Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Doh, I feel like an idiot. Thanks. Ordered one.
  3. Had a Dave Dawson built 2011 in 40 that shot everthing well. Short ammo, long ammo, major, minor, all different weights. I was the 3rd owner and ended up selling it back to the original owner by chance after I bought an SV in 40.
  4. Good reminder - This mag will never see competition but the new Atlas ones I have will. Definitely need to check those.
  5. You need to check that mag in a mag gauge if you ever compete in a Level II or III match with it. I tried my Dawson SNL basepads from my limited gun SV mags(which gauge okay) and the SA Duramags wouldn't fit the gauge.
  6. It's at least twice as fast as I could do it without it. About 60% fall in place with a couple shakes. The rest easily fall in with a little help. It's far better than placing each round in the hole.
  7. Quick update: I’ve got the new toy in on Tuesday!!! Below my few observations and impressions compared to S2 with ultra light spring and reach reduction kits and new flatter trigger. First observations: it’s gorgeous from the outside :). I shoot a few (50) rounds from the old MecGar CZ magazines , all went through without problems, my friends’ newer MBX CZ mags didn’t lock in however and when they did he had problems feeding. With the stock heavy springs, the recoil feels softer than S2. Accuracy: exceptional, 3 groups 3-4 rounds each , holes were touching from 7 yards. Trigger: - DA is heavy, long and gritty, very close to how my SP01 came from the factory 10 years ago. I have done some basic polishing so it’s much nicer now. The worst offender was the trigger guide / plunger. - SA long take up, fairly long reset. I assume some of that can be fixed by bolo interruptor? I hope the answer is yes :). Grips: OEM grips are useless, had to cut old CZ’s LokGrips as a temporary solution. Magazines: that is the area of concern, so far from 10ish Mec-Gar magazines I‘ve tried, 2-3 consistently binding and not ejecting, I don’t know if polishing magwell will fix it.. would like to hear the experiences and suggestions. If I will find/adjust/modify a holster I might try to shoot a match over the weekend, and report the impressions.
  8. I really love Can You Count as a no fat pure fundamentals drill. It’s an index draw, sustained recoil management and a speed index reload, and repeat for consistency. Alphas are mandatory. This is and was a typical run on the drill for me (97% GM). I’m about the same aptitude in index draws, recoil management and reloads. Before I got the Alien tuned up the wonky splits stretched that out to 3.3-3.4 with the same draws and reloads. It was clear where the deficit was and without better recoil control (in this case, gun tuning) there was no chance at GM scores. There’s really not much time I can shave out of there without raising the risk of error by a lot. So for V, she was able to do A class scores sometimes. But for the next phase of training, it’ll be 0.80 index draws. She can do a 0.9 currently. Also keeping the reload to under 1.2, which is where she’s at. But that means the recoil management has to step up. She has to be sub-20s sustained. She can kind of do that now, but when I watched first person hat cam of the drill, there’s still some technique to iron out to get the fundamentals to stretch it out at distance… which is part of the ongoing goal. So for 87% CYC it breaks down to 0.80 draw, 1.1 reload and sub 20 splits. A little more clearance on the splits will allow a little margin on the reload. 3.5 seconds per string is the goal for her. There’s not much fat on this drill, but that’s why it’s a good “no excuses” drill. In my estimation (these are 3 yard distances): [reproducible] Close Draw: GM: 0.6x M: 0.7x A: 0.80-1.00 B: >1.0 Close reload: GM: <1.0 M: 1.0-1.1 A: >1.1 Close sustained recoil control: GM: >0.17s M: >0.18s A: >0.19s B: >0.20s Everything is so damn close. But there’s a league of difference in recoil control between 0.15s and 0.19s.
  9. Here is mine. Came directly from Briley. Essentially the slide/frame/grip are original. Barrel is theirs with their spherical bushing. Also had a threaded barrel fit to run suppressed. Rest has been replaced with EGW parts. Very impressed so far. Started with a Defender CCW but just swapped to an ST.
  10. Today
  11. A few iron sight divisions aren't holding anyone back from shooting an optic in 9mm. More optic divisions now then ever.
  12. But, they did raise production to 15 rounds and nothing has really happened from that as far as activity. I'm in area 4 and was just looking at last year's area 4 championship. 16 people shot production last year when it was 10 rounds and only nine have signed up so far this year with it being 15 rounds. So while 15 is not necessarily high cap, it's not really low cap anymore either. And production is minor only so that's two of the three things that have changed that you said USPSA is clinging to, with no appreciable uptick in numbers. The last one being iron sights, really cannot change in an iron sight division. I think people just are done with iron sights, and I don't know that there's any way to really get those numbers up. I'll still shoot some limited and single stack from time to time to help out where I can LOL. But, I'm pretty much willing to concede that Ironsight divisions are dead overall, and they're not coming back
  13. USPSA clings to low cap, irons and .40 SW because they don't want to upset the whales with the money in their older guns. If the sports wants to grow it will have to reflect what people are buying, and shooting both in a civilian world and in the military. It's amazing the sport has not lost more numbers in the 15 years they have been fighting the death of .40 SW, 10 round mags and now iron sights. But look whos steering the ship, no surprises.
  14. Thank you! This will be my first attempt.
  15. 1.055 thinking about getting a throat reamer.
  16. I was pretty concerned about this, but the reamer makes a significantly different feel once you're at the end of the chamber. It's very obvious and easy to catch. I didn't even cut into the finish.
  17. If it's plunking smoothly and easily it should also spin pretty easily. While yes it's technically headspacing off the extractor, that's not really how you want ammo fitting in a barrel, and passing the plunk test definitely doesn't add too much safety margin. If some brass has a thinner or thicker rim, you still want that ammo cleanly fitting the chamber. How short are you needing to load them?
  18. LOL this is almost as bad as reading posts on tweeter
  19. I was pretty disappointed thus far with how I've done at matches despite doing some work. The gun just didn't sit well with me and I was struggling mightily with it. I'm super excited to now have a setup that fits my mind's eye and that I can start really developing comfort and flow with. I'm looking forward to really making some good progress now.
  20. I'm not sure how much faster that is than the manual method, but, it's a gizmo I didn't have, so I had to order one. Thanks for the link.
  21. Yesterday
  22. Like I said...I can case gauge and place 100 rounds in an ammo case in 90 seconds...
  23. @joseywales is correct. 9.2.2 is very clear.
  24. You guys worrying about a backup TF being a tad bit different than an S2 and I am here with a Bull Shadow 2 as main with a P10 plastic gun as a backup....
  25. 'Twas a pissin' rain Yep I'm in Salt Lake City, and yep it's raining. Today was day one of The Beehive Revolver (WRC) Championship. I didn't shoot today, but the real men and women did. I went and bought rain gear. I figured $80 bucks for rain gear was cheaper than the $200 speeding ticket I got driving up hear.
  1. Load more activity