Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Airman Nelson J. Colon-Perez

Nemo

Today my oldest son got sworned into the United States Armed Forces, specifically the Florida Air National Guard. I'm in PR and missed the ceremony but my brother and my youngest son were there.

I texted Francisco and asked him "How did your brother look, scared?" He replied "LIKE A MAN!" That brought tears to my eyes.

I'm so proud right now! To my son's successful journey! :cheers:

I've been out of the service for 22 years. Looking back, it was the best years of my life. I wouldn't trade that experience for anything. My friends from there are still my best even though we are miles apart. It was a special time in my life, and I hope it works out the same way for your son. Tell him that there aren't words to describe our thanks to him and the young people who keep us safe in todays world.

Congratulations to Junior and you, Nemo. :cheers: We all appreciate his willingness to serve. And we all know that any male member of the Nelson Colon clan is a prime space cadet candidate. :D

Edited by XD Niner

Congrats Nemo, I am sure you are very proud of him. The term Airman is very special to me, I have been one for over 22 years and am not sure how I will react when I am not one anymore. Young men like your son are the future of our military and our country, I am sure he will serve with pride and dignity. Best of luck to him in his career and may God bless him for his service!