crawdad

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Digging up this thread for some advice. I'm looking for my first timer to help practice and draw times. Does anyone have a compelling argument against the pocket pro? Is there one with Bluetooth connectivity I can track and adjust on my phone?

1 hour ago, KyleJ said:

Digging up this thread for some advice. I'm looking for my first timer to help practice and draw times. Does anyone have a compelling argument against the pocket pro? Is there one with Bluetooth connectivity I can track and adjust on my phone?

Don’t know about any of the fancy Bluetooth devices out there but you can’t go wrong with a  Pocket Pro II. It does everything a timer NEEDS to do, takes a simple 9V battery and customer service is great if ever needed

29 minutes ago, KyleJ said:

Thanks! I am between a pocket pro 2 and a CED7000 and it seems both are good options. 

Also I'm a silly millennial and think everything should connect to my phone. 

Yeah, I know. My kids get mad when I call instead of text.🙄🤔

1 hour ago, KyleJ said:

Thanks! I am between a pocket pro 2 and a CED7000 and it seems both are good options. 

Also I'm a silly millennial and think everything should connect to my phone. 

https://www.amg-lab.com/

Check out the AMG Commander timer...

It uses Bluetooth to connect and recored every shot in PractiScore (iOS or Android)...  You can also export your PractiScore data into PractiScore Competitor and further analyze your shot data (draws, reloads, transitions, splits, etc) in graphic or tabular form...  and of course it's a very accurate well designed timer...

2 hours ago, RaylanGivens said:

https://www.amg-lab.com/

Check out the AMG Commander timer...

It uses Bluetooth to connect and recored every shot in PractiScore (iOS or Android)...  You can also export your PractiScore data into PractiScore Competitor and further analyze your shot data (draws, reloads, transitions, splits, etc) in graphic or tabular form...  and of course it's a very accurate well designed timer...

Meh. There is a new app for that timer better crafted for practice sessions. No need to juggle between PractiScore and PractiScore Competitor apps.

21 hours ago, euxx said:

Meh. There is a new app for that timer better crafted for practice sessions. No need to juggle between PractiScore and PractiScore Competitor apps.

Been checking it out...  Looks good...  Certainly the plan if you practice live fire.

Planning to practice Thursday afternoon and try it out...  Will post back if I don't get rained out...

On 1/6/2020 at 4:38 PM, euxx said:

This is kinda what I've been waiting for. I'm looking for a timer for practice only as the local club has timers for matches. I didn't really care about the practiscore import, I'll wait and see how well the new app works.

PractiScore app never really been designed for practice. You can use it to record practice sessions, but there is extra work you have to do (create match, create stages, create shooters, even enter scores).

Some people do it anyways and then export results into PractiScore Competitor app to see charts and other fancy stuff. But the latter is primarily crafted for viewing match results.

For the practice sessions when there are multiple repeated drills and variations and often multiple people - a different kind of app was needed. More like a continuous journal or a log of your practice. It worked well for me during the last shooting season, but it is just the beginning. Some features are still in the works.

Practiscore Log app is a great tool.  It makes the AMG Commander timer an even better training device  (The AMG's sensitivity and beep volume is adjustable, among other things, so that it is a great dryfire tool as well.) 

PS Log results can be exported as .csv files too.   

• 1 month later...
On 1/9/2020 at 11:52 PM, euxx said:

PractiScore app never really been designed for practice. You can use it to record practice sessions, but there is extra work you have to do (create match, create stages, create shooters, even enter scores).

Some people do it anyways and then export results into PractiScore Competitor app to see charts and other fancy stuff. But the latter is primarily crafted for viewing match results.

For the practice sessions when there are multiple repeated drills and variations and often multiple people - a different kind of app was needed. More like a continuous journal or a log of your practice. It worked well for me during the last shooting season, but it is just the beginning. Some features are still in the works.

6D0E1A9E-D83D-40A2-85CB-479B18885224.png

1 hour ago, abmoodie said:

Used today, but seems to loose a lot of data..

I've noticed this also.  I've also found that if I try to video my practice using my phone while running the App, (just switching out of the app to the camera, not closing the app) resulted in none of my scores being recorded.  It could have been my fault so I will try again. 

Another thing I've noticed is that sometimes I have to re-sync the app and the timer or times aren't pushed or I have to go to the main menu and select the push option again.  Maybe it's designed so that you have to select to auto push every time...not sure.

I've noticed this also.  I've also found that if I try to video my practice using my phone while running the App, (just switching out of the app to the camera, not closing the app) resulted in none of my scores being recorded.  It could have been my fault so I will try again. 
Another thing I've noticed is that sometimes I have to re-sync the app and the timer or times aren't pushed or I have to go to the main menu and select the push option again.  Maybe it's designed so that you have to select to auto push every time...not sure.
There is a glitch on some devices when not all shots are being downloaded. I'm still chasing a proper fix for it. Stay tuned.

It would help if you could email to support@practiscore.com with some details about your device (fevice model, android/ios version, etc) and then answer a few follow up questions.

Generally, when you switch to another app, like camera app, the timer may get disconnected (due to android and ios system restrictions). The Log app tries to connect back when you bring it up front. But you may have to use blue button to re-load/update the last string data from the timer.

1 hour ago, euxx said:

There is a glitch on some devices when not all shots are being downloaded. I'm still chasing a proper fix for it. Stay tuned.

It would help if you could email to support@practiscore.com with some details about your device (fevice model, android/ios version, etc) and then answer a few follow up questions.

Generally, when you switch to another app, like camera app, the timer may get disconnected (due to android and ios system restrictions). The Log app tries to connect back when you bring it up front. But you may have to use blue button to re-load/update the last string data from the timer.

Thanks, I'll send an email today.

Another thing I've noticed is that sometimes I have to re-sync the app and the timer or times aren't pushed or I have to go to the main menu and select the push option again.

The push only work when timer is connected (i.e. blue timer button at the bottom is not stricken out).

If blue button has stricken out icon, you van tap on it again to connect a previously linked timer.

2 hours ago, euxx said:

The push only work when timer is connected (i.e. blue timer button at the bottom is not stricken out).

If blue button has stricken out icon, you van tap on it again to connect a previously linked timer.

Okay, thanks.  I was thinking that may be the case.

I like using 2 timers.

I have a Pocket Pro 1 for dryfire. Nothing goes between instant/random start and can have par times set as quickly as the pocket pro 1. I don't even have to look at the timer.

The Pocket Pro 2 is everything I need for livefire practice and matches. Get to review strings, see times and splits on one screen. Don't need much more than that. I find I don't really use a par time for live fire, or I don't need to change it often. Digging through menus to change par time is a little annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

I find the AMG to be no more or less tedious in menu navigation than the Pocket Pro 2.  I have only two "complaints," and they're more wishes than complaints - There's no backlight on the display which can make it hard to see at times, particularly when I shoot indoors and when I'm dry firing in my not very well lit barn so I wouldn't mind that being added.  The second is the lack of a belt clip.  I was able to purchase one from a third party which is fine, but just adds more cost to the end user in way of additional shipping charges from someone else.  Like I said, not really complaints, more of things I'd like to see in future revisions.

The timer itself is great.  It's very adjustable and easily picks up the first shot in my dry fire sessions which is nice and something I could never get the PP2 to do.  The bluetooth stuff is excellent for review purposes, it's clear and concise and easy to follow. 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm looking to upgrade my Pocket Pro II to the AMG Commander.  I'm really interested in recording split times; does the AMG allow you to do this while still syncing with Practiscore (i.e. is the split data recorded somewhere else in addition to inputting the final time in Practiscore)?  Or would I have to use a separate app to record the split times, then enter the final times manually in Practiscore?

4 minutes ago, apoc4lypse said:

I'm looking to upgrade my Pocket Pro II to the AMG Commander.  I'm really interested in recording split times; does the AMG allow you to do this while still syncing with Practiscore (i.e. is the split data recorded somewhere else in addition to inputting the final time in Practiscore)?  Or would I have to use a separate app to record the split times, then enter the final times manually in Practiscore?

For practice - look at the PractiScore Log app. It pulls all the data from AMG timer.

The PractiScore app can do that too (final time and splits), but it is not designed to be efficient tool when practicing - it is the match scoring app.

• 4 months later...