Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Smart Fortwo cars

G-ManBart

Not sure why I hate them, but they look like rolling death traps to me. I saw one that was rear ended and it finished up half the size of a refrigerator box (fatal, sadly).

My wife and I call them "Stupid Fortwo" :roflol:

I guess if you're zipping over to a cafe in Paris they would make some sense...but mixing it up with semis and SUVs on high speed roads is crazy.

Edited by G-ManBart

Here in The Netherlands they're all over the place.

I once drove one and it drives a bit strange, but the scary part is when you're at the traffic light in front of a very large truck and you look over your shoulder ;-)

I saw a lot of them, as well as similar sized cars from other manufacturers while I was in Germany. In densely populated metropolitan areas they make sense, great commuters, easy parking, good value and gas mileage. But now, back home in the US, I am seeing more and more of them on the open road. Just don't see where that is a very survivable car on the Interstate system and they don't seem able to maintain Interstate speeds very well either.

Drive one on I285 around Atlanta and tell me how smart they are.

Yes, I saw one the other day on the Atlanta interstate during rush hour - driver was poking along at about 55 with traffic flowing around him like water around a rock in a fast flowing river. Just a matter of time before something bad happens......

So If I win the one from a raffle I entered being drawn this friday, will you guys still like me ? :roflol::goof:

(I really only entered because its a benefit for Big Brothers/Sisters, and Im sure it would be sold to buy a different car for my wife anyways)

So If I win the one from a raffle I entered being drawn this friday, will you guys still like me ? :roflol::goof:

(I really only entered because its a benefit for Big Brothers/Sisters, and Im sure it would be sold to buy a different car for my wife anyways)

If you win one...how could we upset with you?

I would love to have one to blast around the dirt track in my yard :cheers: wonder how they handle jumps :goof:

I just would not drive a go cart in the street

Jim

I saw a lot of them, as well as similar sized cars from other manufacturers while I was in Germany. In densely populated metropolitan areas they make sense, great commuters, easy parking, good value and gas mileage. But now, back home in the US, I am seeing more and more of them on the open road. Just don't see where that is a very survivable car on the Interstate system and they don't seem able to maintain Interstate speeds very well either.

They don't even really get that good fuel economy. I get an honest 37mpg combined in my Honda Fit and I can carry 5 passengers or a ton of stuff. Try going to a multigun match in a fourtwo.

Around here the only people driving them are yuppie liberals. That only makes me dislike them more...

If the only people driving the dangerous, not-so-economic, rolling coffin "smart" cars are the yuppie liberals, what's the problem?

I would be DAMN sure that it would be sold to buy a different car for my wife... and I don't have a wife.

The ONLY thing scarier than riding in one of those was the very short trip I took in the sidecar of a friends BMW motorcycle. Looking UP at the undercarriage of semis and city buses was unnerving as hell.:surprise:

Pat

Around here the only people driving them are yuppie liberals. That only makes me dislike them more...

If the only people driving the dangerous, not-so-economic, rolling coffin "smart" cars are the yuppie liberals, what's the problem?

Good point!

Pat