Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

He did mind. A welded lifter is not necessary for everyone but it can be tuned to make loading even smoother.

What exactly does C-Rums do and how does it help?

Jeff welds up curved void at the end of the lifter. It helps stop getting your thumb stuck and aids in feeding the shells smoother into the mag tube in some instances. The lifter on the Stoeger only has a small void in the end. So most folks don't have issues with the thumb getting stuck. I had mine welded to make since ramp into the tube for tossing quad loads in it.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom,

Can a safety be built that has the large head on both sides, so making sure that you have positive/large head to turn ON and OFF the safety. I am sometimes more concerned with being able to get the safety on when dumping it, then turned off, so as not to be DQ'ed. Maybe drill and tap the end that is the standard safety size and create a button the same shape as the other side that can be screwed on to it.

That would be Awesome! and I know several people that would be interested in it.

What do you guys think??

Tom,

Can a safety be built that has the large head on both sides, so making sure that you have positive/large head to turn ON and OFF the safety. I am sometimes more concerned with being able to get the safety on when dumping it, then turned off, so as not to be DQ'ed. Maybe drill and tap the end that is the standard safety size and create a button the same shape as the other side that can be screwed on to it.

That would be Awesome! and I know several people that would be interested in it.

What do you guys think??

I would be interested.

Started having issues with my Stoeger at a match this weekend. The gun doubled multiple times for both myself and my dad. I've run the gun multiple times and it was his first time shooting a match, so that should rule out any technique problems. Luckily, we were able to borrow a gun and finish the match but it was disheartening seeing the factory trigger have issues with only about 1,000-1,500 rounds through it.

Here's pictures of my trigger, I don't see anything glaringly wrong but I'll be sending it off to MOA to be gone through and have them work it over.

158625-0-0-0.jpg

158626-0-0-0.jpg

Put the original factory parts back in, try it. IF you've done NO mods; send it back to Stoeger first. start with factory functioning gun first ( It has a warranty)

Yeah, it's a factory trigger. I wanted to do the 922r compliance anyway and the factory can't do that for me, so MOA is my best option. Otherwise I would do exactly what you're suggesting.

Tom,

What do you guys think??

I would be interested in a double-headed safety as well.

We are looking into the double headed safety idea. My biggest concern is alignment between the heads. Unless they are timed to each other, any misalignment could cause the safety to bind when moving back and forth. I don't trust Loctite to hold the alignment, and the potential exists for installing without the heads lined up. More to come on this.

Tom

We are looking into the double headed safety idea. My biggest concern is alignment between the heads. Unless they are timed to each other, any misalignment could cause the safety to bind when moving back and forth. I don't trust Loctite to hold the alignment, and the potential exists for installing without the heads lined up. More to come on this.

Tom

Tom, I know you will make this happen and I thank you for it!!

I have no doubt of our ability to make such a safety, but it needs to be an elegant (read simple/inexpensive) solution. Nobody wants to spend $75 on a safety button for a $500 shotgun. :)

I respectfully disagree. I would bet everyone would invest in that if they were concerned about a DQ or a 30 second penalty at a match. And by that example of accessory parts vs price of gun, I see tons of TTI base pads on mags for Glocks, etc. The cost is a small price to pay for such an important function.

My vote is for you to make one :-)

True dat. I stand corrected. I suppose I would have better said that it is worth investing some design time in making it as inexpensive as a good part can be. I am not willing to produce an inferior design to a price point, and I guess I was assuming that it would exceed most customer's "budget gun" cost tolerance. You are right, people buy a lot of upgrade parts that are a significant percentage of the purchase price of the gun itself. I just don't want to overprice something if we can engineer a cost-effective alternative with a little forethought.

True dat. I stand corrected. I suppose I would have better said that it is worth investing some design time in making it as inexpensive as a good part can be. I am not willing to produce an inferior design to a price point, and I guess I was assuming that it would exceed most customer's "budget gun" cost tolerance. You are right, people buy a lot of upgrade parts that are a significant percentage of the purchase price of the gun itself. I just don't want to overprice something if we can engineer a cost-effective alternative with a little forethought.

I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in saying that we know you only produce quality parts and components. I ran the MOA deluxe package last week without ANY issues. All buttons, latches and handles worked splendidly and no one knew the difference.

And I'd like to throw out an RO friendly upgrade. A bright red follower, so much easier to show clear.

Great seeing you, still super happy about the MOA!!!

Any issue with just making the safety heads round - thus avoiding any binding/clocking issues?

If the head was to be round, it could be a MAXIMUM of 1/16 inch bigger in diameter than the factory button before it hits the underside of the trigger group. Not really enough bigger to warrant replacement.

Tom what issues do you think could arise if you could drill and tap original design then just fab a mirrored head for the the other side, then screw in just like a oversized bolt release. Because the way I see it, the safety would not be able to spin due to the top portion hitting the receiver. Then locktite the screw and I would think it would be G2G and it was just a thought. I know the whole "fab" thing is easier said then done.

oc

and oh yah not that I'm being picky but if you do try that I do want the cross hairs on the set screw to match the other side. LOL

Edited by Oskino