It happened,....S&W 929 8 Shot 9mm Revolver

alecmc

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I also wonder if the 8 shot 9mm moonclips tk customs makes are going to be plug and play, or the specs of the cylinder might be a touch different then the way the moonclips are?

http://tkcustom.com/cart/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=42&cat=9mm

Ooooo, those short little 9's are gonna drop in a lot smoother...

BTW, I'll buy that new 627 from you. :D

He said that that model was the jerry miculek signature addition so that says to me that there will be at least one other model, I'd love a 5" non-ported barrel version, but if this is the only one I'm pretty sure I'm going to find a way to get one

We have been asking for this since they came out with the 8 shot........For them to come out with this when they can't keep up with their regular orders is a big deal. My only concern is that this is a limited order run for Bangers or some other distributor meaning a finite amount of guns and they will sell out first day of SHOT. That means less likely that our local dealers will be able to find them at a reasonable price, which means we will pay out the ass for them......

First gun I have been excitied about in awhile, but I doubt it will work any better than my 38 special guns shooting short colts......My guess is that there will be at least a 3565 diameter bore up to a .358 bore.....why you ask, because that is what they have always done...... :goof:

Merry Christmas.......

DougC

We have been asking for this since they came out with the 8 shot........For them to come out with this when they can't keep up with their regular orders is a big deal. My only concern is that this is a limited order run for Bangers or some other distributor meaning a finite amount of guns and they will sell out first day of SHOT. That means less likely that our local dealers will be able to find them at a reasonable price, which means we will pay out the ass for them......

First gun I have been excitied about in awhile, but I doubt it will work any better than my 38 special guns shooting short colts......My guess is that there will be at least a 3565 diameter bore up to a .358 bore.....why you ask, because that is what they have always done...... :goof:

Merry Christmas.......

DougC

This is part of the reason why I asked the question about the SHOT show. I wonder if any of them will ever make it to the LGS.

I also wonder if the 8 shot 9mm moonclips tk customs makes are going to be plug and play, or the specs of the cylinder might be a touch different then the way the moonclips are?

Im pretty sure those clips will work fine. For those with equity left in their homes you can get Hearthcos in .040 thick.

It seems to me from my limited experience with Revo's that you can get a bit better ignition from a rimmed moon clipped case than a non rimmed moon clipped case.

So the 9 may be a solution for a problem that isn't there.

Any bets on what barrel they use, accuracy may not be worth a darn if they don't use 355 barrels. My 627 doesn't shoot 356 plated worth a crap, but 355 jacketed do seem a bit better.

Im pretty sure those clips will work fine. For those with equity left in their homes you can get Hearthcos in .040 thick.

Will Starline and Winchester brass work with the .040 clips? Thanks.

I also wonder if the 8 shot 9mm moonclips tk customs makes are going to be plug and play, or the specs of the cylinder might be a touch different then the way the moonclips are? http://tkcustom.com/cart/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=42&cat=9mm

Will Starline and Winchester brass work with the .040 clips? Thanks.
Thats the good thing about auto pistol carts. There's actually a spec for the extractor groove. Most brass should work fine in a standard clip. it will be a moon clip only gun. Edited by hearthco

hearthco, on your website is says the fit for the .035 are precise and snug so I was curious about the thicker .040 9 mm clip. From what you said I"m thinking the extractor grooves in different brass is consistently .035 and the .040 clips are just a little more snug helping with rigidity for the 8 shot. Also I didn't see the .040 clips for the 9mm on you site, how much are they? Thanks.

Edited by toothguy

Or will it be supported by the chamber like the 625...

625s don't headspace off the case mouth. They headspace off the moonclip. All the chambers I've checked have been cut ~.015" too deep to headspace off the case mouth. I've always assumed the C&S pins are as long as they are (.510"+) to allow firing loose rds with ~.015" too much headspace. Edited by Tom E

I can't help but once again to put my 2 cents in.

Seems like JM got USPSA to go 8 round minor which, in my opinion, will be the end of major revolver shooters. This coming Nationals will tell the true story. After all, Sevigney almost beat Leatham in Single Stack when chrono made him score minor AFTER shooting the match with only 8 rounds not 10.

Anyway, it now seems like JM convinced S&W to make him a gun to compete with. Complete with a TI cylinder which we can't get from Smith to keep our 625's running.

I like new toys but in reality, I don't believe this gun will not do anything more than a 627 with short Colt cases. That's why I don't understand all the excitement.

I wish I could get Smith to make me some TI cylinders, that I could get excited about. They don't even have to put my name on them or give me a royalty in sales.

I like new toys but in reality, I don't believe this gun will not do anything more than a 627 with short Colt cases. That's why I don't understand all the excitement.

Have you ever traveled to a major match by plane and tried to get enough ammo with you? The official allowed qty is 5kg ammo according to IATA rules. Even with short colts and let's say 125grs bullets, you can never get enough with you. Buying match ammo also won't work with short colts. So if the rule change comes also for IPSC, it would be perfect for shooting 9mm match ammo. But even for local matches - no more need for reloading 38shorties. I like the idea of a competitive 9mm Revo. Shooting 6Major with 38sc and my loved 586 combined with the opportunity of shooting 8minor with the 929 sounds very good to me.