Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OPEN GLOCKS

fuentesd99

Mine is a g22c carver 3 port 9mm comp with lone wolf barrel. Tungsten guide rod. 10 lb issm spring. Shoots 9mm major flat with autocomp or 3n38 I love this gun. I also have a 22 lr kit from advantage arms. Shoots 40, 9 and 22lr I'm toying with porting the 9mm barrel too but I'm not sure if I want to yet. Waiting on the carver 90 mount to come out. I like the sjc one but idk about drilling my frame. Anyone running a sjc and have any input? I know I just missed one in classifieds for a good price. Still not sure I want to drill my frame.

post-55050-0-80359400-1412105092_thumb.j

post-55050-0-54297500-1412105117_thumb.j

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love my sjc mount. Bobby's is rock solid but the sjc gives more holster options. Think of drilling your frame like going to the movies, it's for fun not an investment. Once you can look at your pistol as a means to have fun and not an investment, it's easier to experiment with it.

That's my thoughts too really. I like the idea of not having to modify the holster so I can try different set ups. I have a CR speed now and I love it. Im really only worried about the light spring and heavy loads. I use a 10 lb spring and it runs great but I've shot into the 180s with the same spring. I was testing a short load w autocomp. Does drilling the frame weaken it in any noticeable way or does the exterior brace the mount offer offset any holes?

Make sure to drill the holes a little under size and finish fit with a round file. They suggest drilling each side seperately, not in one pass. If you have and end mill you can recess the bushing flange with that , if not a dremel tool will work.

There is another thread over on open guns discussing this very subject right now.

Edited by captain037

I installed the sjc mount myself. Takes time and great patients.
I use the Racemaster holster, ad have three blocks for it.

Run my G17 open gum, STI, and SV from it, just change out the blocks.

Bobby Is great to due business with.

Edited by Rolex

Rolex. Do you have any pics? I'm intrested n this holster too because I'm building an open tanfoglio at the moment. Same holster would be awesome and I know the CR won't hold the tanfo. Who knows. Once my tanfo is running I may use my glock for limited n keep the parts n such for a backup open. Easy swap if my tanfo won't run a glocks a glock n will run run run. Lol

Just a quick note for you guys planning to install your own SJC mounts.

Be careful about how tight you make the two forward (towards the muzzle) screws. Too tight and there's a very real chance that that you can actually squeeze the frame rails inward, and as a result, have a gun that's suddenly off kilter. Use some blue Loctite on the screws as opposed to over torquing them.

You will know immediately if you've over done the screws. Your slide will suddenly be a serious pain to remove.

CR makes a holster for Tanfo

Yes but I'm looking to only buy one and have it work for both guns. If I get a race master I will sell my CR. I like my CR but would like to have one set up. Just swap blocks and pouches and go. That and I can't really afford 2 belts. who know. Perhaps if I can find a tanfo CR on clearance or something. For now the guns n my safe w a stack of parts and a mile long to do list. Lol

• 1 month later...

Has anyone heard anything on the new Angled Mounts from Carver Customs? I was interested to see this mount will still require you to cut the ejection port down like his standard competition mounts do or not. Any word yet?

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone heard anything on the new Angled Mounts from Carver Customs? I was interested to see this mount will still require you to cut the ejection port down like his standard competition mounts do or not. Any word yet?

I've ordered one should be here Tuesday.

Bobby says it does not require any modifications

Boom. No I'm not. My plan was to run the carver 3 port comp w/o the ports then order a 2nd lone wolf barrel with ports or send mine off for 3 small holes in a V pattern like the tanfoglio or springfield factory guns. I've actually sold the entire setup and went to a 38 super gun. I really wanted to have the comp and ports but then the carver 90 c more mount was delayed and I was really nervous on going with the sjc mount sooo I just sold it and further built my tanfoglio :-) I may build a glock again because I did enjoy it. I have a few ideas floating around just need to get a glock to start. Lol.

Here's mine, finally done. For Steel Challenge and some USPSA

G22 .40S&W

Lone Wolf Barrel and Comp

Glocktriggers EDGE Kit

Carver Mount w/C-More

Dawson Magwell

SS Guide Rod w/13lb recoil spring

post-48359-0-18445000-1419654136_thumb.j

Edited by UFO

• 2 weeks later...