• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pictures I took at SHOT...

4qap.jpg

0oj4.jpg

thk8.jpg

Remington Rep said the gun comes with three different height rear sights to adjust for impact and a +2 end cap so the gun can be set up as 8+1 or 10+1.

A custom shop can set a gun up better but I think a lot of shooters are going to be happy with this gun out of the box.

Glad to see Remington has done this! Great for them, the VersaMax line, and for those of us who shoot VersaMax.

Does the Remington 3-Gun version come with a full length, one-piece mag tube (like Mark's Versa Tube?) or is it the typical 5-shot metal tube with a metal extension piece screwed onto the end of it?

Are the new lifters available as individual parts that one can purchase to modify a different version of the VersaMax?

Glad to see Remington has done this! Great for them, the VersaMax line, and for those of us who shoot VersaMax.

Does the Remington 3-Gun version come with a full length, one-piece mag tube (like Mark's Versa Tube?) or is it the typical 5-shot metal tube with a metal extension piece screwed onto the end of it?

Are the new lifters available as individual parts that one can purchase to modify a different version of the VersaMax?

It comes with a one piece mag tube.

The upgraded lifters will be available sometime this year according to a conversation that I had with a Rem rep on the phone last month.

R107H, if using the quad load loading method, the 2nd set of shells will get hung up where the forearm extends onto the receiver. That's why you'll see some forearms cut in a semi-circle and have a steep angle so the next set of shells won't get hung up and cause the first set to not completely go into the magazine tube.

Mark, how do you cut the forearm back? Would you use files or sandpaper on a Dremel? I've yet to find a how-to on this.

A miter saw works excellent for this. I used a miter saw, a Dremel, a file and sand paper. Then rub some oil on it and it almost looks factory.

Edited by Ryan N

Mark, how do you cut the forearm back? Would you use files or sandpaper on a Dremel? I've yet to find a how-to on this.

A miter saw works excellent for this. I used a miter saw, a Dremel, a file and sand paper. Then rub some oil on it and it almost looks factory.
When you say miter saw do you mean coping saw. I think a miter saw would be pretty rough? The attchment is a coping saw. Just trying to be extra clear so noone ruins there forend

Thanks Ryan, are you going to Cavern Cove Saturday for multi gun? My VM should be here by then, but would like to bring it and a paint pen to compare to yours.

Using a saw looks like it could go south in a hurry, does Remington sell forearms just in case?

iowashooter: I used a Dewalt 10" compound miter saw. It does leave a little bit of a burr on the edge, but cuts it very straight. I used a file to clean up the burr.

GreenDragon. I will be there Sat. And yes, Remington does sell forearms. I checked with them before I shortened my VM buttstock.

Edited by Ryan N

As you can see, I cut mine a little different than other folks. I cut with the miter saw and then beveled the whole cut with an angle grinder(belt sander would work just as well). I then smoothed it out with a file and 400 grit sand paper and rubbed in some oil.

I went conservative with my cutting. I can always cut more later.

post-24626-0-15887300-1390265512_thumb.j

post-24626-0-92301200-1390265521_thumb.j

Edited by Ryan N