Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Post pics of your Tactcal Sport

gmg

Here's my example. It looks pretty much like most of the other ones here. It has been incredibly reliable for me in the 2 matches I've run it in so far. I tried switching over to the adjustable sight, but couldn't give up the easy racking that goes along with the fixed version. If anyone needs a bargain adjustable, shoot me a PM.

m7uve8.jpg

Edited by tyler2you

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would really love to do a grip reduction with mine, but am afraid of taking away to much.

:mellow:

So how do you guys know, when it is "enough"?

Just prior to seeing daylight.

Seriously if you just take the cast Checkering down you still won't be anywhere near danger.

Well, yeah.

I think it would be a good idea to take that worthless checkering away and do some skateboard tape at the front and back.

Just because I´m not such an artist to do such a nice checkering like some here did.

:ph34r:

Go for it Jay...you are Badisch...you can do anything. :bow:

Dang!

Well yes, Badisch through the godgiven grace of birth.

:roflol::cheers:

I just joined the club...

Brand new CZT 9mm, mainly for 3g ("upgrade" from a 34) maybe limited minor.

Spent a fortune over at CZC to bring it up to snuff:

Magwell IPSC

Aluminum Medium Grip, I hope that with those on I can reach the safety =(

+3 bumpers, since its a 9mm I also needed the Spring Kit, OUT OF STOCK, BUT they were selling the new followers and the 10 coils spring seperately, I hope it works... I want 23 rds that locks on the last round.

Front 1.5mm fiber

Aluminum Trigger for the looks... I don't know if I am going to like the completely straight trigger, loosing the reference point.

Now the gun... Trigger is good but I want a little more out of it, there is a very slight "2nd stage" before the break.

The factory finish is shit... sorry no other words for it so I am considering refinishing it... I just dont know what finish, I am thinking cerakote but depending on how skilled the applicator is, the overall finish will be affected, I am pretty picky I need something very very smooth and well blended.

Now before I do the Cerakote a few thing I need to check in case I need to make mods to the frame

1. Factory checkering is a job, I dont know how my grip will be affected is I do a 1911esque checkering.

2. The left edge of the beavertail is digging a little bit on my left thumb knuckle, maybe for rounding is in order.

3. maybe an under cut?

4. Mag release might get in the way after all the mods.

Lots of playing around with it before attacking the frame!

Just got my first TS .40S&W today. It isn't as heavy as I thought. The trigger is awesome just like everyone mentioned and I have a set of competition hammer, lighter main and recoil spring ready to go in.

I really love the feel and weight distribution. just can't wait to take it out to the range.

Just like a blank canvas!

2dwf41z.jpg

My factory pistol case is in blue colour and little bigger. Is it different versions?
I was wondering the same thing... I have seen blue boxes around... I don't know how the blue box is different from the black ones... Maybe someone can help

• 1 month later...

This is pretty much a Tac Sport.

CZ Czechmate

Dawson P09 front sight

CZ UB grips

CZ UB flat trigger

CZ UB mag well

CZC mag base

CZC extended sayety w/ xp safety spring

8SV98iS.jpg

Next on the list is removing the checkering on the front and rear and send it off for nitride.

This is pretty much a Tac Sport.

CZ Czechmate

Dawson P09 front sight

CZ UB grips

CZ UB flat trigger

CZ UB mag well

CZC mag base

CZC extended sayety w/ xp safety spring

8SV98iS.jpg

Next on the list is removing the checkering on the front and rear and send it off for nitride.

Talk to my about that extra power safety spring...

After putting the extended safety I am concern that the gun safety get disengage if I dump the gun in a box in my 3 gun matches.

Looks like those springs are designed to prevent the accidental ENGAGEMENT of the safety, not to prevent the accidental disengagement of the safety (like you'd want for 3-gun).

I'm no familiar with the TS...Is the thumb safety different than say a CZ75? I don't recall a spring like that in my 75.

If it does help prevent engaging the safety, and it works in a 75, that would be a welcome addition--I have a tendency to grip really high, and the knuckle of my right hand tends to engage the thumb safety--even with my thumb on top of it.

Edited by RAZZ

I noticed it is harder to both engage and dis engage the safety. If you dont have a spring like that in your 75, you might want to get one.
Its item 31 in this diagram. There is not one on the right side though
http://02b665f.netsolstores.com/images/products/detail/CZ75Diagram.jpg

Edited by jon49erfan

• 3 weeks later...

Hay all new to the forums. Great thread.

I tested the Extra Power Safety spring recently out of curiosity. As i understand it the TS safety config is much like an SP-01, spring on one side and an insert with no spring on the other. These were the results.

Extra Power Safty Spring. (SP-01 w. Paddle/Shadow Safetys installed, tested with Lyman digital trigger scale 10 pull average)

Stock - On: 1lb, 5oz Off: 1lb, 0oz

Extra Power Spring - On: 2lb, 10oz Off: 2lb, 6oz