Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite Movie for Best Fighting, and Shooting Scenes

benos

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There wasn't a lot in it, but the shooting in Open Range was solid and I thought very realistic for that era. Robert Duvall's shotgun blast through the house construction was the probably the single best gunshot kill I've seen in just about any movie. Just wanted to throw one out there no one had mentioned.

Speaking of Duvall, there's a terrific fight scene, involving shooting and hand to hand at the end of the 2006 TV movie Broken Trail. I'd put that up there with any other Western, and with some of the good movies in this thread....

Shane:

Last shoot out with Allan Ladd and Jack Palance

Vera Cruz:

Last shoot out with Gary Cooper and Burt Lancaster

Tombstone:

Last shoot out with Val Kilmer and Michael Biehn ( I,LL BE YOUR HUCKLEBERRY)

Edited by sweetback

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you like over the top, ridiculously unbelievable fighting, Shoot 'Em Up. It is basically 2 hours of gunplay with little to no plot. The part where he stabs the guy through the eye with a carrot and says "eat your vegetables" made me laugh, as did the running gunfight while he was finishing up his business with the chick. Gun info is totally uneducated, so you will spend a good portion of the movie yelling THAT'S BS!!!! at the tv. :lol:

All time favorite fight scene is Statham in the first Transporter movie. Fighting on the oil slick inside the building with improvised skates. Now THAT was original!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I loved the bordello shootout in "Water Hole Number Three". All those shots and the only things hit were the fittings. Probably one of the more realistic gun battles

Modoc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Going back into the past a bit (1939), there's an Errol Flynn western genre movie simply entitled, "Dodge City" that contains an incredible fight scene about 45 minutes into the film. There's this saloon/dance hall fight scene that lasts a full three minutes or so wherein the crowd (half southerners, half northerners) get into a Civil War sort of skirmish that turns into a COMPLETE destruction of the interior of this two-story dance hall--I mean a COMPLETE, methodical destruction of the interior of this place. And with some of the dramatic falls from great heights and mashing of bodies with furniture (or other miscellaneous harmful items), I don't see how anyone couldn't have been injured in this melee. :surprise:

I assume they filmed this scene in one take. Would've been expensive to do more than one.

• 9 months later...

Fighting:

Circle of Iron (written by Bruce Lee)

Bourne Series

Bloodsport

Rob Roy (swordfight)

Man on Fire (general bad-assery)

Rocky l & ll

Shooting:

True Grit

For a few dollars more (Lee Van Cleef)

Tombstone

Collateral

Quigley Down Under

Magnum Force for shooting - iconic. Python, Model 29 and Hogan's Alley - really what started Practical Pistol.

Scaramouche - Longest and best fencing scene in Movie history - and that includes Princess Bride.

I have to disagree. Saw both movies Scaramoche/Princess Bride. Princess Bride better fight scene of the two.BUT not by much.Both were excellent.