fellas

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

Although I never shot a Range Officer, I did own a "loaded" Springer in .40. Even though it ran 100%, it wasn't accurate enough for ME, even after having a match bushing fitted. I then bought my first Trojan, in .40, and liked it so much, I bought a second one. :cheers:

Trojan = cast frame

Range officer = forged frame

I was going to mention the RO frame seemed nicer and the mag area was smooth on the RO vs rough on my Trojan. Either one needs a trip to a good 'smith to really experience the gun's full potential. In ths market buy what you can get.

P.S. The blueing on STI guns sucks. Get the hard chrome option if you can. I'm also not a fan of the STIple, plastic mainspring housings and sloppy plastic triggers.

Edited by blind bat

I have owned both and liked both. Both STI and Springfield support the sport. It would be a hard choice. The thing that would push me to the Trojan would be that I can get it in .40 and over the life of the gun that would save me a lot in bullet cost.

If it was going to double as an IDPA gun then the RO in .45.

Trojan is more comparable to Springfield trophy match..

The spartan is more comperable to the range officer, and is no where near as nice as the trp..

The two guns you are competing in totally different grade levels..

I have a Trojan in .40 the front strap checkering is a joke not sure why they chose the style they did.

The flat top slide is nice. The trigger from factory is total crap, the Trojan might start tight but the slide to frame fit wont stay tight for long...

Then again slide to frame fit doesn't matter as much as some people would like to believe.

Sti adjustable sight have been total crap for me (they brake allot).

I ended up installing a Dawson..

The under cut trigger guard is way over hyped..

If there was a spartan in .40 I would have purchased a spartan instead..

With all that said after replacing the Sti hammer, rear and front sights, adding tgo magwell, and adding a Wilson drill and tapped mag release with extended button, the Trojan has turned out to be a very rellaible and accurate gun out of the box..

The finish on mine is almost all gun from only about 6 months of usage, but that's about normal with blueing in my experience :)

Edited by carlosa

Can't speak about the Trojan as I don't have one. Shot a R/O with some tweaks (mag well, f/o front sight and mag button). Also changed out the springs. Runs great and is accurate. Great gun for the money.