Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

It happened,....S&W 929 8 Shot 9mm Revolver

alecmc

Looks like it actually happened. or is it too early for april fools?

8 shot 9mm S&W 929 Revolver. Ti Cylinder, 6.5" barrel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBW3IJdU4bQ

I wonder what the price point will be ?

at least now we know why smith and wesson has been hoarding all their titanium cylinders

Edited by alecmc

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks interesting but won't the ported barrel put you in open division for USPSA? It would be a great pistol for open revolver in Steel Challenge though.

The video seems legit but I also noticed there's a typo in the URL displayed at the end of it. Instead of "www" it shows "ww" I would hope the marketing department would have caught something like that before allowing it to be released.

Zack, it looks like it has a removable ported end cap like the V-Comp. Maybe it will come like the V-Comp and have a non ported end cap as well. It also looks like it has a pinned front sight which is better than the V-Comp's dove tail.

Edited by toothguy

I just said on another forum I had all the firearms I needed or wanted after buying at least one a month in 2013. Looks like the 929 is on my list for 2014. I agree the 929 just screams 44 Mag not 9mm.

I have 8-round 9mm titanuim cylinder conversion for 628 and there are no issues with extraction.

Ti cylinders have been successful, but I was just thinking about the old 646 and certain 625's from S&W that had extraction issues. Most of these were easily remedied, but just hoping this one will be right straight out of the box.

I saw a 27-7 (8 shot blued 6.5'' barrel) that Mike Carmoney's son has and loved it. They only made 100 so they are hard to find. If or when these become available I will buy one.

They also made then in a 4" version,,I bought the only one I've seen Edited by EEH

If they could only squeeze that cylinder into an L frame, all would be right with the world. The Ti cylinder might make it okay, it's certainly a step in the right direction. Now how many are they going to produce?

Concerned about that too, I mean - when the 38 super 627s came out? what was the promotions like ? Did they come out and say it was a limited run, or did they just all of a sudden stop making them after xx amount ?

I'd be really interesting picking one up just cause of the cool factor, but i'll probably use the 627 im having built with a 6.5" barrel and ti cylinder and 38 short colts for USPSA minor, I enjoy using the 160 grain bullet - and I doubt squeezing that into a 9mm case would never happen.