Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OPEN GLOCKS

fuentesd99

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can be added to any gun just need the proper dovetail cutter ;-)

I never thought theres enough meat in a Glock slide to accomodate the deep cut. I have them in my 2011s. W/ the flat topped glocks its even a better looking fit. And placed a bit forward means my thumb wont snag on it. Time to get one?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is my Custom Glock 23 gen4 Open in all of it's phases of development.

I really enjoy it.

I built it with parts from Carver Custom, ZEV (trigger, firing pin, plunger), Wolfe Springs, LoneWolf, Taran Tactical Innovations, Burris, EGWGuns, Viridian, chrome "pins, extended mag release, .slide lock", Reduced mag release spring, Gen3 Recoil Rod with reduced weight recoil spring, Extended Slide Pull, Appaloosa Grips (cowboy in me).

It has a 2.5Lb average trigger pull (Lyman digital), shoots Freedom REMAN 40sw flawlessly, generates lightning and thunder out of the comp.

The beauty of this gun is I can convert it back to factory in less than 15 minutes (with compensator) or 24 hours with comp removed and original Glock barrel re-installed.

Disclosure: I did pre-order a STI DVC Open in 9mm ETA November 2015.

austin111-albums-glock23-evolution-pictu

Edited by Austin111

Do any of you have a good load for a G22 gun using a Carver comp? I ask because I can't find Autocomp anywhere it seems and I'm searching for some different loads using other powders.

If you are able to get Hodgdon CFE Pistol, look up their load data. If you pick a 135 gr .40 cal bullet, their STARTING load of 8.0 grains will make major at 1300 fps. Loaded to 1.125" COL and tested out of a 4" barrel.

I haven't used this load, but I plan to in the future.

Look up the "40 Open" thread. I have probably listed my old STI load in there somewhere. I used to use Power Pistol with the 135gr bullet. I never had any problem driving Rainier Ballistics 135's that fast. Actually my loads were running about 1275 fps.

Finally got it finished!

Very nice! What kind of trigger you using?

zev spring pack and gunsmith tuned. good 2 lb pull on a friend's scale. i have a glocktriggers edge in my other 34 that i use for limited minor

Edited by love2fishnshoot

Finally got it finished!

Very nice! What kind of trigger you using?

zev spring pack and gunsmith tuned. good 2 lb pull on a friend's scale. i have a glocktriggers edge in my other 34 that i use for limited minor

How's the Edge trigger does it break as light as your open? I'm using a DK Custom trigger which is great but the pull is still not as light as I want it to be.

The open trigger is a good bit lighter than the edge. but the reset is not as pronounce as the edge either. i may switch out the edge to either a zev fulcrum or dk in the future just to see how they compare. for now, both triggers are great and a whole lot better than stock. they will never be 1911/2011 light but for now they work great and I'm happy with them.

Hey all. I'm getting a glock again. Open build in time. The slide is milled and drilled/tapped for a delta point. I am used to a Cmore at a 90. I'm I plan to do a sjc 90 mount. Any one using a slide mounted optic and going from c more to the other? I have a 38sc tanfoglio with a 90mount. The glock will be a 2nd toy. Not really to have one or the other as a back up or primary but I'm not sure if I could make the switch. I love my 90 cmore but I hate to "waste" the spot that's milled.

The open trigger is a good bit lighter than the edge. but the reset is not as pronounce as the edge either. i may switch out the edge to either a zev fulcrum or dk in the future just to see how they compare. for now, both triggers are great and a whole lot better than stock. they will never be 1911/2011 light but for now they work great and I'm happy with them.

How many pounds would you say your edge trigger is?

I would guesstimate about 3-3.5 haven't measured it yet and don't have access to a measure right now. It's still world's better than a stock trigger and pretty affordable for a drop in unit

Is there much less take up than the stock trigger? its not adjustable right?

I would guesstimate about 3-3.5 haven't measured it yet and don't have access to a measure right now. It's still world's better than a stock trigger and pretty affordable for a drop in unit

Is there much less take up than the stock trigger? its not adjustable right?
There's still some take up and it's not the smoothest either. But there's it is significantly less take up and a whole lot smoother than factory. Where are you from? I may can take a video of the trigger take up and reset and send it to you.