Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Versa Max 3 Gun Edition

JRicks

Arghhh....frustrating when you get different info every time you ask the big companies. Seems like if you don't get the guy on the phone who is directly involved in a product, the others just randomly give you whatever answer pops in their head. If somebody was able to supply a part number, then at SOME level it is in the system. Wish people could just be honest and say " I don't know but let me grab Bob/Mike/Jim/ whoever. He is on that project." Maybe they are just TOO big.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arghhh....frustrating when you get different info every time you ask the big companies. Seems like if you don't get the guy on the phone who is directly involved in a product, the others just randomly give you whatever answer pops in their head. If somebody was able to supply a part number, then at SOME level it is in the system. Wish people could just be honest and say " I don't know but let me grab Bob/Mike/Jim/ whoever. He is on that project." Maybe they are just TOO big.

Tell me about it. I went through all the proper channels through their website for a simple (unrelated) question on 2/1/14. Haven't heard anything back as of yet.

I called their offices in Madison, NC and they told me they are in production and should be hitting stores the first week or so of February.

Considering we are past Valentine's and I can't find it anywhere, guess the nice lady was full of @$!.

Really torn on waiting for this or buying a 26" synthetic and versa tube. I was thinking the 26" might be a little better if I want to go shoot some sporting clays. Would really make the krieghoff and perazzi guys cringe. Any one got a eta on delivery times?

Really torn on waiting for this or buying a 26" synthetic and versa tube. I was thinking the 26" might be a little better if I want to go shoot some sporting clays. Would really make the krieghoff and perazzi guys cringe. Any one got a eta on delivery times?

I'm in the same boat. I think when these come out and we get some user options, I'll call Benny or someone and get their price for working over a 26" and see how it compares. Although I just watched a few videos of the new Competition model and I think I'm really digging that green receiver.

I also have a nice (well, for me) O/U on my shopping list, something like the Beretta Silver Pigeon Sporting and yeah, the 26" VersaMax might be able to serve dual purposes to get me by until I can save up for that (a little better than the shorter Competition model)

Edited by heckofagator

To add a ghost ring rear, you can use the Benelli LPA rear sight. You will have to drill and tap the receiver to attach the sight. The elevation screw will fit perfectly in the rear most hole in the VM receiver.

post-15603-0-66913500-1392608558_thumb.j

post-15603-0-40402800-1392608571_thumb.j

Edited by MickB

For those of you inquiring, the part number for the new lifter is: 409144

Should be F409144, but I'm betting that they will use all they have to build guns for a while before they are available to purchase separately.

http://posneroutfitters.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=18&product_id=548&sort=p.price&order=DESC&limit=75

They say they have one in stock I won't be buying it at that price but it is promising for the future.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Might as well buy a custom for a couple hundred more at that price

Some good, some not so good.

One thing seems to always be true, no matter what kind of box your new gun comes out of there is always something you need to do to it.

I do like my mag tube from CA. Very well engineered.

'Entropy' is an interesting name for an engineering company. I would think ya'll would know the definition of it.

There are many great ideas that fit into the realm of general, while others tend to be only specific to a few and this is where custom comes into play. Sad thing is that a lot of us see our heroes running something custom and we want one like it, though it might not be the best choice for us so we think everyone is shilling when our new toy doesn't fit. No one product is going to be the exact fit for all so be prepared to settle for the closest available or else sending it off! Factory made is never going to be a complete answer but done right they will get it close enough to be at a good starting point for the 'average' buyer and I will bet they are trying to keep it in reach of many who have never even heard of 3G.

Edited by Gakracker