Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite Movie for Best Fighting, and Shooting Scenes

benos

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Shooting-I am a huge fan of short shoutouts where almost everybody dies/or is wounded-Appaloosa and Face off(shoutout in the church, as far as I am concerned the movie ends there as I always turn it off at that point and NEVER watch it any longer).

-Also like Sinners and Saints(parking lot scene), Miami Vice, and Act of Valor.

For fighting-Troy, 300, and Warrior

• 4 weeks later...

I'm into shooting scenes that are realistic, so I'll skip the fight scenes and stuff like "matrix" or predator. They are entertaining and cool but not my fave's.

For Shooting-I am a huge fan of short shoutouts where almost everybody dies/or is wounded-Appaloosa and Face off(shoutout in the church, as far as I am concerned the movie ends there as I always turn it off at that point and NEVER watch it any longer).

-Also like Sinners and Saints(parking lot scene), Miami Vice, and Act of Valor.

For fighting-Troy, 300, and Warrior

I have similar tastes and I haven't seen it mentioned here. THE DEPARTED!!!

This movie speaks to me on how crime/undercover work/crime lord/etc interactions COULD go, so very realistic to me.

Don't get attached to anyone, while not done in a "short shootout" .... not many make it out of this movie alive!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Another that's gone unmentioned, but was more realistic than I'd had seen at the time: Die Hard ... not by today's standards tho.

Props go to blackhawk down, The Kingdom, The professional, Band of brothers, Collateral, way of the gun.

I thought saving private ryan was overdone, then I up on DDay (including Ambrose's good work) and found out that all the stuff I thought was movie "crap" actually happened. Still have a hard time watching the soldier get slowly stabbed :(

My Fave?

Not surprisingly, Heat ... loved the mentioned parts, but I really like the ambush they set in that large parking lot too.

I'm sure I've forgotten some.

• 3 weeks later...

For some reason one of my favorite fight scenes was in the original Raiders Of The Lost Ark, underneath the plane with the props turning,

and I really liked how every time they hit each other, there was this fantastic sound effect from the impact of the punches. Hilarious.

A lot of great shooting movies and scenes mentioned here.

Unfortunately I want to say the most un-realistic or worst shooting scenes I had ever watched, were all in the movie, ( Wanted ).

I know it's just a fictional movie, but ,

Disclosure time, Please people this is extremely hazardous to attempt, It is not possible to curve a bullet, do not try this at home.

Just a public service announcement for today.

Now, hypothetically, If we WERE able to curve a bullet,

In a match, what would they use for hard cover to put in front of us ?

I think it's time for me to start practicing the art of curving a bullet now.

So that I will never ever have to leave the start position again.

Best Regards

There wasn't a lot in it, but the shooting in Open Range was solid and I thought very realistic for that era. Robert Duvall's shotgun blast through the house construction was the probably the single best gunshot kill I've seen in just about any movie. Just wanted to throw one out there no one had mentioned.