Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Shot Season 1 - Episode 2

XRe

Brad,

Welcome to the BEnosverse! The show did a great job of making you look like a dick ( you may have helped a bit... ;) ). However, please understand that my comments (and hopefully those of others) are about you as a TV character and not about you as a USPSA shooter/friend/son/dad/etc. We have a very unusual situation with this show in that we can play armchair QBs to a TV show and the characters respond to the feedback. Awesome!

Like someone said you're one of us. We'll give you hell but you'll still be one of us. I'm sure we "keep" some that are worst, like Cliff... :sight:

Welcome again! :cheers:

Shoot good.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love all the comments about "so and so is a jerk" based on 10 minutes of footage from a "reality" tv show. If cameras followed me around 24x7 filming everything I did in a day, the producers could cut and paste that to make a 5-10 minute montage to make me out to be anything they wanted to. For example, last week the show made a guy that we all know can shoot look like he couldn't hit the bottom of his holster.

This week they made Brad out to be a bad guy because he made a comment or two about how the Beretta doesn't fit him well and showed him taking "extra" practice rounds. If I could shoot well enough to get on the show you would have been able to see me making comments about how I prefer the grip of my custom built SV to the Beretta and I would have looked like even more of a prima dona than Brad did. Oh, and not knowing what the challenge would be and with $100K on the line I might get tempted to take a couple extra practice shots too.

Brad may well be a jerk, but I don't know him and I'm not a teenage girl so I'm not going to form my opinion on that based on this show.

The comments reflect the persona of the TV "character" as depicted by his own unscripted words and the words/opinions of his fellow competitors.

So are you a teenaged girl? :unsure:

A really cute one. And overweight bearded guys are not my type, so don't get any ideas.

How about how he butchered Ben's last name "this is Ben Stegger" :roflol:

I could be wrong, and probably am, But I believe Ben is pronouncing his name differently these days. In the 3 years or so, I have known him, It has always been Stoeger, like the shotgun. In His beretta video on Youtube, he refers to himself as "styger" Maybe Ben can clear this up.Also speaking of Ben, I though it was pretty funny how he pulled no punches with the old guy, when he said"This guy is incompetant" Sounds like some of the comments he has left in my Range Diary. Just teasing ya Ben,Great job on the show.

I love all the comments about "so and so is a jerk" based on 10 minutes of footage from a "reality" tv show. If cameras followed me around 24x7 filming everything I did in a day, the producers could cut and paste that to make a 5-10 minute montage to make me out to be anything they wanted to. For example, last week the show made a guy that we all know can shoot look like he couldn't hit the bottom of his holster.

This week they made Brad out to be a bad guy because he made a comment or two about how the Beretta doesn't fit him well and showed him taking "extra" practice rounds. If I could shoot well enough to get on the show you would have been able to see me making comments about how I prefer the grip of my custom built SV to the Beretta and I would have looked like even more of a prima dona than Brad did. Oh, and not knowing what the challenge would be and with $100K on the line I might get tempted to take a couple extra practice shots too.

Brad may well be a jerk, but I don't know him and I'm not a teenage girl so I'm not going to form my opinion on that based on this show.

The comments reflect the persona of the TV "character" as depicted by his own unscripted words and the words/opinions of his fellow competitors.

So are you a teenaged girl? :unsure:

A really cute one. And overweight bearded guys are not my type, so don't get any ideas.

I was just about to shave. :roflol:

It is very cool to see not only the high level of competitors, but the same in the expert help they're getting, least wise for the firearms so far. I wonder if they'll get the same for the traditional weapons coming up.

Matt sounded different than I remember from a few years back; deeper/more gravelly voice.

Matt sounded different than I remember from a few years back; deeper/more gravelly voice.

Yes... isn't he dreamy! (in best teenage girl voice...)

I could be wrong, and probably am, But I believe Ben is pronouncing his name differently these days. In the 3 years or so, I have known him, It has always been Stoeger, like the shotgun. In His beretta video on Youtube, he refers to himself as "styger" Maybe Ben can clear this up.Also speaking of Ben, I though it was pretty funny how he pulled no punches with the old guy, when he said"This guy is incompetant" Sounds like some of the comments he has left in my Range Diary. Just teasing ya Ben,Great job on the show.

Yeah, at Holmen last year he told me it is actually pronounced "Stegger" I figured he was just screwing with me :huh: . Imagine if Ben was a contestant on the show, everyone would probably be thinking he was an incompetant shooter, the most arrogant person alive and involved in a love triangle between him, Tara and Hooper's wife. :D

That being said, even though I'll be shooting my Glock in Area 1, I'm actually probably switching to CZ because I have small hands and it simply fits them better. The Glock sits at an angle off the web of my hand because the frame is large (and in Cali, we can't buy the Gen4).

Brad, we can arrange for you to shoot a Beretta at Area 1, if you'd like. :lol:

I know Brad, and he's not at all a jerk. Well, except for the Glock fanboy stuff. <_<

I liked Matt's comment when he said, "I don't know, but that's your target size now!"

That was definitely my favorite line so far and it was right on the mark. I'm enjoying the show but fully realize that the producer's goal is to sell advertising. The easiest way to do that in a situation like this is to create some good guys and some bad guys. Post production editing is their friend.

Regardless, I plan to keep watching. I for one like the fact that the competitors will be using a variety of weapons. The "Top Shot" for me is the person who can succeed with any projectile launching device. What I'm not going to put much stock in is the producers' portrayal of the competitors.

Yeah, at Holmen last year he told me it is actually pronounced "Stegger" I figured he was just screwing with me :huh: . Imagine if Ben was a contestant on the show, everyone would probably be thinking he was an incompetant shooter, the most arrogant person alive and involved in a love triangle between him, Tara and Hooper's wife. :D

I wasnt kidding. Its German and pronounced Stegger.

I am a crappy shot and a jerk. You love it.

The "Tube" shots are definately harder than they look. Its not just HITTING a quarter, its shooting THROUGH a tube !!

PS - if you knock the tube off the stand, that does NOT count at a HIT.

I noticed the step stools that JJ and a couple of the others had. Makes sense now since the shot has to travel level through the tube.

Great show! Looking forward to Sunday!

:cheers:

I noticed the step stools that JJ and a couple of the others had. Makes sense now since the shot has to travel level through the tube.

Good pick up there. I was wondering at that. I see now where that definitely ups the difficulty, having to line up directly uprange of the tube, and at the same height, before you can even start to aim.

And just think... the producers had no idea who was going to shoot through which tube, so the height issue was a real concern. And if you actually VOICED that concern, and they got it on tape, and they strung it together with a bunch of your other concerns... you too might be feeling like Brad right about now.

He's really not a bad guy at all. A super smart guy who just said what he was thinking, before thinking what he was saying. Ha!

'Po little Red Team [insert head patting icon here].

Let's dish the dirt on somebody on the Blue Team, now.

Anybody think JJ is just a little too, uhm, "demonstrative" when he celebrates? :devil::devil::devil:

kidding, Kidding, JUST KIDDING!!! :D:P

I was curious if during the practice the competitors were seriously time limited, or just ammo limited? Was their much dry-firing going on?

-rvb

We definitely had time limits on our practice. For example, the Beretta practice was 140 rounds or (IIRC) one hour, whichever comes first. So there was definitely a strategy and planning element in how to utilize our practice time as well.

I wanna see Flex in Season 2! Go get'em boss! B)

I haven't been shooting as much (for a while now), but I've been working on my smack talk !! goof.gif

just need some pretty boy hair and an attitude and you'll do well.

I wasnt kidding. Its German and pronounced Stegger.

I am a crappy shot and a jerk. You love it.

So you're not denying the love triangle then?