Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Texas Multigun Championship April 11-13, 2014

A cart is real nice at the end of the day going up the hill to the parking lot.

It is so nice, I think I will bring my 4-W'er to pull it.

If I see you Pat I will stop, you can sit in my cart and hold on to your cart and we both will go up the hill.

If this turns into a train someone bring a bell or horn.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like we might need some prairie storm Ryan..otherwise, if the website is correct and from this year, it says 5 slugs and 15 buck..

I think that has been up for awhile - I was hoping for an update since we are 3 weeks out.

How about now since we're 10 days out now...

Bring some stout bird shot...

We talking Prairie Storm #6 shot stout?

Never shot it, but that sure sounds stout....

I have never tested there max distance but I would bet they will knock down a target at 40 yards! Especially with a mod choke.

Y'all might want to bring some heavy bird shot also... just saying.... ;)

BigLucky is designing a stage. I would listen.

I have not seen the stage, but my guess is that larger shot (i.e., #4) is not required, but more/faster pellets would do it. And knowledge of how they pattern.

There is always a box of stout birdshot with me at major matches. Oops - I think i used them up, so better get more.

Sounds like we might need some prairie storm Ryan..otherwise, if the website is correct and from this year, it says 5 slugs and 15 buck..

Are you talking 2 3/4" or 3"

Slug targets will either be paper (close or far), or steel, not real close. As long as it punches through paper or rings steel, it is acceptable. Most will be shooting a 1 oz slug at 1150-1200 fps.

5.5 Participants will not reconfigure any firearm during the course of the entire event. (i.e. change caliber, barrel length,

shotgun magazine tube length, sighting systems or stock style.) This will be considered Unsportsmanlike Conduct.

Does this include changing choke tubes during the match?

Are you talking 2 3/4" or 3"

Slug targets will either be paper (close or far), or steel, not real close. As long as it punches through paper or rings steel, it is acceptable. Most will be shooting a 1 oz slug at 1150-1200 fps.

I was asking about Prairie Storm #6 shot

Please don't give out any classified info about the match like which corner of the legal pad your shooters packet is torn off of.

Edited by hgr2

Only 70 birdshot? BigLucky makes it seem like half of that is on one stage... If I shoot 11 stages requiring 35 rounds of birdshot you guys are gonna listen to me complain about shooting a 2 gun match all weekend! We do more than 70 in most 5 stage club matches around here!

Only 70 birdshot? BigLucky makes it seem like half of that is on one stage... If I shoot 11 stages requiring 35 rounds of birdshot you guys are gonna listen to me complain about shooting a 2 gun match all weekend! We do more than 70 in most 5 stage club matches around here!

I'm an RO for the match,,,, not to say what the stages are,,, but Like last year,,, These stages have more than one way to shoot them.

My stage is birdshot only.. 30+ rounds.. Factor that in. But as usual for the Multigun, bring a lot of everything as there are lots of options available to you.

Edited by BigLucky

My stage is birdshot only.. 30+ rounds.. Factor that in. But as usual for the Multigun, bring a lot of everything as there are lots of options available to you.

I've got around 350-400 rifle, 500-600 pistol (plan to work over new pistol before the match with a lot of it), 300+ birdshot, and plenty of slugs/buck.

Is that stage shotgun only? 30+ rounds of birdshot? I may need to contact Timmy over at Taccom about that hexload idea. :devil:

30+ rnds?

Anyone know of a Carbon Arms or Taccom dealer in Austin, Tx? :)

30+ rnds?

Anyone know of a Carbon Arms or Taccom dealer in Austin, Tx? :)

Try Shooter's Source. They do ship quickly.