Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

kneelingatlas

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My PO1 is currently without the FPB due to the fact that I installed a Disco Type 1

I wonder if it would still reset with the FPB installed ??

Or perhaps just a bit of filling will do

I am curious about that as well but not enough to replace the type 2 disco. ;)

One thing I didn't see mentioned in this thread is adjusting the trigger bar spring (the spring that pushes up on the underside of the trigger bar). I did the work in this thread, and ended up with a false reset that would drop the hammer in single action without moving the firing pin block to let the firing pin move. I noticed this while hand fitting the short reset disconnector.

After talking with David at Cajun gun works the solution was to adjust the spring so that it rides in the indentations in the bottom of the trigger bar. The left side needs to just touch the trigger bar, the right side should be 1/8 to 3/16 above the bottom of the trigger bar. This fixed the false reset.

I had not touched the spring while doing the work, since I did not put in an extended mag release.

Edited by bthoefer

This may have been answered, but how much did the back of the slide get rounded? is it like a 45* chamfer, or just enough to break the sharp edge?

I round the center channel off, where it impacts the hammer on slide action. It's not like a angle, per se, it's more of just a rounding of the edge. Just a simple smoothing of the corner won't really do a whole lot, but elongating that edge to a slow smooth curve will help.

Assembly question:

Do you use a lube upon re-assembly? Such as between all the parts you've polished? If so, what lube.

I used some Slide-Glide when I put mine back together and now I'm wondering if that's just going to attract a lot of dirt.

Assembly question:

Do you use a lube upon re-assembly? Such as between all the parts you've polished? If so, what lube.

I used some Slide-Glide when I put mine back together and now I'm wondering if that's just going to attract a lot of dirt.

I do the same.

Not anymore than oil would. Just don't go full retard.

I saturate the parts in synthetic automatic transmission fluid before reassembly :ph34r:

Do you do your gunsmithing in a ventilated shed far away from everyone else? ATF smells absolutely terrible; I can't imagine having that smell in my house. I already use a dual cartridge respirator when I use a copper fouling removal agent.

Edited by SubOrbital

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you to all who contributed to this thread. Bought an SP-01 two days ago, pulled it apart and polished everything with the exception of pulling apart the sear cage yesterday. Waiting till I get parts from CGW after Christmas. All the grit in DA is gone. Went out and put 250 rounds through it with out issue today. Loved it. BTW I have only been shooting for about a month and never had a gun apart before. This is great info.

Thanks again.

Matt

I just did this on my SP-01. I installed the SRS-2 kit, CGW Type 2 disco, CZ Comp Hammer, original 85 trigger, shadow mag release, stainless steel brake, 11lb recoil spring, and the 11.5lb hammer spring. Everything seems to work as far as the DA/SA goes but the safety will not switch to safe when the gun is cocked. It looks like the "leg" of the sear will not raise high enough clear the hump on the safety. What could be the problem and how do I correct it?

The gun is a comp gun, I just wanted to make sure I didn't mess something up with the hammer or sear, do you normally have to fit the safety after installing the comp hammer? As a production gun doesn't the primary safe have to function?

The Safety "still works" .... its just tight. ...... leave it like that

I have seen guys cursing because they accidentally clicked the Safety on while shooting

Edited by emjei

Having to fit the sear / safety interface is a common requirement and not that difficult. There are numerous internet tutorials and videos to show you how. I changed the hammer on one of my guns and had a friend show me how with five minutes of Dremel time. Most of the advice here is to fit the sear and not the safety which is the option some choose.