Post pics of your Tactcal Sport

gmg

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have ended (for now :surprise: ) with a rubber grip (thanks kneeling atlas) on the left side and a slim checkered grip on the right side.

My problem was, that I couldn´t fire fast, because losing grip just a tiny little bit after every shot and I had to fix the grip again.

A horror for practical shooting.

Atlas gave me the tip to use the factory rubber grips from the Shadow, that was an enormous change.

With those grips the pistol fitted my hands (size 10) absolutely perfect.

Next step was, that I´ve realized, that I sometimes don´t hit the safety with those pretty wide grips.

Starting cocked and locked in Limited, not a good thing.

So actually I have the rubber grip on the left side, and a slim checkered alu grip on the right side, some skateboard tape on the front.

:ph34r:

No chekering and slick grips, go and shoot it.

Edited by jayjay1

Hi guys

I wanted to ask you a favour.

Did anyone actually filmed or made detailed pics of the process/part of the process?

I wanted to know few things:

- What to begind with when doing grip reduction- FRONT or rear ?

- Did you use a file to remove the original checkering or did you use a mill machine ( moving round stone)?

- How did you do the undercut for beaver tail and under the trigger guard? File?

If you want to we can do it in PM. I just watched the pictures you had here and I understand it is quite a process.

Thank you in advance

- What to begind with when doing grip reduction- FRONT or rear ? I did the rear of mine first but it doesn't matter which one you do first, I just picked one.

- Did you use a file to remove the original checkering or did you use a mill machine ( moving round stone)? I used a bastard file, round file, dremel with a sanding drum, and sand paper to remove the factory checkering.

- How did you do the undercut for beaver tail and under the trigger guard? File? You can use a round file and a dremel with a sanding drum to do both. On mine I undercut the trigger guard on my milling machine with a 1/2" end mill and cleaned it up with a file and dremel.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is mine…. after waiting for a year, finally got to use it in a match last week. Only mods are new grips and FO front sight. Will shoot it like this for a while before changing anything major.

photo2-4_zps96672a91.jpg

Question to the guys that put the CZC magwell (IPSC sized, not the large one) and factory magazines with no extended base pads. I just installed the new magwell and the mag won't seat fully. Looks like I need to remove some aluminum material from the magwell funnel near the rear. Any insight into the best tool to use and how much material needs to be removed?

It's probably easier to just take the material off of the base pads. I removed a good amount of material from the mag well and still had to trim the base pads to make them seat.

post-50115-0-53521700-1400946969_thumb.j

post-50115-0-12969100-1400946990_thumb.j

I removed what is thought was a lot of material from the large magwell to get the extended basepads to fit but still ended up having to take material offers of the basepads.

I haven't had any problems with the strength of the extended CZC pads which are build pretty tough. Not sure about the plastic ones but they seemed durable enough.

It's probably easier to just take the material off of the base pads. I removed a good amount of material from the mag well and still had to trim the base pads to make them seat.

Tool question - what did you use to grind it down? My file and sandpaper approach didn't do much...Dremel is next on my list.

I used a file for the base pads. I started with a dremel on the magwell with the magwell off and working through the top side of the magwell. I then smoothed it out with files and then sand paper.

Edited by alma

Tool question - what did you use to grind it down? My file and sandpaper approach didn't do much...Dremel is next on my list.

I used my milling machine, then cleaned it up with a file and sand paper. I would be careful with a Dremel they can eat away at the aluminum pretty quickly.

Hello!

I am wondering going from a Glock 35 to a 75TS .40 cal in IPSC Standard. But people tell me the TS is a bit too "snappy"? Especially compared to other raceguns, like STI, SVI and similar.

Is that correct?

I shoot a Shadow in production.