Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just hacked a notch in the back of the receiver for a FF3 red-dot, and will be running it in a club match across the valley tomorrow with no practice. I'm the one who needs luck! :)

Tom

Well Tom, good luck buddy!!! Sounds like a nice set up!

Jesse good luck tomorrow and Tom you as well and I am going to include myself cause I got a local match that I am going to represent Team Stoeger as well!!! :) Jesse thanks for the info Wally World Winchester only.!!! LOL just kidding. have fun guys

Does any body know what size the safety detent spring is, and maybe where I can get one?

I got a replacement spring for one I sent into orbit directly from stoeger. They shipped one to me free of charge even tho I launched it! They were very helpfull and I received the spring within 7 days.

Edited by Amr

Does any body know what size the safety detent spring is, and maybe where I can get one?

I got a replacement spring for one I sent into orbit directly from stoeger. They shipped one to me free of charge even tho I launched it! They were very helpfull and I received the spring within 7 days.

Thanks, I'll give them a call

Edited by usmc1094

I just received my m3000 from my ffl used thru be classifieds. Aside from the slight mods to the forend to fit a red neck tactical bolt release, the gun hasen't been fired.

This is my first semi-auto shotgun and pardon for my rudimentary questions. Is the bolt fully at battery when the bolt rotates upward? (counter clockwise) If it is so, when I pull the trigger, the hammer doesn't seem to hit the back of the firing pin. Granted I haven't sent shells downrange, I'm just wondering how the m3000 works. Thanks

What front sight is everyone using? The stock one is awful big.

shane

I went from the hi viz Tri Comp to the Hi Viz Flame. I like the metal shroud around the fiber to get the starburst to a minimum when shooting slugs.

Thank you

Heading to the Ironman match tomorrow morning. If anything will tell us whether or not we can abuse these shotguns, this will be the test. I will give the blow-by-blow when I get back on Thursday!

Tom

Good luck Tom! Hope you feel better!

YES. The M2000 is a POS. The barrel extension is much shorter (leading to receiver wear, POI shift, and rigidity issues), the ejector is mounted to the receiver instead of the extension (and not a good design) , and there are several other major differences. If you do some internet searches, you will find that they have a reputation for being a short-life gun if used hard at all. Many had ejection issues right from the get-go. The M3000 came into existence because it was easier to start a new model than to fix all the issues with the previous model. The changes required were too significant to redesign the M2000. There is a reason it is for sale cheap. Really not the same gun at all.

Tom, I have 3 gun match on Sat and I went ahead and took apart the Stoeger overall very clean. I am wondering wet bolt, slight wet or dry?? I went with slight wet as I usually run it that way.

Edited by Oskino

Thanks for the Heads up. on the M2k I should have bought the used m3000 at kittery trading post this past weekend but I wasn't feeling adding to an already expensive 3 gun weekend

Tom, I have 3 gun match on Sat and I went ahead and took apart the Stoeger overall very clean. I am wondering wet bolt, slight wet or dry?? I went with slight wet as I usually run it that way.

I run light oil on the carrier rails and on the bolt head where it slides on the cam pin. Seems to run ok wet or dry, but wear comes from friction. So I oil the areas that rub, just enough to feel slick but not enough to goop up and attract dirt. So I guess that is a long winded way of saying slight wet works well for me! :) At Ironman I ran nearly dry except the rails, as the gritty dust seemed to stick to anywhere that oil was exposed. The rails are basically completely enclosed so I didn't see any grit working its way in there.

I run light oil on the carrier rails and on the bolt head where it slides on the cam pin. Seems to run ok wet or dry, but wear comes from friction. So I oil the areas that rub, just enough to feel slick but not enough to goop up and attract dirt. So I guess that is a long winded way of saying slight wet works well for me! :) At Ironman I ran nearly dry except the rails, as the gritty dust seemed to stick to anywhere that oil was exposed. The rails are basically completely enclosed so I didn't see any grit working its way in there.

ok thanks, Tom I went ahead and installed the Kick Ezz pad on the Stoeger the one you recommended, here are some photos not as good a fit as yours but good enough for me. Honestly got tired of sanding, I also hacked off a inch off the stock. What are your thoughts of "kick" or "recoil" after you ran your Stoeger with it?

post-51323-0-84218500-1402623837_thumb.j

post-51323-0-36755900-1402623845_thumb.j

post-51323-0-81538500-1402623855_thumb.j

Hate to say it, but I haven't been able to shoot with one yet :) . I have been putting them all on customer guns. The trick to fitting recoil pads is a BIG disc sander (12 inch or bigger) and a good grinding fixture. All shaping is done to scribe lines off the stock with a fresh 120 grit disc, blended with a 180. Then wet sanded with WD40 and wet-or-dry strips to shine it up. Takes about 15 minutes to fit a pad with the right tools. Down side is that my sander was $800, and the fixture was $75 or so. Not a good return on investment for the occasional gunsmith! :roflol:

ok thanks, Tom I went ahead and installed the Kick Ezz pad on the Stoeger the one you recommended, here are some photos not as good a fit as yours but good enough for me. Honestly got tired of sanding, I also hacked off a inch off the stock. What are your thoughts of "kick" or "recoil" after you ran your Stoeger with it?

Looks really good. You just need to grind a bit more in a few areas to make it match the contour of the stock...or not. ;)

Thanks the the tips Tom.

I have a question for you folks,

I have the oppertunuity to buy an almost brand new M2000 for really short money. is there much difference between it and the m3000?

I'm told there is mucho difference. Don't cheap out on an already cheap shotgun. Get an M3k.