Post pics of your Tactcal Sport

gmg

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK - why do I only get 20 in my TS 9mm if you guys are getting 21 in .40 cal.?

You should be getting 20 9MM in an OEM mag. 21 in a .40 cal is with an extension and CZ Custom spring/follower.

I only get 20 in my 40 mags too. I have czc base pad and spring/follower kits too. I must be doin something wrong.

I think, for whatever reason, it is mag dependent. Of the 5 9mm mags I have, only 3 will load to 20 and I'll give you a dollar if you can fit more than 19 in the other two. I have dented rounds with my uplula trying to cram them in, left them loaded, everything... just not happening..

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to handle one of these TSs with the cut dust cover; that's the thing about mods like this, there's no going back. I feel like the full dust cover soaks up so much recoil it would be a sin to cut it off, I would rather start by taking weight out of the slide. Then again, I'm just a new guy talking out of his ass, what say you masters of the CZ?

This is the one I want

cts40_1.jpg

Would you mill the slide, for weight reduction, could look and be very cool

You don't want this. You are better off buying a stock TS and upgrading it. I have met several owners of these, and they ALL had to send them back because of ejection issues. They apparently run good after they got them back months and months later, but spending that kind of money on a gun that doesn't run like clockwork is insane.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would love to handle one of these TSs with the cut dust cover; that's the thing about mods like this, there's no going back. I feel like the full dust cover soaks up so much recoil it would be a sin to cut it off, I would rather start by taking weight out of the slide. Then again, I'm just a new guy talking out of his ass, what say you masters of the CZ?

This is the one I want

cts40_1.jpg

You don't want this. You are better off buying a stock TS and upgrading it. I have met several owners of these, and they ALL had to send them back because of ejection issues. They apparently run good after they got them back months and months later, but spending that kind of money on a gun that doesn't run like clockwork is insane.

I really dont recall any coming back?

This is the one I want

cts40_1.jpg

Stuart,

I'll explain what I heard in this regard that led me to the conclusion I posted. Might have been a bad conclusion, but here's what led me to this: I left that post shortly after I was in Hamilton Montana this summer shooting "Montana Mayhem", an 8-stage level 1 match. I was on a squad with a bunch of Montana natives that I had never shot with before. I'm usually the only person at small level one matches who has a Tactical Sport, but here I saw sever other Tactical Sports around, and two CZ Custom CTS-40's that a couple was shooting on my squad (I believe they were from Missoula). I immediately started gawking the guns. The couple went on to tell me all about how, when they first got the guns, they had a lot of ejection issues. They told a rather unfortunate story about having to send them back, and waited months before finally getting them back, with some other service complaints mixed in... but in the end, they got them back and were (obviously) still shooting them and (I assume) liked them. I had heard another story a month or so before from a shooter in Spokane, WA. with an Accushadow who also told me an unflattering tale about having to send his gun back and ended up buying a factory Tactical Sport because he was so put off with the Custom Shop... so, between these (admitted) "tales" and my own positive experience buying a stock Tactical Sport and buying the parts from you guys to trick it out myself, that led me to comment that you'd be better off going that route. I apologize for going off of "tales" on here, and should probably stick to my own personal experiences. I will say that I relied on myself to do all my own work to my TS, largely using CZC and CZ UB parts, and absolutely love it and have had nothing but good luck... so it was easy for me to suggest that route after having just heard that story from the shooters from Montana. In all fairness, I have not gone through you guys for gunsmithing services, so I will not claim to know any more about your custom guns than what I've personally experienced in future.

Well, all those pictures of nice grip reductions finally convinced me to do mine.

I used a 1" belt sander (3700sfpm) and a new 220 grit belt to remove the rear checkering and undercut the beavertail. Working slowly, it took about an hour. The belt was worn almost smooth. For the front I switched to a rough 150 grit and it removed metal like water. I removed almost all of the checkering, then switched to a new 220 belt to finish. That removed material a little more quickly than I wanted under the trigger, so I switched to a used belt. You have to apply quite a bit of pressure above the platen to get the belt to bend into the contours, so you still end up taking metal off quickly.

The picture of the rear was after I hand sanded down to 1000 grit and polished. The front was taken at 400 grit. I finished that to 1000 and polished, then blued the bare metal. It came out almost black. I added strips of this clear grip tape front and back. I'm a lot higher on the gun now and the grip is terrific. I can release the mag catch simply by moving my thumb inward without changing my grip. I sanded the anodization of the CZC thin grips and anodized them black. It looks sharp. I'll post pics of the finished gun when I get the camera back.

post-54411-0-75004100-1449264313_thumb.jpost-54411-0-96826000-1449264328_thumb.j

This is the one I want

cts40_1.jpg

Stuart,

I'll explain what I heard in this regard that led me to the conclusion I posted. Might have been a bad conclusion, but here's what led me to this: I left that post shortly after I was in Hamilton Montana this summer shooting "Montana Mayhem", an 8-stage level 1 match. I was on a squad with a bunch of Montana natives that I had never shot with before. I'm usually the only person at small level one matches who has a Tactical Sport, but here I saw sever other Tactical Sports around, and two CZ Custom CTS-40's that a couple was shooting on my squad (I believe they were from Missoula). I immediately started gawking the guns. The couple went on to tell me all about how, when they first got the guns, they had a lot of ejection issues. They told a rather unfortunate story about having to send them back, and waited months before finally getting them back, with some other service complaints mixed in... but in the end, they got them back and were (obviously) still shooting them and (I assume) liked them. I had heard another story a month or so before from a shooter in Spokane, WA. with an Accushadow who also told me an unflattering tale about having to send his gun back and ended up buying a factory Tactical Sport because he was so put off with the Custom Shop... so, between these (admitted) "tales" and my own positive experience buying a stock Tactical Sport and buying the parts from you guys to trick it out myself, that led me to comment that you'd be better off going that route. I apologize for going off of "tales" on here, and should probably stick to my own personal experiences. I will say that I relied on myself to do all my own work to my TS, largely using CZC and CZ UB parts, and absolutely love it and have had nothing but good luck... so it was easy for me to suggest that route after having just heard that story from the shooters from Montana. In all fairness, I have not gone through you guys for gunsmithing services, so I will not claim to know any more about your custom guns than what I've personally experienced in future.

No worries, I appreciate hearing the feedback. I suppose you can't make everyone happy. Trying to diagnose a shooter's trouble with a firearm can be difficult over distance when you dont have access to their ammo, etc..

we can only try and do better.

This is the one I want

cts40_1.jpg

Sorry if I come off a little blunt but you come into a CZ picture thread and poop on one of the best CZ shoops in the country? That's like going to a mustang forum and saying don't buy the 500. If you've had first hand experience with one you contact the smith, you don't poop on them in public. If you have second hand knowledge then there is just to many variables so you sure don't poop on them public. Rant off

Picture thread.

0D99CF31-B13E-4D66-9902-CB5F480136EE.jpg

Evidently you didn't read my follow up with CZ Custom. Additionally, when discussion occurs within a thread, are we supposed to blindly stick to the topic and refrain from any sort of criticism because the thread was only for "fans"? I explained my reasoning to Stewart from CZC and apologized for going off of what owners of the CTS told me (first hand, by the way), but I can tell you this: if I went into some "Mustang forums" (since this was your comparison) after hearing from critical, unhappy owners of specialty custom models that had some issues, and I had great first hand experience modifying a stock model, I'd still share that opinion, even if I could have been more courteous about my comment in this case. That picture wasn't someone showing off their gun, they shared a stock photo of a CTS explaining it's what he'd like. I guess I don't have the blind brand loyalty you do to ignore the info that other owners have shared.. If you had seen any of my other posts raving about how much I love my Tactical Sport (or the pics of it decked out with CZC parts), have convinced multiple friends to buy them, and encouraged them to equip them with CZC stuff, maybe you wouldn't be laboring under the delusion that I'm some troll out spouting off on topics I don't have any business discussing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Edited by scottrallye

Evidently you didn't read my follow up with CZ Custom, but thanks for the lecture dad.

Oh I did. Your welcome...kid.
So you just had to ignore the fact I tried to make amends and go keyboard - commando anyway. Well played.

Pretty strong words from someone who until called on it stated as fact that the guns had problems without mentioning it was all hearsay. That is a pretty big omission. Your personal experience is one thing and quite valid. Range tales not so much.