Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Texas Multigun Championship April 11-13, 2014

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many rounds of rifle, pistol, and shotgun do you plan on having on you if you're shooting WWII class?

I don't have a fixed number that I plan to carry. I will wait and look at the stage descriptions, and probably look at the stages themselves, and then decide.

Tommy

My current set up will allow me to carry five 1911 mags, five M1 clips, and 12 rounds of shotgun shells. If that's not enough, I guess I'll just fill my pockets!

That sounds like a pretty good load out. If history repeats, you'll have adequate time between stages to adjust your gear. Every stage does not require shooting all 3 guns. So you may want to leave the pistol ammo off and carry more shotgun ammo on this stage, or leave the shotgun ammo off and carry more rifle ammo on that stage. Just be prepared to asjust on the fly. But, like I say, I think you'll have plenty of time between stages.

One other thing to be prepared for: Sometimes you may have to transition between birdshot, buckshot and/or slugs; all in the same stage. So you need a way to carry some of each, and carry them separately, so you can keep track of what load is going into the gun and in what order. And, speaking of slugs, be sure you know where your shotgun hits with them.

:-)

Tommy

Sounds like we might need some prairie storm Ryan..otherwise, if the website is correct and from this year, it says 5 slugs and 15 buck..

I think that has been up for awhile - I was hoping for an update since we are 3 weeks out.

Sounds like we might need some prairie storm Ryan..otherwise, if the website is correct and from this year, it says 5 slugs and 15 buck..

I think that has been up for awhile - I was hoping for an update since we are 3 weeks out.

How about now since we're 10 days out now...

Will we need slings for either rifle or shotgun?

No sling needed, and it will be in the way, so detach it.

Is this a "lost brass" match or can we police our brass after we shoot?

Yes, sorry, lost brass match.

Will there be a safety area out near the competitor parking lot where we can load our long guns onto our carts?

Or is it allowed at the vehicle as long as we keep the muzzle down?

Thanks.

Bill

Please leave handguns bagged until you get to the safe tables by the bays.

Long guns may be loaded onto carts in the parking area as long as muzzles are pointed in a safe direction.

Bring some stout bird shot...

We talking Prairie Storm #6 shot stout?

We talking Prairie Storm #6 shot stout?

Never shot it, but that sure sounds stout....