Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Shot Season 1 - Episode 2

XRe

I'm sure selective editing has a lot to do with our impressions of Brad right now.

Most of us do it to some degree, especially when we feel we are amongst friends. Unfortunately, if this is the only side you see of someone, it will leave you with the wrong impression.

I cringe to think about how people think of me if they only were around me in some of my weaker moments.

On the competition, I doubt it would have made much difference if Blake was in it or not. It appeared that the members of the Red team that missed their shots were worried more about the time aspect. This was a perfect case where you couldn't miss fast enough to win.

Right now the most important aspect of the competition is team performance, it will be interesting to see how things change when there are fewer shooters and the competition becomes more individual.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure selective editing has a lot to do with our impressions of Brad right now.

Yes and no... Yes, selective editing is definitely a part of how anyone comes across on these shows... No, because I know one of the "guest experts" well enough to guess what his feelings about Brad are (things that aren't being said... and no, I haven't spoken to said expert about the episode, yet...), and he's a pretty spot on judge of a shooter's character and ability. The other expert just gave you his thoughts above your post, so...

Hopefully, someone will call Brad the WAHmbulance before next week's episode... ;) (ETA - that's a joke, people cheers.gif )...

Edited by XRe

I’m happy that the other contestants got a chance to shoot. No wall Flowers by default This week.

The NY cop SWAT guy Is off the show. Oh well.

I’m trying not to be overly judgmental but some of the Pistol guys,, seem to be Just that.

I do think a 3 Gunner,, gun nut,, that likes anything that shoots kind of guy would have an advantage on this show.

They do have to run with what they (Brung) or handed to them in this case.

It is entertaining, it seems in tv, there must be a hero and a villian. Last week it was kelly, now it brad, next week it will be someone else. It gets everyone riled up, and you want to see that person fail, it just makes for good tv.

Anyways personally, I would love to see TGO, Todd, Jerry M, Barnhart, Taran, from the pistol side and a mixture of more 3 gunners, and maybe an international affair, maybe frenchy. lol, or maybe a legends event, where you pull previous legends of the shooting world and get them out there.

Who said there are no IPSC "3-gunners" on the show ?? I used to shoot the area 3-gun events, and won the Mason-Dixon match (open division), and Iain is just coming back from competing at the MGM Ironman right now. Chris is a professional weapons training expert and though he might not "formally compete" in 3-guns, he is a multi-discipline expert by any measure. And Denny used to shoot IPSC 3-gun before he started with all that horse riding/roping stuff.

I really liked the episode last night. Much higher difficulty level, and I think we all stepped up our shooting game. A better show all around! Still big strategy decisions and team dynamics. At one point I was second-guessing why I chose to shoot a tougher target than JJ-Friggin-Racaza!! And I don't care what Colby says, that smallest tube looking under 1-1/2" to me. A quarter is just 1". But we didn't walk up and measure. The smallest two tubes were really difficult !!

Well I stand corrected! So it's safe to say one of you 4 is the winner ? :lol:

Most of us do it to some degree, especially when we feel we are amongst friends. Unfortunately, if this is the only side you see of someone, it will leave you with the wrong impression.

I cringe to think about how people think of me if they only were around me in some of my weaker moments.

On the competition, I doubt it would have made much difference if Blake was in it or not. It appeared that the members of the Red team that missed their shots were worried more about the time aspect. This was a perfect case where you couldn't miss fast enough to win.

Right now the most important aspect of the competition is team performance, it will be interesting to see how things change when there are fewer shooters and the competition becomes more individual.

The man said what he said.

How many other people here are going to put a quarter on a target at 8 yards and try to shoot it? I know I am already going to try.

I myself am rooting for JJ and Adam B. They are the only people that I have shot with on the show.

How many other people here are going to put a quarter on a target at 8 yards and try to shoot it? I know I am already going to try.

I myself am rooting for JJ and Adam B. They are the only people that I have shot with on the show.

I'm going to give the .25 cent a shot,, next time at the range,,, it still is different,, seeing I own the gun. but I just want to see if I can do it,, :ph34r:

I know I can but how many rounds will it take. :devil:

I think the range is in Castaic.

Best part is when Matt Burkett says, "So, do you want any tips or what?"

Another great line from the episode 3 preview.

"I'm an IPSC grandmaster, I don't want to play with bows and arrows."

Seiichi

I gotta say and no offense meant to Ben but I did feel like no one was happy shooting a 92F. It kinda made me chuckle when they came back in the house after the challenge practice session and someone said, "Beretta again..... :( ". Also I like how Ben prefaced alot of the shooters with the question, "are you a Glock guy mostly?"

The challenge stages would be a bit more interesting if you got to use your own gun/weapon. In my way of thinking that would be more indicative of who the "top" shot really is. Let them figure it out on the team challenge using pick up guns then fight it out in the end using their own weapons. Keep the crossbows and long bows in the show but drop all other primitive weapons they may be using (throwing knives, etc...). Let guys have certain challenges where they can pick their own weapon to use, like bow against pistol, pistol against rifle, crossbow against longbow, etc...

I gotta say and no offense meant to Ben but I did feel like no one was happy shooting a 92F.

I don't know why that would offend me. I actually thought how some of them didn't like it was kinda funny. They didn't know it at the time, but they had to make really tight shots with it, so I was amused at what happened in the challenge.

I shoot pasters at 25 yards all the time... but not with a 92F... :lol:

I shoot pasters at 25 yards too... I just can't tell you which one I'm aiming at!:cheers:

:roflol:

I was thinking the same thing. :unsure:

Best part is when Matt Burkett says, "So, do you want any tips or what?"

classic line... LOL

There was also the exchange after Brad shot the first string and Matt asked why he missed so much off center :roflol:

Ben was a good instructor on the show - you don't really see it reflected in the episode, but he managed to take Jim from being total foreign to pistols to at least conversant enough to make his shot on the tube in about 30 rounds - that's a credit to Jim for listening and Ben for teaching well.

Sadly, the episode didn't contain some of the funny stuff we did, such as the Mike Seeklander Memorial Dart Tournament hosted by Colby as played by Blake Miguez. That was a truly funny evening as we dealt with the surprise and kind of shock at the first elimination.

The other thing that I wished had gotten a bit more camera time was the hanging of Mike's jersey. That wasn't staged, or something the production staff asked us to do. It shows the character of the people on the show as well that regardless of personalities we have a lot of respect for our "fallen comrades." As far as I know, nothing like that has ever been done on a reality competition show before.

Ben was a good instructor on the show - you don't really see it reflected in the episode, but he managed to take Jim from being total foreign to pistols to at least conversant enough to make his shot on the tube in about 30 rounds - that's a credit to Jim for listening and Ben for teaching well.

Sadly, the episode didn't contain some of the funny stuff we did, such as the Mike Seeklander Memorial Dart Tournament hosted by Colby as played by Blake Miguez. That was a truly funny evening as we dealt with the surprise and kind of shock at the first elimination.

The other thing that I wished had gotten a bit more camera time was the hanging of Mike's jersey. That wasn't staged, or something the production staff asked us to do. It shows the character of the people on the show as well that regardless of personalities we have a lot of respect for our "fallen comrades." As far as I know, nothing like that has ever been done on a reality competition show before.

You mean like retiring Mike's jersey?

I liked Matt's comment when he said, "I don't know, but that's your target size now!"

I agree. That exchange said a lot about both of them. It should never matter what size your target is.

I like the show, well at least the competition part of it. When someone is booted off they have a chance to stay but have to produce. Don't care much for the drama, but it sells to the larger markets.

And yes someone appears to be a butthead

later rdd

Brad does look like a producers dream doesn't he. That said, I have shot with Brad and he is a good shooter, he is young, very motivated and headstrong. All things, when not under a microscope are just fine in someones personality.

Just to break it down, Brad is a fellow shooter (our community) and a decent guy, regardless of what role he decided to play on this show, purposeful or not.

You might like this video to lighten him up. It is a prop stage and someone set the door wrong.