Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Post pics of your Tactcal Sport

gmg

Here I thought I was the only one who sexed up the magwell to frame transition. I even rounded all the exterior edges of the original plastic one so it didn't look so cheap. I'd post pictures but I haven't figured out how to take small enough file sized pics.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You sold your TS?

My god, what did you take instead of this wonderfull gun?

I had a 9mm in factory orientation with all the bolt on's, I was using for 3 gun and lim minor. It was just so nose heavy that it felt like it was slowing me down and the grip was still a little large for my medium sized hands. I was afraid to start cutting and filing and drilling and reducing. Sort of wishing I had. I ended up with a tri-topped STI Eagle 9mm bushing gun to fill the void, and honestly I am very happy with it. Especially because I shoot an SVI for limited.

Problem is, that in a lot of cases I like the part of tinkering on guns as much as shooting them! I think if I had shortened the dust cover, lightened the slide, and reduced the grip, it would have fit the bill perfectly!

Thanks Avedis! Got my TS from a guy on here not too long ago, just got the grips from eerw (Stuart I think) and cut them to fit the magwell. Right after I did that a noticed how cheap and ugly the factory magwell suddenly looked so I put a radius on the exterior edges. That of course led me to examine the poor interior magwell to frame transition so that got some loving too. Someday when I get it cerakoted I'll post more pics, gotta keep my super cool color scheme a secret for now though, I'd be pissed if someone else did it first!

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a TS ready for Coating. Took a lot of time on the grip reduction. It's had a trigger job done by Matt Mink that is crazy nice, the TS already has a good trigger out of the box but this is even better.

Also had flat trigger, comp hammer, stainless guide rod installed. I'm funding an open gun project and may have to sell it, which I have mixed feelings about because of all the time I spent on the redux.

a1bdbf9663cb77c62bba608ee725313d.jpg

8cf3d47e9a866173c2a634aa6cd0a1d7.jpg

f6f828f69868946dc56bf429cc0fa365.jpg

Edited by KOBGT

I'm thinking I need one of these fine pistols and I can't ever leave anything alone. Is the frame stainless and can just be bead blasted after some work or is it carbon steel? I'm assuming it's the latter since everyone gets some sort of finish after work is done. Thanks

It's not stainless and whatever the factory finish is it sucks, I can tell after only 1500 rounds where my wedding ring sits on the frame when I shoot. I got it used, the guy before me clearly wore a ring on his right hand ring finger. Good thing I was already planning on a cerakote job.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would really love to do a grip reduction with mine, but am afraid of taking away to much.

:mellow:

So how do you guys know, when it is "enough"?

Just prior to seeing daylight.

Seriously if you just take the cast Checkering down you still won't be anywhere near danger.

Edited by alma

I would really love to do a grip reduction with mine, but am afraid of taking away to much.

Seriously if you just take the cast Checkering down you still won't be anywhere near danger.

Well, yeah.

I think it would be a good idea to take that worthless checkering away and do some skateboard tape at the front and back.

Just because I´m not such an artist to do such a nice checkering like some here did.

:ph34r:

Well, yeah.

I think it would be a good idea to take that worthless checkering away and do some skateboard tape at the front and back.

Just because I´m not such an artist to do such a nice checkering like some here did.

:ph34r:

Go for it Jay...you are Badisch...you can do anything. :bow: