Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Versa Max 3 Gun Edition

JRicks

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Really torn on waiting for this or buying a 26" synthetic and versa tube. I was thinking the 26" might be a little better if I want to go shoot some sporting clays. Would really make the krieghoff and perazzi guys cringe. Any one got a eta on delivery times?

I'm in the same boat. I think when these come out and we get some user options, I'll call Benny or someone and get their price for working over a 26" and see how it compares. Although I just watched a few videos of the new Competition model and I think I'm really digging that green receiver.

I also have a nice (well, for me) O/U on my shopping list, something like the Beretta Silver Pigeon Sporting and yeah, the 26" VersaMax might be able to serve dual purposes to get me by until I can save up for that (a little better than the shorter Competition model)

Calling Benny is a good choice. Benny did the build out on my VM, and frankly, I could not be happier. Shot this entire season without a single failure of any kind. Have shot light loads the entire time. Even if Benny is a little more, you get it now, and I trust a custom build far over any production piece. JMHO

:rolleyes:

I sent email to the Remington online "contact us" form, asking when this gun would be available, and this is the response I got:

Remington Support
Service Ticket Response

Thank you for contacting Remington. The competition model you are looking for, order #81029, is scheduled to be in production at the end of this month. I would expect them to be shipping to distributors starting in the next month or so.

Coincidence that this is the same company family as Para with the magical unobtanium mags for the Pro Custom series? I think not. Something is going on at Freedom Group as this is getting old fast. Every one just keeps saying another couple months....

Edited by Marv Z

Talked to the Madison HQ office again. Was told that they have not shipped any but were scheduled to build them every month until the end of the year. Told me that once they were produced you would see them in stores within 60 days. What they couldn't tell me was when they would actually make them. They were honest in saying they were out of production capacity which was in part the reason for the Alabama move. Problem being that won't come on line for a while. Basically if they have orders for a bunch of a gun they wee tooled up for, they would produce those. Makes perfect buisness sense but doesn't help my 3 gun needs. Bottom line, May at the earliest and that is a guess.

I've always been a Remington guy...and i'm really trying to hold out...but for every day that goes by without any love from Remington with getting this onto the store shelves, that Benelli starts to look better and better

"Talked to the Madison HQ office again. Was told that they have not shipped any but were scheduled to build them every month until the end of the year. Told me that once they were produced you would see them in stores within 60 days. What they couldn't tell me was when they would actually make them. They were honest in saying they were out of production capacity which was in part the reason for the Alabama move. Problem being that won't come on line for a while. Basically if they have orders for a bunch of a gun they wee tooled up for, they would produce those. Makes perfect buisness sense but doesn't help my 3 gun needs. Bottom line, May at the earliest and that is a guess."

I know it sucks to wait but I'd be skeptical on taking one from the first run/shipment. Remington had ALOT of problems with the first batches on the field and tactical versions, I sent mine back twice. Seems like their QC department only hires from the legally blind temp agency.

• 3 weeks later...

While I still have not shot one, my contact at Remington told me they left the warehouse and should be in the hands of distributors and retailers now. The lifter still a few months out.

I've always been a Remington guy...and i'm really trying to hold out...but for every day that goes by without any love from Remington with getting this onto the store shelves, that Benelli starts to look better and better

Consider a regular VM, enlarge the loading gate, send to lifter out to C-Rums and get a Carbon arms 10 round stainless mag tube and have a very nice shotgun for very reasonable $$$. The mag tube works and looks awesome, nothing like a little carbon fiber bling to set your gun apart.

Edited by xdnok

I found a VersaMax 3 gun competition model at Cabala’s in South Carolina and it is being shipped to my local store in Washington State. I should have it by Friday.

My Cabelas in Allen,Tx does not have the gun yet. I started to wait for this gun, but I am very happy with my 1301. I can't wait to see one in person.

just got off the phone with my FFL...and my Versa Max Competition is shipping out to his shop TODAY!!!! I'm guessing i'll have it in a day or two. I'm leaving for IL on business sunday and won't be back till wed next week so I'm guessing it'll be there waiting for me when I get back!!!

I cannot wait!!!!

just got off the phone with my FFL...and my Versa Max Competition is shipping out to his shop TODAY!!!! I'm guessing i'll have it in a day or two. I'm leaving for IL on business sunday and won't be back till wed next week so I'm guessing it'll be there waiting for me when I get back!!!

I cannot wait!!!!

The patience has paid off, or will shortly. :)