Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite Movie for Best Fighting, and Shooting Scenes

benos

For realistic gun handling in large scale gunfights, I would say "Act of Valor". Best scene is where they are being chased by the cartel guys. When they dump the truck into the river just as the SWCC boats come around the bend and light up their pursuers. Nothing says "ass kicker" like the sound of a couple GAU-17 miniguns.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For fighting, Ong-Bak: Thai Warrior (which I think BE recommended about 8 years ago)

THANKS. I couldn't remember that movie's name. It might be my fight scene favorite. He is the real deal - and does all his own fight scenes.

For shooting I would have to say Equilibrium, Act of Valor, and Unforgiven

Close Combat I would have to say Unleashed (aka. Danny the Dog), Serenity (the Summer Glau bar fight scene), and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

Platoon 327. The movie is about a French-Laotian platoon trying to work their way back to any friendly forces while Dien-Bien Phu is under siege. The only place I have found it in its entirety is on youtube. The original was in French but this one is in overdubbed Spanish with English sub-titles. Also Battle of the Casbah. Because of the cinematography it seems like a documentary or news reel instead of a movie. The military terrorist leader of the time plays himself. If I put the name of this main character in this post it would still attract too much search engine attention from the Middle East. He had ratted out his terrorist buddies to save his own hide but the movie makes him out to be the hero. These movies are old and slow by today's action movie standards but seem more realistic.

Edited by atomicbrh

• 2 weeks later...

BEST. Ong Bak, the first one.

I love all the fighting scene, club fight, alley escape/fight, cave fight, freaking awesome!! I use to be in a TaeKwonDo Demo team and his moves are just amazing!!

• 2 weeks later...

The Un-forgiven for the personal up-close play of Luck.

The best anti-violence film ever. The movie never made the violence look fun, or neat and clean.

"We all got it comeing Kid"

Clint Eastwoods best movie

Edited by AlamoShooter