Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Versa Max 3 Gun Edition

JRicks

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent seen it but from what im reading i dont believe a factory version will ever be as good as one from a custom shop.

It won't have all the custom touches that each shooter may require as it is a production gun.

But A factory one won't be as expensive either.

I just think its cool to see a company actually try to meet the needs of the competitive market.

I haven't seen it in person yet just pictures. I do think the Beretta 1301 is set up better for 3 gun from the factory at a far better price. I would rather add a 70.00 magazine tube to a 1100.00 gun than have to pay a gunsmith to open up the loading port. I do applaud Remington for building guns for our game though!

Edited by AZGunut

I got to shoot one yesterday at the Pro Am and I liked it over all. I didn't think that factory welded lifter compared to the c-rums weld job. I liked the rear dove tail sight that they have added for slug shots.

Interestingly enough, my good friend John Snow from OUTDOOR LIFE shot one of the the out-of-the-box VersaMaxes at CRIMSON TRACE...we shot on the same squad (with Match Director Chuck Anderson). John was very happy with it, but I liked my Carbon Arms VM a bit better. Easier to load with the opened up port.

Michael B

I bought a VM tactical, then added the CARBON ARMS mag tube which it's full length. I then sent the whole thing to Benny where he opened the loading port. polished the magazine enhanced and adjusted the shell catch of the mad. He also worked the safety for ease of use and lost nothing in safety use. Adjust the POI on the barrel so its dead on at 100 yds. And lightened the bolt and polished critical surfaces for smoothness. All of this and it way back in my have in 7 days flat.

I must say, I have a fully trick out Benelli M2 and this VM beats it hand down. To bad Remington did not bring mine, you also would be in love.

This is MHO

I have some photo's of the gun on my cell phone if anyone wants to see the gun. They are not the best though.

The gun shoots well and was easy to load. The rear site was nice too.

They are to be released for sale later this year around.

If some one knows how to post the photo's I will send to you and you can post them here for everyone to see.

Thanks,

Mike

marnold31@bellsouth.net

I have some photo's of the gun on my cell phone if anyone wants to see the gun. They are not the best though.

If some one knows how to post the photo's I will send to you and you can post them here for everyone to see.

Thanks,

Mike

marnold31@bellsouth.net

Yes please.

The gun is just a tactical model with carbon tube added. They did try to weld up lifter but it is to short and still bites on load 2. You can get by with it but it is like raceing indy with a stock car. If you are SERIOUS about 3-gun, it still needs a lot more.

I bought a VM tactical, then added the CARBON ARMS mag tube which it's full length. I then sent the whole thing to Benny where he opened the loading port. polished the magazine enhanced and adjusted the shell catch of the mad. He also worked the safety for ease of use and lost nothing in safety use. Adjust the POI on the barrel so its dead on at 100 yds. And lightened the bolt and polished critical surfaces for smoothness. All of this and it way back in my have in 7 days flat.

I must say, I have a fully trick out Benelli M2 and this VM beats it hand down. To bad Remington did not bring mine, you also would be in love.

This is MHO

Ken, that sweet VM is kicking some butt on the internet, but when are we going to get to fondle it at a 3 gun match around DFW?

Thanks,

Mike

marnold31@bellsouth.net

Here are the photos from Mike...

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/uhd4r7ri69y2a28/gNqUZixaAs

Edited by TheDarkOne

Any Updates?

Still working on it. We're still on track for me to be shooting one at the Pro-Am in August though.

How did the gun run for you?

Guys down at the demo said they ran 4k rounds between two guns with no lube or cleaning all weekend.

Any Updates?

Still working on it. We're still on track for me to be shooting one at the Pro-Am in August though.

How did the gun run for you?

Guys down at the demo said they ran 4k rounds between two guns with no lube or cleaning all weekend.

I wasn't able to get one for the match. Between sponsored shooters and demo guns, they didn't have one for me.