Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which pistolsmiths are the best at email?

MoNsTeR

I hate the telephone. In fact, "hate" doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about making and receiving phone calls. In my ideal world I could get a custom gun built, or repaired, or modified without picking up the phone even once.

Email is certainly a ubiquitous feature of modern society, but not everyone has entirely adapted to doing business with it. So the question for the Enosverse is: who among the top-notch pistolsmiths are able and willing to operate this way?

The best client is the one that just sends the gun in with a work order and no phone calls or e-mails. This client will go to the front of the list, the one who calls and e-mails excessively keeps getting put further back on the list. ;)

Rich

I have bought guns from several of the already mentioned smith's here so I'll add Jim Anglin to the list. I won't say how many guns he has built for me(in case some one here is watching over my shoulder) and I feel like we are friends, but I have never called him once. I have his number and he has told me to call when I need something, but email has always worked.

Hi, my name is Matt and I am addicted to the internet.

So I usually check my e-mail every 5 minutes. :ph34r:

It's true. Matt just built me a new gun and I have never spoken to him on the phone...email and PM's only.

Hi, my name is Matt and I am addicted to the internet.

So I usually check my e-mail every 5 minutes. :ph34r:

It's true. Matt just built me a new gun and I have never spoken to him on the phone...email and PM's only.

I have bought guns from several of the already mentioned smith's here so I'll add Jim Anglin to the list. I won't say how many guns he has built for me(in case some one here is watching over my shoulder) and I feel like we are friends, but I have never called him once. I have his number and he has told me to call when I need something, but email has always worked.

+1 for Jim Anglin. He is out of town at the moment though

The best client is the one that just sends the gun in with a work order and no phone calls or e-mails. This client will go to the front of the list, the one who calls and e-mails excessively keeps getting put further back on the list. ;)

Rich

Yer serious? That business model seems doomed.

I had my open gun rebarreled and the slide lightened by Gary at GANS Guns and he was sending updates with pictures regularly by e-mail. This was after some e-mail correspondence to nail down what I wanted him to do.

Neal in AZ

Bobby Keigans will answer your emails even at 3am. :roflol:

No joke...once, I was up at 2 a.m. and fired off an e-mail to a question to Bobby and had a response less than three minutes later. He's still young enough to burn the candle at both ends...work all day in the shop, catch up on e-mails in the wee hours. :D

Curtis

Bobby Keigans will answer your emails even at 3am. :roflol:

No joke...once, I was up at 2 a.m. and fired off an e-mail to a question to Bobby and had a response less than three minutes later. He's still young enough to burn the candle at both ends...work all day in the shop, catch up on e-mails in the wee hours. :D

Curtis

Answered mine on x-mas eve

+1 for Bobby Keigans....... But shouldn't the question be, who has the best customer service, work quality, T.A.T. for the price regardless of how you contact them??? You'll find the same players mentioned in that arena also so feel comfortable your in the right hands.......