Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

Testing Zeroniner's new Shotgun with Kick-eez before shipping. NOTICEABLE recoil reduction versus factory pad. Notice shotgun position despite 2 airborne shells and another on the way out of the gun! Definite improvement :cheers:

post-48876-0-49436500-1403050443_thumb.p

Edited by openclassterror

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Testing Zeroniner's new Shotgun with Kick-eez before shipping. NOTICEABLE recoil reduction versus factory pad. Notice shotgun position despite 2 airborne shells and another on the way out of the gun! Definite improvement :cheers:

I think I just wet myself! YAY!!! I can't wait, I usually enjoy the mod process, however seeing how Tom has mastered the pimpage of the 3000, it was only fitting to have him do it up right. It will have every MOA upgrade/option available and still be under the cost of any comparable shotgun.

Jesse actually got me started down this path after I've read his reviews about it. So thank you very much Jesse!

I got two 3 gun matches this weekend so we will see how fast the learning curve is on this one. I'll be sure to report back to make everyone envious!

Thanks again Tom!

LOL, I was like we got a new guy to the thread, new pic for your avatar..Yah the Kick Ezz pad def helps, while shooting this past weekend I really didn't even notice the recoil even with the slugs. It may have been the adrenaline flowing threw my veins though, man I love this sport!!! Congrats zeroniner on your M3k your are gonna love it!!

Edited by Oskino

LOL, I was like we got a new guy to the thread, new pic for your avatar..Yah the Kick Ezz pad def helps, while shooting this past weekend I really didn't even notice the recoil even with the slugs. It may have been the adrenaline flowing threw my veins though, man I love this sport!!! Congrats zeroniner on your M3k your are gonna love it!!

It's just my luck that I happened to know Tom from being RO's together at a match last year. And after spending an entire day reading this thread completely, I was sold. I can't speak enough of the benefit and resource that this thread has provided, including everyone who's taken the time to contribute! WOOT!!!

Oskino, do you have any photos of the HiViz mounted on the gun? Is the sight a little wider than the rib? And does the location of the tapped hole work out well with the location on the sight?

Ryan it fits the rib perfectly, here are some photos man and I really do like it.
Thanks for the photos. That is excellent.

Just for conversation sake, I have a set of number punches..... Is it illegal to apply a duplicate set of "my" serial number right where they have started putting them. Just in case anything was to "happen" to my original numbers?

Hmmmmmm.....

Defacing the original serial number is the problem. You can stamp it fifty times all over the gun, no prob. But as soon as you cause the FACTORY APPLIED serial number to be unreadable, it is a felony per ATF. FWIW, with a decent radius going into the port INSIDE the receiver wall, the high side does not seem to be a limiting factor. Just SLIGHTLY increase the angle of the receiver relative to load hand and cut the opposite side as deep as you can. We go within .03 of the side flat, then blend.

After cutting down the stock down about and inch and a 1/2 I mounted the Kick Eez large pad. Did nothing to it but drilled a new hole for the screws. Shot a 3gun match on Sunday, worked like a charm. Shouldered quick and easy zero hang ups, very little felt recoil. So besides looks is there any reason to grind this thing down.?

Just picked up my 26" M3000...polished the mag tube and opened up the loading port.

Next things are the safety and trying to swap for a 24" barrel.

Also, getting ready to order the Nordic tube....says they recommend the Low Drag follower to be used with that tube.

What do you guys think?

Edited by derek1387

Quick question, for this M3000, is there rubber pad or something that prevents metal on metal contact for the bolt cycling? Something like a bolt bumper? Just noticed the clack sound when cycling the bolt. Thanks!

Going to test it today in a local match, super excited!

Derek1387; When I spoke with Nordic tech Ryan ( Great people lots of help ) He said that the Nordic fowler is no longer Teflon coated ( bummer), and would not recommend using it with a Stoeger because of the variances that are there hit, and miss. Try Tom of MOA he makes one that works well.

Quick question, for this M3000, is there rubber pad or something that prevents metal on metal contact for the bolt cycling? Something like a bolt bumper? Just noticed the clack sound when cycling the bolt. Thanks!

Going to test it today in a local match, super excited!

Not sure what clack sound you're talking about.

zeroniner, what ammo are you running? If you are running hot ammo, they you may be getting a little bit more bolt slap than you would with the 3dram and low recoil slugs that most of us are running. But honestly, I haven't noticed a "clack" with any ammo I have tried.

Due to the inertia operation, the bolt cycling is self-limiting. There is no provision for a buffer, but after more than 4,000 rounds there is no sign of excessive wear from the bolt bottoming out in the receiver on my test gun. The rebound spring inside the bolt is fully compressed whether you use 2-3/4 target loads or 3inch mags, so you can't "overspeed" the bolt from hotter loads and beat it to death. A buffer is not needed in this design. During operation you do not notice the clack from the bolt striking the rear of the receiver. The spring loaded firing pin head is the first thing to contact the receiver, so I guess in a sense it is acting as a spring buffer, though still giving metal-to-metal contact.

Tom

Jesse and Ryan, Tom answered my question. My curiosity wasn't from actually firing the shotgun but from cycling the bolt. There's a distinct metal on metal contact sound and I wondered if this would be a wear issue.

Went out to shoot today and damn, does this thing rock and roll. Ended up putting a Hiviz Flame front sight and I have two words for anyone who's thinking of upgrading, Blue Loctite.

Also just got in my Invictus Practical quad loaders and after only 1 night of getting used to it, I loaded faster than my other load in competition, huge improvement. As my buddy said, it's a game changer!

Thanks for all the help! And thanks Tom for building a rock star shotgun for me!!!

Defacing the original serial number is the problem. You can stamp it fifty times all over the gun, no prob. But as soon as you cause the FACTORY APPLIED serial number to be unreadable, it is a felony per ATF. FWIW, with a decent radius going into the port INSIDE the receiver wall, the high side does not seem to be a limiting factor. Just SLIGHTLY increase the angle of the receiver relative to load hand and cut the opposite side as deep as you can. We go within .03 of the side flat, then blend.

Maybe some of the Stoeger sponsored shooters could suggest a change in serial number location to the nice folks that make it :)

Jesse did. He posted a picture a few pages back of 4 new experimental 24" guns with PROPERLY located SN's. We as shooters need to be vocal in letting the manufacturers know what we need. Having Jesse interface with them is great. But, 35 phone calls a week to the corporate HQ asking for the same thing lets them know how big the market is. Capitalism is all about return on investment, they have to know that implementing a change in production will pay for itself. Let them know! Google Stoeger, the phone number and email are on the website!

Maybe some of the Stoeger sponsored shooters could suggest a change in serial number location to the nice folks that make it :)

They built us four guns with it moved. The request is definitely in. We were told it cost more to put it in the middle of the receiver simply because it takes more time. The receiver has to be blocked for reinforcement in the middle before it is stamped. It's probably not a lot of time but it ads up fast when your building 1000's of guns.

Like Tom said email email email. They will only know the demand is there if we tell them.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

I thought I'd share what I hope is a fluke hiccup on my M3000 from this weekend. I traveled to SC for the big Freedom Munitions championship. I flew so I had my guns all disassembled in my Patriot Case. I always unscrew the nut from my Nordic tube and screw it into the OEM tube to keep the handguard and guts together with the receiver and stock. When I went to unscrew the Nordic nut from my M3k it was on tight. So I screwed the entire Nordic tube in for more leverage. Only thing was when I started turning the nut the entire OEM tube came unscrewed. Since I cut into the OEM tube threads during my ten port opening jobs the threads I cut were really sharp so I could just screw it back together and keep checking it for tightness as I shot the match. I need to do done file work on the threads. I'm guessing my multiple heat applications during the load port opening weakened the loctite from the factory. Just thought everyone would like to know what is possible. If it can be broken I'm usually the guy to break it.