crawdad

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
I just saw in American Handgunner that the MK IV comes with a "Free Chronograph". I checked around on the PACT website, and I can't find the promotion. Anyone know where I can find this promotion?

As I understand it.

The Pact MKIV comes with built in chrono but you still have to buy the sensors and screens etc for about $70.

al

I just got the MKIVxp version. First it is like one 9v a day, may 2 days. Not long after using it, it already showed "low battery". I like it for the little time I have owned it... though I hope the manual will be available soon. My question...I was at an indoor range and was getting double readings, does the timer have a filter or something that stops reading echo's. I guess that is what it is doing because when I shoot two rounds, it shows 4 shots? Is there anyway to set the sensitiviy of the timer? I guess there is a lot of timer there and not a lot of info to assist you. Thanks in advance for any help. Jay

I just got the MKIVxp version. First it is like one 9v a day, may 2 days. Not long after using it, it already showed "low battery".

Mine showed 'low battery' one morning. We then used it to RO the entire squad for the day's steel match. By the end, it was getting to be a few seconds from pushing the go button to 'beeep', but it still worked. I think that may be a tweak they need to work on as well.

I just got the MKIVxp version. First it is like one 9v a day, may 2 days. Not long after using it, it already showed "low battery".

Mine showed 'low battery' one morning. We then used it to RO the entire squad for the day's steel match. By the end, it was getting to be a few seconds from pushing the go button to 'beeep', but it still worked. I think that may be a tweak they need to work on as well.

I thought you were just doing some kind of 'advanced' training, with the beep so slow.

• 2 months later...

Hello....I was planning to buy a Club Timer, however the "not available for International billing and shipping" clause kinda confused me. I plan to use a Canadian Visa, however the shipping address is in California, does this scenario count? If i can't do this, would anyone point me to a website that can do this?

Also is the Club Timer 3 a battery hog just like its older brother? :P Don't want to start paying more for batteries than ammo..... :blink:

I thought you were just doing some kind of 'advanced' training, with the beep so slow.

Turns out it's related to how full the memory is. I think it's a software bug that may have been fixed by now-- mine's still on the original rev. It claims 'low battery' a lot, but then works and works for a long time.

• 3 months later...

I am very disappointed in Pacts software for the XP timer/chronograph, I sure hope they work on an improved version that gives the data in a usable format like that of the review with the SD,AD High, and low displayed instead of just each shot velocity.

Maybe someone will write some thire party softwaer for it.

Jim

I am very disappointed in Pacts software for the XP timer/chronograph, I sure hope they work on an improved version that gives the data in a usable format like that of the review with the SD,AD High, and low displayed instead of just each shot velocity.

Maybe someone will write some thire party softwaer for it.

Jim

I dump it into an excel spreadsheet that does all that for me-- Excel has SD and ES and such functions.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
so the bottom line I am getting from this thread is pact is the only timer to get. thanks scott

I get that feeling too. :)

So here are my questions. First, Brian's site says the timer has more functions than can be listed. Are they listed somewhere? Second, since my wife will get a Christmas list shortly, what all options would you recommend? I'd like the chrono for indoor/outdoor and definately self practice timers. Anything else?

ciao!

leam

Edited by leam

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

so the bottom line I am getting from this thread is pact is the only timer to get. thanks scott

I get that feeling too. :)

So here are my questions. First, Brian's site says the timer has more functions than can be listed. Are they listed somewhere? Second, since my wife will get a Christmas list shortly, what all options would you recommend? I'd like the chrono for indoor/outdoor and definately self practice timers. Anything else?

ciao!

leam

That was the feeling I got from this thread too, but I've had mine now since Christmas-06, and all I've ever used is the par-time function. I haven't figured out how to use all the other functions basicly because I don't know what they are, or how to incorperate them into my training. I've been getting the low battery signal problem too. It is a big timer, every time I've offered it up for the SO's to use at a match, they opted to use a CED or something else that was also available, either because of it's size, or because they didn't know how to use it's functions. When I bought it, I didn't know that my club had some left over CED 8000's that where for sale cheep to the members. If I had, I probably would have opted for one of those instead. I kind of wish I had now, judging simply by what use I've been able to get from this timer so farr, a smaller simpler timer, with fewer unusable fuctions, and more economic battery life, would have been a better choice for me as a new shooter!!!

• 1 month later...

Three little questions:

a ) Anyone recommend the PACT Club Timer III (to be used basically for shooting training only);

b ) Anyone have the email address of PACT? (I visited their website but there's no email for contact there);

c ) In the case PACT doesn't accept international orders, can anyone indicate another internet vendor where I can find the Club Timer 3 available for sale?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Demetrio.

Edited by Demetrio

In addition to the above questions, I also wanted to know what timer you guys consider the best for training alone. I mean, think about one you can fix on your belt, assume the starting position, play the start button with your left hand (assuming you are a right hand shooter) and return to the start position again, waiting for the BEEP to draw and shoot.

Another question: someone mentioned a "book" over this thread, but I was not abble to find any additional information about this. Is it something for training reaction to the timer beep? :unsure:

Cheers,

Demetrio.

Edited by Demetrio

• 2 weeks later...

Someone please answer the question above in order to help me decide which timer to get for training. It seems to me that the PACT Club Timer III would work fine for that purpose, but I would like to get more based opinions about this.

And how about the Speed-Timer 3000? And the POCKET PRO II?

Someone please give me some advice...

Demetrio.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got a ced7000 this summer as a birthday gift from my GF, I have mixed feelings about it

I got the tactical model, from the very beginning showed only the half full battery indicator, even when fully charged, that's very annoying because you have no warning when battery is completely empty.

The timer itself have a user friendly software, but some features need tweaking I think

The buzzer have only two intesity, low and normal.

Normal is too low, for me you can hear it distinctly with earmuff, but with earmuffs and plug you have to pay attention.

low is too high, you cannot use it in your home without disturbing others.

Construction is flimsy, the screen is easily scratched, alla in all I don't think it's a very durable product, however is light, compact, and have some useful features.