gmg

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

It shifts the balance of the pistol a little rearward so it feels more like the weight is in your hands and reduces the weight of a heavy pistol a bit. It is more of a preference than an absolute improvement. Some folks like full length dust cover 2011s, some like the short dust covers. Same thing.

I think you get more recoil - what is bad, but you are a little bit faster in draws, transitions and so on - what is good.

So if recoil is no problem for you, you might get faster a little bit.

(I suppose)

What benefits is it to cut the frame?

Here's what I've experienced, which seems to be somewhat typical among USPSA shooters: when I first started I wanted the heaviest gun with the softest load possible because it felt more comfortable to shoot, I felt more in control; as I got stronger, better at calling my shots, seeing the sights and learning to dance with the rhythm of the pistol I began to experiment with lighter guns and felt faster.

A lot of this has to do with shooting Open as well; I shot a match with my long slide Tanfoglio and 147gr bullets over Clays and felt like I was shooting in slow motion.

My Tactical Sport Open gun is very heavy (52oz) and very soft (even with 115gr bullets doing 1,500 fps!), but it is a tank. I've began to experiment with lighter guns and while I don't have any ready to become my primary match gun yet, I look forward to trying them out.

My TS

E8940146-2D00-475C-8CC2-3DD283FF625D.jpg

How is the TiNi holding up on your barrel? Mine is starting to wear off forward of the barrel hood (exposed chamber area). It's probably been 1.5-2,000 rounds.

Good looking gun, by the way.

Edited by huskerlrrp

This thread got me thinking about a fried of mine I met on the CZ Forum, he's kindred spirit living on the other side of the planet :cheers:

that is awesome! 250 gram weight saving is pretty significant. shame there is no modified any more. I'm a bit hazy on the rules but with the barrel ports but no RDS I believe it would have been elligible for modified. obviously it can shoot in open but might be a bit hampered against guns with a RDS. I imagine it shoots pretty nicely though in 9mm minor with the ported barrel.

^^^^ Don't think it would fit the box for Modified.

hmm, I was just speculating really. I have only the haziest recollection of modified division rules (in IPSC). my memory is that you could have ports or a comp, but no optic sights and had to fit the box like standard? if the box is the same as the standard div box it should fit as the TS fits that. it's a moot point anyway as modified is long gone from IPSC and not coming back any time soon. in which case he can happily shoot it in open (and fit an optic if he wanted to), or without the ported barrel it would be fine in limited/standard div.

Ahh, Modified..... The Top Fuel Altered of IPSC. Too short, too loud and a bitch to drive but dang they were fun. May it rest in peace. Here is a short vid on one and then I will surrender the hijack of this thread. LOL

My TS

E8940146-2D00-475C-8CC2-3DD283FF625D.jpg

I'm seeing a lot of grips like this on CZs. Is it just a smooth aluminum grip covered in skate/grip tape?

That is what I am doing with mine now, at least on the left side. The aluminum grips alone leave a lot to be desired when it comes to traction for my weak hand otherwise.
post-5345-0-22363600-1403621768.jpg
Edited by alma

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my CTS back from cerakote. Had a few other guns done in this tungsten and really like how it looks.

Looks great!

I would really like to have one of these but CZC is saying the build time is 4-5 months.