• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

My wife and I shoot steel challenge. While I have a timer, I really need one that will record multiple strings since we're usually shooting a 5 string COF. Even if I'm timing for my wife I don't want to have to write down the time after each string and if I'm self-timing I certainly can't stop between strings. Any help out there?

Thanks,

• 1 month later...

My wife and I shoot steel challenge. While I have a timer, I really need one that will record multiple strings since we're usually shooting a 5 string COF. Even if I'm timing for my wife I don't want to have to write down the time after each string and if I'm self-timing I certainly can't stop between strings. Any help out there?

Thanks,

The CED8000 holds up to Ten strings according to the manual

I have a CED7000 pro that has completely dominated my brain by hiding how it really works. Can't be on with Jeff Foxworthy with one of these, I guess.

I'd like to shoot (practice) IDPA strings. Ideally I'd like to shoot all strings required in the qualifier and then write the times to paper and start the next stage. My guess is that I have to do something with the timer where after my last shot of each string I press "review" and then "start" for the next string and continue until finished. All I can do now is stop after each string which makes practice longer and interupts focus, so I'd like to get all ties/scores after each stage. No stage has 10 strings, but if one needs to program strings numers I'd like to go to 10 in the event I want to shoot one over.

Is this posssible, and if so, any idea how? I know a range master who has used his CED7000 and he doesn't think his can do what I am trying to accomplish with his, but perhaps the PRO model added some features.

As to delay, setting to a 5 second par to start after I press "start" is fine.

Thanks in advance,

Walsh

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

So my 20yo Pack timer died today... Comes on but no buzzer.  Based on my experiance trying to get my scale fixed, I'm not even going to call.  20 years is a good run.  

Trying to decide 

Pocket Pro II or 

CED 7000.

Shooting a club match tomorrow and I know they have a bunch of CED 7000's so I'll get a chance to try it out. :D

Pretty surprised that the last post was mine FROM JANUARY! Might be time to start a new one.... ;) 

Edited by Chutist

I own the three timers that you refer to.

I've owned my Pact Club Timer for 12 years or more ?.

No problems with either of them.

If I were you I would buy another Pact C/T.

Easy battery features and ergonomics and a good beeper/buzzer.

2 hours ago, jacala said:

I own the three timers that you refer to.

I've owned my Pact Club Timer for 12 years or more ?.

No problems with either of them.

If I were you I would buy another Pact C/T.

Easy battery features and ergonomics and a good beeper/buzzer.

Thanks, that's good input.  I will add Pact back to the list... ;)

• 2 months later...

Piece of masking tape over the speaker ..... Suppressor for the PACT timer .... ?

I can dry fire in the room next to our living room where my wife is watching TV without issue ... Just close the door.

On 1/27/2017 at 0:57 PM, CaptainOverkill said:

I haven't seen this asked anywhere else, but do any of the timers with adjustable start beep volumes adjust down really quiet?  I have an old Pocket Pro that is always full-volume, and it drives my wife crazy when I dry fire with it in the house. :lol:

Pocket Pro II has adjustable volume. It can be adjusted down very low so it's great for dryfire. 

• 2 months later...