Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

Gonna make some of you jealous tomorrow, will be posting pics :)

Well its tomorrow today so where is the pictures?

LOL, thanks for calling me out :) Its been raining here and wanted to get better pics. Long story short I was running some drills with some buddies of mine and one of them was holding my Stoeger and it fell and landed on some rocks. Needless to say it got gouged up and I was like Fu$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Well it motivated me here are some pics I cerakoted it .
Do you have any pictures of the inside of your hand guard were you attached your match saver?
I can get some for you, it was kind of a pain but I love having it mounted, the problem you will face is that there hardly any clearance for the "nut" portion . I had to heat the nut part and melt it in the handguard so it wouldn't disturb the action.

What size screw do you use? Could a Chicago Screw be used?

https://mc2office.com/ProdImages/Categories/ChicagoScrews.jpg

yah that could work I think, I will post a pic of what I used, taking Stoeger apart right now will have pics shortly. Your lucky I like you guys :)

Edited by Oskino

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, thanks for calling me out :) Its been raining here and wanted to get better pics. Long story short I was running some drills with some buddies of mine and one of them was holding my Stoeger and it fell and landed on some rocks. Needless to say it got gouged up and I was like Fu$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Well it motivated me here are some pics I cerakoted it .
Do you have any pictures of the inside of your hand guard were you attached your match saver?
I can get some for you, it was kind of a pain but I love having it mounted, the problem you will face is that there hardly any clearance for the "nut" portion . I had to heat the nut part and melt it in the handguard so it wouldn't disturb the action.
Thanks! Any help would be great. It does sound like a pain.

post-51323-0-03661200-1420427746_thumb.j

post-51323-0-24379200-1420427752_thumb.j

Thanks that will help. I'm going to try the install tomorrow.

NP, this may help as well, notice the screw I sanded it flat so it would not disturb shell then painted it black. You may not have to do that but i did.

post-51323-0-48834700-1420428523_thumb.j

Just curious, how does this look?

20141205_165330.jpg

I'm just wondering if too much metal was removed, and what could be done to touch up the metal to match the finish?

Thanks!

i'm probably the wrong person to ask if too much metal was removed, you could get more agressive but run it like you have it, it looks good. As far as matching finish you would have to cerakote or re anodize. Just polish it up real good , I usually finish off with 320 and 500 then using a polish wheel to put the bling on.

Verry nice I am jealous

Bought a Stoeger last summer as a possible replacement for my SX2 but haven't had a chance to shoot it until today. I can confirm that they will run in cold weather.

Edited by AKJD

I got a 24" m3k from my LGS yesterday! I am planning on running a few boxes through it today. I want to make sure it functions the way it should before I make any changes. I have some goodies for it on the way from MOA, so I should be in good shape with it's configuration by the weekend (except mag port). I'll likely start opening the mag port over the next couple of weeks.

I think I'm really going to like this shotgun

Jesse, I actually mean what size choke. I dont want to put too tight a choke in and shoot a slug through and blow my gun up.

Slugs will squeeze through a full choke just fine although they may not be as accurate. Usually One choke shoots slugs best but be prepared to shoot them through at least a Modified in case theyr is a slug mixed in with some tough steel.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

I have used as tight as improved-mod with slugs. Accuracy was not great, and recoil was notably more with the added resistance squeezing through the choke. Don't know if I would try that much restriction with a full power 1600fps though......... Mine groups best with a diffusion choke (which actually has very shallow rifling in it to spin the wad with birdshot, that is why it spreads so fast), closely followed by IC. Avg 2" at 50yd with fastfire red-dot. Light Mod and Mod are still good, but more like 3-4" at 50.

Heading down to SHOT in the am tomorrow. Gonna have some cool Stoeger stuff there to look at, booth number 4066. Hope to see y'all there! Teasers-

XRAIL adapter, for 22+1 capacity!

Open gun, Limited gun, and Left Hand conversion.

Fine tuned extended "Benelli Button", for extremely fast charging

Stop by and say hi if you get a chance! :)

Tom

Heading down to SHOT in the am tomorrow. Gonna have some cool Stoeger stuff there to look at, booth number 4066. Hope to see y'all there! Teasers-

XRAIL adapter, for 22+1 capacity!

Open gun, Limited gun, and Left Hand conversion.

Fine tuned extended "Benelli Button", for extremely fast charging

Stop by and say hi if you get a chance! :)

Tom

See you there. I'll be sure to stop by.

Heading down to SHOT in the am tomorrow. Gonna have some cool Stoeger stuff there to look at, booth number 4066. Hope to see y'all there! Teasers-XRAIL adapter, for 22+1 capacity!Open gun, Limited gun, and Left Hand conversion.Fine tuned extended "Benelli Button", for extremely fast chargingStop by and say hi if you get a chance! :)Tom

I thought I read about a lightened Bolt on the MOA FB. Is that going to be available right after shot? Any info that you want to share for us not able to make it to shot?