Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

ok, thanks guys for your feedback, so no more winchester than. Also glad to know that my Stoeger shoots slugs straight, we zeroed at 50 and I was hitting a 8 paper plate so I am happy with that.

Cheap ammo is ok for practice. Clearing the occasional malf is a good thing as well. I see a lot of guys run cheap shotgun ammo in matches. I won't out anything crappy in my guns even at club matches. I want to know my score not my score plus malfunction times.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, thanks guys for your feedback, so no more winchester than. Also glad to know that my Stoeger shoots slugs straight, we zeroed at 50 and I was hitting a 8 paper plate so I am happy with that.

Cheap ammo is ok for practice. Clearing the occasional malf is a good thing as well. I see a lot of guys run cheap shotgun ammo in matches. I won't out anything crappy in my guns even at club matches. I want to know my score not my score plus malfunction times.

Well said man. Jesse thanks for all your help and Tom you as well. Jesse, I let my buddy shoot slugs through the Stoeger and he was asking about the white triangle, he was dig'n it. Thanks man, I hope to catch up with you guys at a match some day.

Well I finally got mine out last week.

Had a blast practing both pistol and the first use of my M3000.

Out of 100 rounds I had 3 failure to ejects. I'm pretty sure all 3 rounds were Federal Multi-purpose 3 dram 1 1/8 8shots.

That was 3 out of a possible 50. I think the 7 1/5 shots were 100%.

I will shoot it more and report.

What rounds are you guys using for competition? I know to stay away from WInchester and those cheapie Remmingtons.

I normally have good luck with the federal but maybe it is just the 8 shot.

Out of 100 rounds I had 3 failure to ejects. I'm pretty sure all 3 rounds were Federal Multi-purpose 3 dram 1 1/8 8shots.

What rounds are you guys using for competition? I know to stay away from WInchester and those cheapie Remmingtons.

Shot size doesn't matter. It's velocity aka FPS and ounces of shot. Faster loads have less oz of shot and vice Versa.

If you are shooting a major match you should be running Winchester AA or or Remington STS/nitro ammo.

Shot size doesn't matter. It's velocity aka FPS and ounces of shot. Faster loads have less oz of shot and vice Versa.

If you are shooting a major match you should be running Winchester AA or or Remington STS/nitro ammo.

Agreed, I dont even run anything else in practice. I have used AA in matches out of necessity in my 1100 and now I am going to do the same with the m3k. It's worth the peace of mind.

I use nothing but Walmart Federal #7-1/2 in competition unless special ammo is called for. I have had ZERO malfunctions from the Federal stuff. Out of probably 5,000 rounds. Not saying they will run for everyone, but I have had 100% reliability.

I've also ran the bulk Federal in multiple matches without issue but in the upcoming Nordic shotgun match I will be using AA. It's cheap insurance to ensure that any issues I encounter are mine alone.

After taking the time reading this entire thread, and I do mean the entire thread. I've come to the conclusion that I need an M3000. I have been using a Franchi for 3 gun, with only 9 in the tube. Wasn't entirely happy and now that I've watched the Stoeger M3000 evolve with Patrick, Jesse and Tom consistently trading feedback in this thread, an easy decision was made.

It took just one call to Tom and I now have my Stoeger being worked on and it will be ready in time for this summer's major matches. It'll be a 26" with every available option from MOA Precision. A complete ready-to-compete shotgun!

It really is a small world, I've had the pleasure to RO with Tom at last years NW Multigun, I've shot a couple of matches with Patrick Kelley and have followed Jesse as he makes his mark in 3 Gun. All are incredibly nice guys!

It is not only beneficial but humbling to have the involvement and interaction from some of best in the industry.

Thank you all for taking the time to contribute to the sport! It's appreciated more than you know.

Rob

Team NTD

Somebody say Optics Planet? They just gave me a 5% discount code. TISC556.

LOL Jesse I got you beat, I got a 10% coupon OSCAR5397120

Edited by Oskino

After taking the time reading this entire thread, and I do mean the entire thread. I've come to the conclusion that I need an M3000. I have been using a Franchi for 3 gun, with only 9 in the tube. Wasn't entirely happy and now that I've watched the Stoeger M3000 evolve with Patrick, Jesse and Tom consistently trading feedback in this thread, an easy decision was made.

It took just one call to Tom and I now have my Stoeger being worked on and it will be ready in time for this summer's major matches. It'll be a 26" with every available option from MOA Precision. A complete ready-to-compete shotgun!

It really is a small world, I've had the pleasure to RO with Tom at last years NW Multigun, I've shot a couple of matches with Patrick Kelley and have followed Jesse as he makes his mark in 3 Gun. All are incredibly nice guys!

It is not only beneficial but humbling to have the involvement and interaction from some of best in the industry.

Thank you all for taking the time to contribute to the sport! It's appreciated more than you know.

Rob

Team NTD

The Franchi Affinity looks to be very similar to the M3k. It's on my "buy" list.

Rob

Team NTD

The Franchi Affinity looks to be very similar to the M3k. It's on my "buy" list.

Jesse, Claudio over at Briley suggested I get the Franchi Affinity based on the manual of arms and association with Benelli, but I've yet to see another competitor with a Franchi. So adding the Stoeger to the mix was an easy choice to "keep it in the family". Not to mention also sharing the inertia design. I like consistency. Wish I just shot more consistently!

I have looked at the stoeger and Franchi at my local Scheels. I honestly like the shape of of the stock of the Franchi it is a little thinner and felt a little smoother when I shouldered it. But if I ever get my chance to buy it will be the stoeger base on reliability. Unless someone starts a Franchi thread about how good it is ill jump on that bandwagon [emoji3]

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

I have looked at the stoeger and Franchi at my local Scheels. I honestly like the shape of of the stock of the Franchi it is a little thinner and felt a little smoother when I shouldered it. But if I ever get my chance to buy it will be the stoeger base on reliability. Unless someone starts a Franchi thread about how good it is ill jump on that bandwagon [emoji3]

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

For what it's worth. My gunsmith couldn't mount a "match saver" on the right side due to the design and thinness of the forearm. Not saying it's a bad design, just didn't work out for me on that mod.

I've left my M3K stock for long enough. I placed an order with MOA and can't wait to get it 3 gun ready. Thanks for everyones contributions to this thread. I will probably end up starting at the thread beginning again and reading everything again before all the parts get here.

I've left my M3K stock for long enough. I placed an order with MOA and can't wait to get it 3 gun ready. Thanks for everyones contributions to this thread. I will probably end up starting at the thread beginning again and reading everything again before all the parts get here.

MOA is top notch. I have nothing but praise for the MOA parts on my M3000.