Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Post pics of your Tactcal Sport

gmg

Both set up exactly the same.

nice...what rackers are those?

Those are SVI rackers installed by Mr. Postman! He did a great job and the turnaround was fast!

Can't wait to shoot them (tomorrow). Hoping I don't even notice them while actually shooting.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Both set up exactly the same.

nice...what rackers are those?

Those are SVI rackers installed by Mr. Postman! He did a great job and the turnaround was fast!

Can't wait to shoot them (tomorrow). Hoping I don't even notice them while actually shooting.

Just be careful shooting around props......walls, windows and such:)

I wanted the base pad in black, but alas CZ custom was sold out of black. May still anodize it orange or black. Gun is fun, but that thumb rest makes me go :( Too small for my hands. Actually debating buying a czechmate scope mount and hacking it off to be even with the frame top because it fits the notch in the frame the thumb rest sits in. That way I can have a flat surface to mount a better thumb rest into, as well as further forward on the gun.

TiE7INx.jpg

Edited by sudoshakes

I wanted the base pad in black, but alas CZ custom was sold out of black. May still anodize it orange or black. Gun is fun, but that thumb rest makes me go :( Too small for my hands. Actually debating buying a czechmate scope mount and hacking it off to be even with the frame top because it fits the notch in the frame the thumb rest sits in. That way I can have a flat surface to mount a better thumb rest into, as well as further forward on the gun.

TiE7INx.jpg

Taran Tactical has plenty of black ones.

that thumb rest makes me go :( Too small for my hands. Actually debating buying a czechmate scope mount and hacking it off to be even with the frame top because it fits the notch in the frame the thumb rest sits in. That way I can have a flat surface to mount a better thumb rest into, as well as further forward on the gun.

You can get an Arredondo one w/o holes cut it to fit the depression in the frame and move the rest forward.

fc25l4901eexei.jpg

Arredondo is plastic and not very durable. Using it in normal way you can't get it any further forward than CZ thumb rest. Flipping it 180 degrees puts the rest and support hand too low.

Maybe my eyes are messing with me, but could you flip it around to put the ledge further forward, or does it have a weird shape?

TiE7INx.jpg

For the TS or for the smaller 75? Or both?

TiE7INx.jpg

For the TS or for the smaller 75? Or both?

The smaller 75.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
On 2/19/2014 at 10:51 AM, Czhase said:

Thanks, I'm going to checker the back in 30 lpi also.

Here are a couple of pics of the process, I machined a couple of guide plates to keep the file centered on the front strap. Due to the upsweep at the bottom of the front strap all of the vertical cutting must be done with the front row of teeth on the file, these wear out pretty fast so I would clamp the end of the file in the vice and break a small part off exposing a fresh row of teeth. Had to buy a second file to finish the horizontal lines.

post-50115-0-25544600-1392835461_thumb.j

post-50115-0-69036000-1392835486_thumb.j

post-50115-0-80811800-1392835590_thumb.j

post-50115-0-21844000-1392835697_thumb.j

So you’re the one doing it. Are u doing this for a hobby or do u have a shop. I’m interested.