Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Texas Multigun Championship April 11-13, 2014

I hope the campground where we're staying has a computer and a printer. If not, then I guess I'll just have to wait for the stage description at the walk through for each stage!

Assuming your staying at the camp ground on the gun range.. If so, last year the camp ground was just a field. Definitely no computer or printer.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, we're staying at the KOA in Leander, TX.

I'm leaving Ft Worth around noon. If they're posted before then I'll print some for those that cannot. PM me if you want my contact info.

This is only my second major match but the first one seemed to have a better handle on this. Nicely printed and bound match booklets at registration, stages posted several days in advance. Same cost too.

Just saw the post about a 30 round shotgun course . Looking forward to that , to the whiners shotgun loading is part of the game . Personally I hate short shotgun stages where you dont reload. To each his own

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Just saw the post about a 30 round shotgun course . Looking forward to that , to the whiners shotgun loading is part of the game . Personally I hate short shotgun stages where you dont reload. To each his own

Yup, loading a shotgun is a critical part of real 3 gun. I hate that 3GN has driven people away from stages where you have to reload..... Reloading the shotgun is as important a part of multigun as shooting it is.

That said, sounds like the big shotgun course might not have made it in the match after all.......

Edited by BigLucky

Got some time to kill before registration what should I see or do in Georgetown

Don't know about Georgetown, but Waco is just up I-35, and the Texas Ranger Museum in Waco is worth the trip! In my opinion. YMMV.

Or go south, through Austin, to Buda (sp?); to Cabelas. It's right on I-35, hard to miss.

Good Luck,

Tommy

Yup, loading a shotgun is a critical part of real 3 gun. I hate that 3GN has driven people away from stages where you have to reload..... Reloading the shotgun is as important a part of multigun as shooting it is.

That said, sounds like the big shotgun course might not have made it in the match after all.......

Oh damn! I was just working on figuring out how to carry more shells specifically for your shotgun stage....bummer

This is not a good sign.

I wonder how many of the stage designs are finalized now?

Got some time to kill before registration what should I see or do in Georgetown

There are a couple of wine shops on the town square, if you're into wine (not my thing, but I tag along with my wife). STI is a great idea, but they only offer tours one day a week - think it's Tuesday but don't quote me on that. Stop by Guns Plus which is right across the street from the Georgetown High School - the guy who runs it is also a shooter who's sponsoring and shooting in TXMG. If you need any competition gear, swing by Dave Dawson's shop (Dawson Precision) in Leander (20 minutes from Georgetown), but be aware, it's not that well marked or easy to find. For the younger and single crowd, Southwestern University has a ratio of almost 3 gals for every guy (my son is going there).

Hope this helps - see you at the match!

Stages look fun. Looking forward to getting there and trying to tear it up! It appears based on the descriptions i can leave the shotgun at home and go all pistol if I so chose. I bet that is not the case that is just how I read the descriptions. I also like it when forced to use shotgun and am required to reload since I practiced enough to be proficient!! See you all there!