Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Texas Multigun Championship April 11-13, 2014

Since this will be first TX Multigun Championship, I have a few questions that I'm sure veteran shooters will be able to answer.

Matt

Welcome.

1. Usually honored and you may be able to tweak at registration; unless your buddy has 20-30 buddies who also want to shoot with him. However, the squad list will not be posted until a few days before the match because experience has shown that people will fill the registrar's time tweaking requests and we do not want to waste her time.

2. Per Sheldon, "As long as I am match director, there will be a WW2 division".

3. Expect a slug or buckshot stage to have birdshot as well. Might not, but expect it. However, it is unlikely that a stage will require bird and buck and slugs. I buy shells that are different colors for different types to make it visually easy to select.

4. How good a shot are you? It only takes one hit on paper to neutralize the target in WW2 division, but steel still must fall to score. I would carry minimum 6 magazines and load another at "Make Ready". Maybe more, but when I shot WW2, I carried that many and did not run out of ammo on any stage.

5. Frank will probably chime in, but there are no good ways to carry lots of clips and be fast. I dropped a couple in shotgun trays and had a few in pouches. Some would clip them on a sling in the traditional fashion, but slings are not needed for this match and not recommended.

6. No classifications, just divisions.

Hope you enjoy the match.

"2. Per Sheldon, "As long as I am match director, there will be a WW2 division"."

Cool. But WWII division most definitely DID get rolled into Vietnam Heavy last year. No complaints about what that did to the prize table for the guys in both divisions, but WWII division results were not even published, as such. At least not that I saw.

A poster above mentioned that Vietnam Heavy is not offered this year. I just followed the link from the web page (http://tacscore.com/texas-multi-gun-championship-detail) to the rule book (http://tacscore.com/TXMG/Media/Default/Page/2013-TXMG%20CHAMP%20RULES-Rev2.pdf), and I see that both Viet Light and Heavy are still in the book. Would somebody connected with the match please clarify this question?

I need to get signed up, but I am still on the fence about what division to choose...

Good luck and Good Shooting,

Tommy

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use a Maxpedition Mini-Rolypoly at the right hip location on my shooting belt to hold the En-Bloc clips. That works well for me.

And I will shoot WWII division again this year.

OK, I'm signed up; and I'm shooting WWII division again this year!

:-)

Tommy

Glad to hear it! I hope there is a well represented field of WWII Shooters. Any time that I get to shoot a rifle in competition that was manufactured in 1943 makes for a great day!

(And to be honest, if I can beat a few other shooters who are shooting "modern sporting rifles", it only makes it better)

Anyone got a call back or email back about cancellations? I have called several times, left two voicemails, and emailed with no response.

Seth. I know Brian called them about a week ago and left a message with another question. Sheldon called him back a few minutes later.

Anyone got a call back or email back about cancellations? I have called several times, left two voicemails, and emailed with no response.

Who/what number did you call? Sheldon's cell changed a while back, and the old number was still accepting voicemails.

Match registration happens in batches. It has been a couple months, but the match registrar is recovering from a c-section so things have slowed some.

"2. Per Sheldon, "As long as I am match director, there will be a WW2 division"."

Cool. But WWII division most definitely DID get rolled into Vietnam Heavy last year. No complaints about what that did to the prize table for the guys in both divisions, but WWII division results were not even published, as such. At least not that I saw.

A poster above mentioned that Vietnam Heavy is not offered this year. I just followed the link from the web page (http://tacscore.com/texas-multi-gun-championship-detail) to the rule book (http://tacscore.com/TXMG/Media/Default/Page/2013-TXMG%20CHAMP%20RULES-Rev2.pdf), and I see that both Viet Light and Heavy are still in the book. Would somebody connected with the match please clarify this question?

I need to get signed up, but I am still on the fence about what division to choose...

Good luck and Good Shooting,

Tommy

I believe there were more WW2 shooters than Viet Heavy last year, but which got rolled into which did not matter so much.

There are some rule changes pending and we decided to hold off on the update until those were made. The divisions available are shown when you register.

BTW, the changes are regarding match operation and are not division related other than which ones are available.

Who/what number did you call? Sheldon's cell changed a while back, and the old number was still accepting voicemails.

Match registration happens in batches. It has been a couple months, but the match registrar is recovering from a c-section so things have slowed some.

I am using the contact info below from the website. I have sent an email, and left two voicemails. If you have better contact info let me know, either here or by PM.

Contact.JPG

I am using the contact info below from the website. I have sent an email, and left two voicemails. If you have better contact info let me know, either here or by PM.

Contact.JPG

Correct

That is the correct info. I will poke them tonight.

That is the correct info. I will poke them tonight.

I appreciate it

I "registered" on the website but when I go to sign up for the match the screen just freezes?

I have the waiver filled out.

Any idea what I should do?

Thanks,

MC

I was having the same issue yesterday when trying to register. I used a different email address to register with and everything went through fine.

Not sure why, but the primary email address I use that I was going to register with awhile back was not allowing me to do so. I left the username and password, and everything else, the same and only changed the email address and things went through fine.

Registered in Heavy Tactical......................................now to figure out what ammo I'm going to shoot out of my OBR! 168gr ammo it's currently sighted with, load up some 150's, 155's, or this big bucket of Sierra 175gr SMK blems I've been sitting on. Time to watch some match video!!

When I am even thinking about registering for a match, I book a cancellable hotel room, in case something comes that sucks up available rooms. So, MotoGP (like Formula 1 for motorcycles) scheduled their race for the same weekend as the STI Texas Multigun Championship. That will bring close to 100,000 out-of-towners to Austin, so please check your hotel reservations.

That and the MS150 from Houston to Austin is that weekend as well, so Sunday will be traffic hell.

What days do they ride and what is the route?

May need to change my travel schedule.

Bill

edit to add: If they follow the same route as 2013 MS150, all is OK. Overnight in La Grange and finish up coming into south Austin. Others may not be so lucky.

Edited by Flatland Shooter

That and the MS150 from Houston to Austin is that weekend as well, so Sunday will be traffic hell.

What days do they ride and what is the route?

May need to change my travel schedule.

Bill

They used to ride down 529 part of the way there, past the turn off for the Impactzone. Got stuck in the middle of them several times a few years ago before TMG moved to that weekend. I never ran into them going to the match as I drove there on Thursday, they ride on Saturday and Sunday I think. Sunday afternoon on your way back down 290 you'll notice tons of cars with bike racks headed back to Houston. A few of the small towns with stoplights get really backed up.