installed into the Compact D had to be fitted for reset in SA and DA. But, with all the info on this thread I was able to diagnose and fix the hick ups along the way.

In the end I learned the decocker cage is slightly evil, but I got pretty good taking it in and out so many times. The little easy to loose FPB lifter spring is completely the DEVIL on the other hand! It went flying twice and somehow I found it both times only to destroy it installing the sear cage pin. I had spares so no big deal. The SP-01 now has a shorter reset which is what I wanted. The Compact D has a much shorter reset as well, and really surprised me at how well it turned out in the end. A decocker CZ with a 6.5 lb DA and under 3 lb SA using the stock hammer exceeded my expectations.

Seconded (or however many times), thanks for the guide atlas, especially the dis/re assembly and accompanying pictures.

Knowing which surfaces exactly to smooth is also really helpful.

Looks like I get to take the Compact D apart at least one more time. In DA I'm getting some widely variable trigger pull measurements (just under 6lbs all the way up to 8.5lbs) so something isn't quite right in there. I would expect maybe a few ounces to half a pound, but 2 plus pound difference? I might reinstall the stock disco to see if it is my fitted Type 2 disco or not.

I'm hoping to get to the range with both tomorrow or Thursday before work to test out the new mods.