Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 13 year old announced that he was spoiled for anything else now that he has about 500 rounds through his P3K. Runs the 2.75 dram loads like candy and the slug shooting with it is impressive.

Just bought a 24" M3000 online and getting ready to have it sent to MOA. Excited for my first 3gun shotgun! Tom has been great with communication and Patrick's posts have been critical in my decision making! Will post pics when I get it!

Edited by EDA

Anyone have a video on how to replace the extractor and spring?

I'm a visual learner and the exploded view in the manual does nothing for me.

My thoughts are if I'm going to check the extractor for issues, I might as well just polish it and install the benelli parts I have.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Here you go:

wow, I had to pound the crap out of mine... I really think the holes were staked.

Now that you mention it, I may have had to hammer it the first time. I've pulled the extractor a few times since then and completely forgot. I should probably update the video so people don't think there's a problem with theirs.

One tip for hammering pins out that has helped me immensely is to use a hockey puck (they're $6 for a 3 pack on Amazon). Drill a hole in it and then place the bolt/slide/frame whatever on top with the pin over the hole you drilled. Then you can hammer the pin out without damaging the gun.

wow, I had to pound the crap out of mine... I really think the holes were staked.

Now that you mention it, I may have had to hammer it the first time. I've pulled the extractor a few times since then and completely forgot. I should probably update the video so people don't think there's a problem with theirs.

One tip for hammering pins out that has helped me immensely is to use a hockey puck (they're $6 for a 3 pack on Amazon). Drill a hole in it and then place the bolt/slide/frame whatever on top with the pin over the hole you drilled. Then you can hammer the pin out without damaging the gun.

Great tip. Thank you

Great tip. Thank you

Anytime. I added a note to the video to clarify; hopefully that will keep the number of frustrated M3000 owners to a minimum.

Very important note on the extractor pin issue- If you started working on it before watching the video, and attempted to drive it out in the wrong direction by using a punch on the exposed end, there is a very good chance that it is tight because the pin itself is mushroomed. The pivot pin is not very hard steel, and if you drive it against the shelf inside the bolt the end of the pin flares out and it becomes much harder to remove. After it comes out, it should be a lot easier to move in the future because it gets re-sized as it comes out of the bolt.

Cross-pin that retains the bolt head is always staked. Interesting. Might be that there are variations depending on which assembly guy puts the gun together. For sure, we have seen some magazine tubes that have been literally drenched in green Loctite before screwing into the receiver, and others that came apart easily by hand, without even applying heat. Any production line type environment will have some human-caused variations :)

Anyone have a video on how to replace the extractor and spring?

I'm a visual learner and the exploded view in the manual does nothing for me.

My thoughts are if I'm going to check the extractor for issues, I might as well just polish it and install the benelli parts I have.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWTL02uZFio
Thank you sir! Much appreciated.

Just swapped out the extractor. Nothing to it after watching the vid. That vid was Very helpful Huch. Thanks. I decided to keep the factory spring since it seemed to currently have the same tension as the Benelli sping.

I have just over 1400 rounds without any extraction issues. But I have one more match before 3G ProAm and I thought it would be a good time to swap it out.

Edited by Ryan N

What are you guys doing for a case? This is my first semi auto and I'm not sure if the charge handle will poke a hole in my cheap old case.

I (and lots of people I know) use soft 3gun type cases, like the Safariland ones. They can hold 2 long guns and a pile of other crap.

What are you guys doing for a case? This is my first semi auto and I'm not sure if the charge handle will poke a hole in my cheap old case.

I (and lots of people I know) use soft 3gun type cases, like the Safariland ones. They can hold 2 long guns and a pile of other crap.

I have the brownells 3-gun bag and it is put together really well. The main guns compartments are versatile and roomy. The three side pockets can hold lots of gear and it comes with a neoprene pistol sleeve that fits into one of the three front pockets.

http://www.brownells.com/shooting-accessories/gun-storage/gun-cases/3-gun-competition-case-prod27126.aspx

I haven't tried to carry it like a backpack yet but it has the straps to do so.