Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New USPSA Division idea

9x45

I think this would bring out alot of guys who carry concealed but do not normally shoot competition, including everyone I know who shoots Open and Limited but carrys an 7 or 8 round pocket gun.

Sub Compact Limited 8 Concealed

Scoring is Minor. Minimum caliber 9mm.

Gun rules: 3.5” barrel maximum, no modifications from factory configuration allowed; exceptions are grip socks or grip tape only.

Magazines loaded to 8 rounds maximum.

Mag pouches; no mag pouches allowed, all magazines from inside the waist band or pockets

Holsters; Only inside the waist band holsters allowed, exception Clip Draw allowed, must loop belt

Concealment is mandatory, must cover gun and magazines. Garment must extend a minimum of 4” below top of belt line, and be continuous around the shooter. Examples; Tee shirt, button down shirt, sweat shirt. Garment must be pulled straight up, not swept aside. No vests allowed.

Sub-divisions: LEO, Lady, Junior, Senior, Super Senior

Check out this raging 1.9 first shot draw….

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8lqm...ature=youtu.be

This sounds like a division meant for how you specifically carry. I am guessing the participant pool will be too limiting and I can't imagine trying to write rules around it.

Sounds like IDPA backup gun division, something that already exists but is RARELY used.

this belongs in an entirely different forum, but.... the reason (imho) the BUG division is rarely used is because of the low-ready start and 5-round stage limit, probably as a handicapped access for revolver shooters. Plenty of bug-legal guns (m&pc, p01, etc...) are good carry guns and have much more capability than a pocket gun. IMHO, idpa needs a BUG division that shoots from a holster with extra mags on the same COF as everyone else.

Of course I can just shoot my p01 in ssp, and if I ever do another idpa match, I probably will.

This sounds like a division meant for how you specifically carry. I am guessing the participant pool will be too limiting and I can't imagine trying to write rules around it.

Oh darn, you went and wrecked my gig. I was going to rule that division in Senior.... Sigh, guess I'll just have to shoot my Kahr CW9 in Production.

"It's even more IDPA than IDPA." How cool is that? Bill Wilson will be sorry if this division ever gets incorporated, no one will shoot IDPA anymore. Wait, I don't shoot IDPA anymore anyway.

I think this would bring out alot of guys who carry concealed but do not normally shoot competition, including everyone I know who shoots Open and Limited but carrys an 7 or 8 round pocket gun.

Sub Compact Limited 8 Concealed

Scoring is Minor. Minimum caliber 9mm.

Gun rules: 3.5” barrel maximum, no modifications from factory configuration allowed; exceptions are grip socks or grip tape only.

Magazines loaded to 8 rounds maximum.

Mag pouches; no mag pouches allowed, all magazines from inside the waist band or pockets

Holsters; Only inside the waist band holsters allowed, exception Clip Draw allowed, must loop belt

Concealment is mandatory, must cover gun and magazines. Garment must extend a minimum of 4” below top of belt line, and be continuous around the shooter. Examples; Tee shirt, button down shirt, sweat shirt. Garment must be pulled straight up, not swept aside. No vests allowed.

Sub-divisions: LEO, Lady, Junior, Senior, Super Senior

Check out this raging 1.9 first shot draw….

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8lqm...ature=youtu.be

So I'm out. My reallife concealment garments all sweep back; I carry mag pouches, and I've swapped sights and trigger components on my guns -- which also hold more than 8 rounds, come equipped with lights and/or lasers, or are chambered in calibers smaller than 9mm.....

So I'm out. My real life concealment garments all sweep back; I carry mag pouches, and I've swapped sights and trigger components on my guns -- which also hold more than 8 rounds, come equipped with lights and/or lasers, or are chambered in calibers smaller than 9mm.....

I guess I'll just shoot my LCP380 in steel challenge...

Ok, why not? If this was real, which it is not, maybe even rimfire could be included. So... That gives me a whole new idea! I will run my Ruger 22/45 6.5" slab sided bull barrel from concealment. I am going to rule that division also!!! Who would dare appendix carry a Ruger rimfire?