crawdad

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 1/6/2020 at 1:37 PM, KyleJ said:

Thanks! I am between a pocket pro 2 and a CED7000 and it seems both are good options. 

Also I'm a silly millennial and think everything should connect to my phone. 

I STILL have my Competition Electronics Pro Timer I from the 80's, it still works, no bluetooth, no WiFi,  no speech recognition... no app either. 🙂

competition_electronics_pro_timer1.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 7/25/2020 at 12:22 AM, gnappi said:

I'm happy to see threads like this resurrected!

Another resurrection maybe.  Thanks in advance to all replies. 😉

I’m buying a new timer this week, and just wonder what the consensus is.  Go for a CED product, the PACT Club III, or the Commander of which I’ll probably never use blu tooth to enter data to Practicescore.  I do want it to be sensitive enough for dri fire.  

What say you.

9 hours ago, Gooz said:

Another resurrection maybe.  Thanks in advance to all replies. 😉

I’m buying a new timer this week, and just wonder what the consensus is.  Go for a CED product, the PACT Club III, or the Commander of which I’ll probably never use blu tooth to enter data to Practicescore.  I do want it to be sensitive enough for dri fire.  

What say you.

The only one sensitive enough for dryfire is the Commander.

Another resurrection maybe.  Thanks in advance to all replies. [emoji6]
What say you.

Commander, but be prepared for a long wait.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
19 minutes ago, carolina_boy1990 said:

Im just getting into the competition scene and have been looking at the pact and pocket pro II. Im pretty sure ima pick up the PPII. Do y'all think this will suite me as a new shooter or is there a better option for beginners? 

I have had one for going on 12 years. Excellent timer and excellent customer service. I got mine wet once and the screen went out. They repaired it for about $25 including shipping. 

• 1 month later...

I'm looking for a timer to get started in ISPA.  It's obvious you need one to train/practice with.  Is the Pact Club Shot Timer 3 any good?  I was at a match two weeks ago and the safety  officer was using one but other than total times I did not get to look at it.  

1 hour ago, OSP737 said:

I'm looking for a timer to get started in ISPA.  It's obvious you need one to train/practice with.  Is the Pact Club Shot Timer 3 any good?  I was at a match two weeks ago and the safety  officer was using one but other than total times I did not get to look at it.  

Any of the timers available will do the job just fine. Most timers activate by pushing a button for the start beep. The pact is different as it activates by releasing the button

Well, after reading, reading and reading, I ordered the Pocket Pro.  It should be here next week so I'll be able to give it a work out before the next match.  Thanks for all the info folks.

9 hours ago, apoc4lypse said:

Has anyone ordered an AMG Commander recently?  I am right at the 8 week point and emails go unanswered.  If I get nothing back from them soon I think I'll have to file a dispute through PayPal.

It’s been a while, but mine was closer to 12 weeks. 

10 hours ago, apoc4lypse said:

Has anyone ordered an AMG Commander recently?  I am right at the 8 week point and emails go unanswered.  If I get nothing back from them soon I think I'll have to file a dispute through PayPal.

be patient he will get it out to you as soon as he can, if you dispute it you get your money back and it free's up a timer for someone else.

On 4/26/2021 at 7:22 PM, apoc4lypse said:

Ordered one last week.

This is what came with the order confirmation:  

Hi Robert, we're getting your shot timer built and it will take some little time before it ready to be shipped. We will notify you when it has been sent.

• 2 weeks later...

I did finally get my AMG Commander yesterday; took just shy of 11 weeks (75 days total).  That said, so far I think it's worth the wait, both for all the data it gives me, and for the ability to use it for dry fire practice.

• 2 months later...

My AMG commander was worth the wait for me.

I have had mine about a year and think it was worth the wait.  With the sensitivity on two I can use it at an indoor range and it rarely picks up another shooter but at home with the sensitivity turned up it picks up dry fire, mag changes, etc.  At home I have the beep set low and at the range or at a match it is set to loud, us older shooters appreciate the loud starting beep.  Wear that hearing protection!