Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Texas Multigun Championship April 11-13, 2014

I've shot local 3 gun matches with my M1, but this will be my first big match with it. I'm really looking forward to this one!

You won't be the only one shooting in WWII class. Myself and one other agreed to shoot in this class in 2014 at the end of the 2013 match. Welcome, and may you not experience M1 thumb!

I've competed in WWII division for the last 2 years. I love shooting the old warhorses! But there were only 3 of us last year, and we got rolled into Vietnam Heavy. If I'd been able to predict that, I would have signed up in that division to start with, as I like shooting the M1-A, too.

So I can't decide what division to shoot in this year. One of the guys that shot the Garand last year told me that he signed up in Tac Optics for this year. WIsh I had a count of WWII and Vietnam Heavy shooters...

Good Luck and Good Shooting,

Tommy

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Match is really not that far off, I haven't really seen that many updates from the match staff on their web site or here. I see in the post above that the Vietnam Heavy is out, 1st I've heard of it.

Question for the veterans of this match. What is the longest shot required?

Reviewed all the YouTube videos I could find for past years and it looks like everything is within 150 yards, maybe less.

This will be my first Texas Multigun Championship and I am looking forward to it.

Thanks.

Bill

Reviewed all the YouTube videos I could find for past years and it looks like everything is within 150 yards, maybe less.

This will be my first Texas Multigun Championship and I am looking forward to it.

Thanks.

Bill

Plan for out to 500 yards.

Thanks.

Bill

Plan for out to 500 yards.

Very good.

Thanks.

Can someone from the match respond? I have emailed staff and messaged on here also. Having no luck getting a response from anyone about a refund. Seems like it would not be that hard but we are having no luck.

Can be reached at creek375@gmail.com, competitor is joining the military and we are trying to tie up lose ends before she leaves.

Can someone from the match respond? I have emailed staff and messaged on here also. Having no luck getting a response from anyone about a refund. Seems like it would not be that hard but we are having no luck.

Can be reached at creek375@gmail.com, competitor is joining the military and we are trying to tie up lose ends before she leaves.

I need this info too, seth.m.johnson@outlook.com

• 3 weeks later...

what time on Sunday will it be over??? trying to plan my flight

Last year was mid afternoon by the time we were heading out, I wouldn't plan on flying out until either later that evening or Monday. I probably won't be flying out until Monday.

• 2 weeks later...

Since this will be first TX Multigun Championship, I have a few questions that I'm sure veteran shooters will be able to answer.

1. I requested to be in a squad with a shooting buddy when I signed up. Are those requests usually honored? If not, who would I need to see to request a squad change?

2. I signed up for the WWII Division. If there aren't enough shooters in that division, will I likely be "absorbed" in another division? If so, what would be the most likely since there's not going to be a VN Heavy this year?

3. Do the stages that require the use of buckshot or slugs also usually require birdshot? I'm still trying to figure out the best way of carrying shotgun rounds.

4. What would be a "safe" number of magazines to carry for a 1911 if I would fire %100 one-round hits on targets?

5. Same question as #4, only number of clips for my Garand?

6. Are there any classifications (GM, M, A, etc.)in the different divisions, or are all shooters lumped together?

Thanks in advance for any replies,

Matt

Since this will be first TX Multigun Championship, I have a few questions that I'm sure veteran shooters will be able to answer.

Matt

Welcome.

1. Usually honored and you may be able to tweak at registration; unless your buddy has 20-30 buddies who also want to shoot with him. However, the squad list will not be posted until a few days before the match because experience has shown that people will fill the registrar's time tweaking requests and we do not want to waste her time.

2. Per Sheldon, "As long as I am match director, there will be a WW2 division".

3. Expect a slug or buckshot stage to have birdshot as well. Might not, but expect it. However, it is unlikely that a stage will require bird and buck and slugs. I buy shells that are different colors for different types to make it visually easy to select.

4. How good a shot are you? It only takes one hit on paper to neutralize the target in WW2 division, but steel still must fall to score. I would carry minimum 6 magazines and load another at "Make Ready". Maybe more, but when I shot WW2, I carried that many and did not run out of ammo on any stage.

5. Frank will probably chime in, but there are no good ways to carry lots of clips and be fast. I dropped a couple in shotgun trays and had a few in pouches. Some would clip them on a sling in the traditional fashion, but slings are not needed for this match and not recommended.

6. No classifications, just divisions.

Hope you enjoy the match.